For those of you new to 6/ 6s Plus sized phone, what surprised you most?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
That it fits in my pockets easily. Even my jeans. That has surprised me most. Even with an Otterbox Commuter, it fits nicely with room to spare.
I just came from the 5.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
If you have an expectation to be pleased with whatever purchase you make with Apple then nothing will surprise you. Which is a very good thing.

MCube74

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Then you have nothing to loose.

Go for the iPhone 6s Plus. Every user has started from using smaller phones and moved up to using bigger phones.

Yes it is easier to carry and user the iPhone 6s but honestly it is not so difficult to manage the iPhone 6s Plus.

I just looked at the Plus model as the one with better display, better camera and better battery life. That was more important for me as I know that the phone I will get I will be using it for a full year until iPhone 7 gets released, so might as well get the best of the best from this year's release.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Surprised that I can still use it decently well with one hand when necessary. The phone is also so thin that it really doesn't feel or look that big until you put it next to another device. Fits fine in most of my pockets as well.

If Apple releases. 5.1" device that has all the same functions as the 5.5" 6/6S Plus I might jump down to that, but the 4.7" 6/6S feels small now and I don't think I could go that far back haha

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Use one of the larger phones for a while and go back and use a 5... you'll know the answer.
I understand exactly what you're saying. Every time I've gotten a new phone it's usually been a bigger screen than the previous one, except when I went from BlackBerry 9000 to 9700. If I've gone from the bigger one back to the smaller one I've noticed the difference and preferred the bigger one.

Muessig

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I've always found that it's easier to get used to a new device than it is to downsize to a smaller screen. Especially when typing - everything seems so cramped when going back to a small screen!

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I understand exactly what you're saying. Every time I've gotten a new phone it's usually been a bigger screen than the previous one, except when I went from BlackBerry 9000 to 9700. If I've gone from the bigger one back to the smaller one I've noticed the difference and preferred the bigger one.

Same. Back in the day I was like "I never want a phone that big" .. I tried the Note and was like "I am never going back!" lol :).

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I'd been using a Note 4 and a Lumia 1520 for a full year by the time I got my iPhone 6s Plus, so the size didn't surprise me.

What did surprise me is how balanced and how easily it fits in my hand. My Lumia is a handful and not easy to manage because of the sharp corners, but I love the big screen. My Note 4 was my first B I G phone that I have been using regularly, although it's not my primary device. By the time I got the Plus, I was ready for how big it would be, but I was surprised at how well it handles. Sure, it's a rather tight fit in my pocket. But I wouldn't trade it.

It is big for a phone call. But that's why God created BT headsets.

charmguru

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
How much I love it and how used to it I am surprised me the most. I thought it would take some time. And I'm learning tricks to one hand use. To even touch a 5 now feels wrong. Like a toy phone. I love the big screen for reading and I never charge my phone anymore. It's been way too long since I've been able to leave my house without a charger. I was just speaking to my little bro last night about how I said I would never get a big phone and here I am.

jjtheprince

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Well, I kept my old 5c to use as sort of a backup device or more a less as in ipod since I can just use it on wifi. I can't sell it bc it has this issue where it just randomly shuts off every now and then & won't restart for a few hours.

Compared to my 6s plus, it feels like a tiny toy device. I do wish the 6s plus would have been slightly smaller, a 5.0" - 5.2" screen would be ideal I think.

blwatson

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I went from a 5s to a 6s Plus and I cannot look back. The size at first is alarming, but after a couple of days you won't notice it anymore until you use a smaller phone. The screen is gorgeous and after a couple weeks I still can't put it down.

bkl93

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I was surprised at how fast the home button on my 6S Plus is. Sometimes Injust want to wake up the phone, but before you know it, I'm into Apple Play.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2