iPhone 6S Plus is my first Iphone device. Lots of questions need to be solved

kimin0211

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Hello. I just received my iPhone 6S Plus yesterday.

At first, I was looking forward to receiving my first ever iPhone. But now ah

I have lots of questions need to be solved regarding to this new device. I will update soon.

I just updated the iOS 9.0.2 this morning.

Reply message at lock screen
Can anyone teach me how to reply the message at lock screen? I tick the "Reply the Message", but it is not working. Apps such as Whatsapp, Inbox

Receive whatsapp from sender. But the sender name display at lock screen is not my contact name, it shows sender's customised name
Any solutions? Coz I do not know who is sending me the message when i look at the lock screen

Can I view or reply message shows at the lock screen without key in passcode once again
I reply message frequently. Feel troublesome that i need to key in passcode or thumb print when I need to reply message

Wifi will be automatically disconnected when the screen off
Any advise

How to restore the Android data to my new iPhone
I downloaded the "Move to iOS" app in my Samsung Note 2. but I unable to restore in my new iPhone

How to restore my whatsapp message from the Android phone to iOS
Please advise

Thank you very much.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Q. How to restore the android data to my new iPhone

When setting up your iPhone you should've seen the option to transfer from android. It'll connect to that app and transfer your info over.

Q. Wifi will be automatically disconnected when the screen off

No it won't disconnect with the screen off.

charmguru

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
The way Apple security is set up, you can't reply to messages without unlocking the phone. And I'm happy about it. I wouldn't want random people in my house reading or replying to messages without my knowledge because they were able to bypass the locked state of my iPhone.

charmguru

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
I'm having that same issue with what's app but I was with my 5 also so I'm not sure if their new update made that an issue or not.

Blackcash

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
In order to reply on the lock screen, go to Settings>Touch ID & Passcode, scroll down to "allow access when locked:" Turn on the reply with message.
It works on my 6S+.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The way Apple security is set up, you can't reply to messages without unlocking the phone. And I'm happy about it. I wouldn't want random people in my house reading or replying to messages without my knowledge because they were able to bypass the locked state of my iPhone.

That is incorrect. You can indeed reply to messages from the lock screen, especially if you have a recent version of iOS.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello. I just received my iPhone 6S Plus yesterday.
Congratulations

At first, I was looking forward to receiving my first ever iPhone. But now ah

I have lots of questions need to be solved regarding to this new device. I will update soon.
We're here to help you as best as we can.

I just updated the iOS 9.0.2 this morning.
Okay

Reply message at lock screen
Can anyone teach me how to reply the message at lock screen? I tick the "Reply the Message", but it is not working. Apps such as Whatsapp, Inbox
The aforementioned apps have to have that ability. If not, then those apps will not be able to. That restriction has nothing to do with the device.

Receive whatsapp from sender. But the sender name display at lock screen is not my contact name, it shows sender's customised name
Any solutions? Coz I do not know who is sending me the message when i look at the lock screen
That's a WhatsApp issue. Check the app's settings or the website's support section.

Can I view or reply message shows at the lock screen without key in passcode once again
I reply message frequently. Feel troublesome that i need to key in passcode or thumb print when I need to reply message
Yes, you can.

Wifi will be automatically disconnected when the screen off
Any advise
Your device should remain connected while the screen is off, but if it does not, it'll immediately reconnect.

How to restore the Android data to my new iPhone
I downloaded the "Move to iOS" app in my Samsung Note 2. but I unable to restore in my new iPhone

How to restore my whatsapp message from the Android phone to iOS
Please advise

Thank you very much.

I don't know.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Totally and completely inaccurate.

charmguru

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Sorry. Was unaware that you could do that. I've had many iPhones and so does everyone around me and I haven't seen anyone use it accept for people with jail broken phones. I apologize for the misinformation.

charmguru

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
That is incorrect. You can indeed reply to messages from the lock screen, especially if you have a recent version of iOS.

Can you explain how to me? I followed his directions above but when I get messages, it allows me to swipe left and there's an x or swipe right and unlock the phone. I don't see a reply option without unlocking the phone.

charmguru

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
I assuming its not allowing my friends and I to do that because we don't have our message previews on so we would have to unlock the phone to read the message anyway.

Thanks for correcting my wrong answer.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I assuming its not allowing my friends and I to do that because we don't have our message previews on so we would have to unlock the phone to read the message anyway.

Thanks for correcting my wrong answer.

I would think this is a given...you definitely have to have your message preview open in order to respond to a message from the lock screen.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77