Playing local music files?

Polo_Tee

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
I'm new to iPhone and I'm wondering if it is possible to play or have access to music files I downloaded from a 3rd party app like: Spotify, Apple Music, or Google Music. I am a long time Android user and this wasn't an issue to do. Once you downloaded music and stored it on the phone the app of your choice which I used Google Music a lot included those songs into my Google Music library. On the iPhone this is not the case, I do not see the files at all on my phone only in the 3rd party app music library that I do not want to use do to the fact you can't include other music outside of the app. Hopefully this was explained semi-well and someone can help me out. Basically in a nutshell, I'm trying to play songs I downloaded from My Mixtapez to be included/synchronized in the library of Google Music, Spotify, or Apple Music preferably Google Music.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
No. Songs downloaded from those other site will not be available in the native Music app.

If you desire that functionality, you will need to copy them to the device from a computer using iTunes.

Note that the songs will not "cross pollinate" between those other apps either.

Polo_Tee

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for the quick response! I was hoping you wouldn't say that. LOL Sounds like I have a dilemma on my hands. I really liked that feature, I didn't realize it was exclusive to Android.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2