6s plus updates

Cbush1952

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
Am planning on getting iphone very soon. Question is how long will 6s plus keep receiving updates? Thought about 7 plus but too many complaints about cell reception, dropped calls, etc. 8 or whatever they call it seems a bit too pricey.

jimkraz

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
It's not that long ago they stopped updates for the four series, the five is still getting updates so I would think your fine for some time to come.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Am planning on getting iphone very soon. Question is how long will 6s plus keep receiving updates? Thought about 7 plus but too many complaints about cell reception, dropped calls, etc. 8 or whatever they call it seems a bit too pricey.

Hmmm.....been using a 7+ for about 6 months and have no issues with cell reception or dropped calls.

My wife and son both have 6S+ and they plan to keep them for a while. So I think you'll be safe.

jfa1

Trusted Member
May 7, 2009
Visit site
So I'm a long time die hard windows phone user. I just bought an iPhone 6s Plus. I suspect there's going to be a learning curve although my wife and daughter have iPhone's both 6s. I've had issues with my 950 battery and other issues like not able to figure out laptop to phone calendar synch. I'm hoping I wont have similar issues between the iPhone and my laptop. I'm still planning on using outlook ( have Outlook 16 as well as Office 365

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
So I'm a long time die hard windows phone user. I just bought an iPhone 6s Plus. I suspect there's going to be a learning curve although my wife and daughter have iPhone's both 6s. I've had issues with my 950 battery and other issues like not able to figure out laptop to phone calendar synch. I'm hoping I wont have similar issues between the iPhone and my laptop. I'm still planning on using outlook ( have Outlook 16 as well as Office 365

Outlook works great on iOS so you should be just fine.

jfa1

Trusted Member
May 7, 2009
Visit site
I just switched from the 950 to the 6S+ and I have outlook 2016 and O 365. I also just got a MS hosted exchange $4.00 a month account which allows me again to synch between my O 365 calendar and the iPhone. Its great. I'm a lawyer and the 9r0 and my laptop stopped communicating with my calendar and it was caused by the fine print in 365 TOS hence the exchange account which allowed the synch again.

Cbush1952

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
Sorry so late getting back. Thank you all for inputs. Will be getting Iphone within the next month. After reading am debating on 7plus or 6s Plus, mainly because of headphone jack vs stereo.