New 6s Plus Battery Usage

jenni122701

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
My new 6s Plus seems to be running through battery much faster than my 6 Plus did. This battery area shows FB using a lot. And I'm not using FB often. Is there maybe a setting connected to the FB app I'm overlooking perhaps that might cause the increased use? FB most certainly wasn't using that much on my 6. Thanks!
c19fc73ddfd7a9080dd65adc2905edb2.jpg

Elwaleed Mahmoud

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Check from battery settings if this battery consumption is from background or foreground use . If background use is higher , you need to stop background app refresh for Facebook.

jenni122701

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Check from battery settings if this battery consumption is from background or foreground use . If background use is higher , you need to stop background app refresh for Facebook.

I have background refresh turned off for everything, but I notice FB settings has it on but its not clickable to change it. So I am not sure what that means.
8fbe4eae5c3d787c4fa4c9d01d11e754.jpg

bb59a57e144b170734293744b869b353.jpg

Elwaleed Mahmoud

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
That's strange because mine is clickable. You may try hard reset which sometimes puts things back into order ( shutting the device completely off ,then booting it on while holding both the power and volume up buttons. When Apple logo appears release the power button, and when home screen appears release the volume up button) .

jenni122701

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
That's strange because mine is clickable. You may try hard reset which sometimes puts things back into order ( shutting the device completely off ,then booting it on while holding both the power and volume up buttons. When Apple logo appears release the power button, and when home screen appears release the volume up button) .

I will try the hard reset. I'm definitely not too thrilled with the battery usage. Was thinking it would be better than my 6 Plus was. Thanks for replying!

SandersJC1964

May 3, 2016
Visit site
As far as the battery life goes, how long have you given it after the factory reset? You should give it a few days to settle out. As to the Background App Refresh setting in your Facebook settings, it's grayed out because you have BAR turned off in your General settings. Turn it back on and then you can turn it off in Facebook settings.

jenni122701

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
As far as the battery life goes, how long have you given it after the factory reset? You should give it a few days to settle out. As to the Background App Refresh setting in your Facebook settings, it's grayed out because you have BAR turned off in your General settings. Turn it back on and then you can turn it off in Facebook settings.

Ty! I fixed the BAR setting and now the FB one is off in FB settings. So thanks for that info. The hard reset I did was 3 days ago. I am still not thrilled with the battery usage, but it's ok. I am always near a charger anyway. I was just surprised at the difference from my 6 Plus.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77