iPhone Upgrade Program

metacuate

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Just some friendly advice. There are actually two different types of installment plans available through Apple, both of which are financed through Citizens One Loan, and both of which are only available for the iPhone 6S and 6S Plus.

The first 24-month installment plan is the Apple Upgrade Program. You agree to a credit check and, if approved, you pay the first month's installment payment, sales tax, and a stamp fee on the phone with a credit card. Stamp fee is like $0.50 for every $100 you spend.

Example: (out the door)
IPhone 6S Plus 64 GB $849.00

First month's payment $40.75 (this includes the Apple Care+)
Applicable sales tax for your state on full retail price of phone
Stamp fee (roughly $5.00)

Subsequent monthly payments would be $40.75.

No stamp fee on my receipt here in Indiana, only tax, AC+ and device.

joe_m_p

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
So glad I didn't go this route only because I didn't want a hard inquiry on my credit report. I ended up paying off one of my Edge Agreements (about $100) with Verizon and picked up a 64 GB Space Gray 6s. After using a Nexus 6 (same size as 6 Plus except with a 6" screen) I don't mind having a smaller phone.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I had a soft pull, not hard pull, and only on Experian, from Citizens. A soft pull does not affect credit, whereas a hard pull would. Who told you a hard pull? Even the Apple Store stated it was a soft pull. I opened a tmo account the same day, and tmo showed up as a Hard pull. I returned my phone and exchanged it for a different color, they reran my credit, and it showed as another soft pull, only on Experian again.

You are correct. I get alerted within 24 hours if there are any hard pulls and there were none for both phones purchased. Back in April when we tried TMO (big mistake!) that showed as a hard pull. Ridiculous as all we were doing was getting service (I bought the S6 Edge and paid up front). And (of course) I was one of the ones that received a letter from Experian about the breach that affected millions that applied for TMO service in the past two years. I will be signing up for the two years of ID theft protection on them, however.

metacuate

May 3, 2013
Visit site
So glad I didn't go this route only because I didn't want a hard inquiry on my credit report. I ended up paying off one of my Edge Agreements (about $100) with Verizon and picked up a 64 GB Space Gray 6s. After using a Nexus 6 (same size as 6 Plus except with a 6" screen) I don't mind having a smaller phone.

There's no hard pull.

metacuate

May 3, 2013
Visit site
You are correct. I get alerted within 24 hours if there are any hard pulls and there were none for both phones purchased. Back in April when we tried TMO (big mistake!) that showed as a hard pull. Ridiculous as all we were doing was getting service (I bought the S6 Edge and paid up front). And (of course) I was one of the ones that received a letter from Experian about the breach that affected millions that applied for TMO service in the past two years. I will be signing up for the two years of ID theft protection on them, however.

Exactly. A hard pull lets them know what balances are like on other accounts, a soft pull is closer to an identity check and gives them just your credit score, but does not show everything else. I use the credit tracker which lets me see hard and soft pulls, and definitely only had soft pulls show up

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2