I still don't understand the point of AppleCare. I mean, $130 upfront, and then if you break the screen you have to pay $100 on top of that. And if the phone is broken altogether, you still have to pay to replace it. I rather not have AppleCare and if I break my screen pay the $150
    The only benefit is if you break the whole phone then it's $99 to fix it as opposed to $330 out of warranty. But the way I see it, since I pay $130 upfront for AppleCare, and then $99 after that, it's $230 total. I rather risk not having it and just pay the $330 if something does happen. The biggest benefit is if you break it twice, then it's $99 each time with AppleCare rather than paying the $330 each time
    10-12-2015 02:32 PM
    I might buy it only because I just found out I can get a refund for the prorated amount if I decide to switch phones again after a year
    10-12-2015 03:03 PM
    I never bought Apple care. I replaced my phone a couple of times in the past and they never charged me (not a penny) as long as within 1 year of your purchase. Apple care is just an extension to your 1 year warranty that is already included when you bought the phone with no extra cost and I don't need extra year because I replace my phone every year anyway.
    10-12-2015 03:18 PM
    I might buy it only because I just found out I can get a refund for the prorated amount if I decide to switch phones again after a year
    Meh. I decided against it. I've only had one accident with a past phone that required replacing it. Other than that I have always been careful with my phones. If I break the screen I'll just pay the $150, and the $330 if I need to replace it altogether. I'll take the risk since it's only a $100 difference between replacing with AppleCare vs. not
    10-12-2015 04:05 PM
    This may be the first iPhone that I decide to use caseless. The drop tests are pretty impressive (although it would be nice to find one that tried on gravel or pavement, and did a corner impact). I may just got for a film and SquareTrade.

Chris
    10-14-2015 01:30 PM
    This may be the first iPhone that I decide to use caseless. The drop tests are pretty impressive (although it would be nice to find one that tried on gravel or pavement, and did a corner impact). I may just got for a film and SquareTrade.

Chris
    Let us know how it goes using it without a case. I stopped using screen protector since iPhone 4 and did not have any issues. I am now considering trying out for a week without a case, this time.
    10-14-2015 08:16 PM
    Are screen protectors really not needed on an iPhone? I had planned to get a glass one for my new 6s Plus but am unsure. I'm kind of spooked on not using one now. Here's why.

A couple phones ago I had a Samsung Galaxy Nexus with their version of gorilla glass 2 (not actually GG2 but Samsung's equivalent). I ran it caseless and screen protectorless for the last 4 months or so before getting a new phone. It never had a problem.

Moved to a Lumia 1020 which had gorilla glass 3, so I figured it would be even better. Ran it without a protector. A few months in it had rub marks/scratches at the top and bottom of the screen (around the ear speaker and the bottom button area not the screen area itself). I always carry it in my jeans pocket, not tight jeans either, and the only other thing ever in there is a plastic eye drop bottle. In Feb. of this year I went back to Android with a 2014 Moto X that also had GG3 so I was totally paranoid after the Lumia and ran a screen protector on it.

I'd love to go without a protector but I'm just paranoid now after the Lumia incident. I could understand the rub/scuff mark looking bits if there was a screen coating on top, but there were actual scratches as well (deep enough to catch a finger nail).
    10-15-2015 04:41 AM
    Are screen protectors really not needed on an iPhone? I had planned to get a glass one for my new 6s Plus but am unsure. I'm kind of spooked on not using one now. Here's why.

A couple phones ago I had a Samsung Galaxy Nexus with their version of gorilla glass 2 (not actually GG2 but Samsung's equivalent). I ran it caseless and screen protectorless for the last 4 months or so before getting a new phone. It never had a problem.

Moved to a Lumia 1020 which had gorilla glass 3, so I figured it would be even better. Ran it without a protector. A few months in it had rub marks/scratches at the top and bottom of the screen (around the ear speaker and the bottom button area not the screen area itself). I always carry it in my jeans pocket, not tight jeans either, and the only other thing ever in there is a plastic eye drop bottle. In Feb. of this year I went back to Android with a 2014 Moto X that also had GG3 so I was totally paranoid after the Lumia and ran a screen protector on it.

I'd love to go without a protector but I'm just paranoid now after the Lumia incident. I could understand the rub/scuff mark looking bits if there was a screen coating on top, but there were actual scratches as well (deep enough to catch a finger nail).

I can see why you have concerns about not putting screen protector and that's because of your bad experiences with others phones. I'm an OCD when it comes to my iPhone. A little scratch will get me annoyed. But, I was never worried not putting screen protector. Like I said on my previous post, I never had any issues with my screen since I stopped using it a couple of years ago on my iPhone 4 going forward (I hope I didn't jinx myself). Anyway, I just don't feel like having extra layer on top of my screen. It feels great while touching it and looks good without screen protector. You also don't have to worry about seeing bubbles if you don't put it correctly. It makes your phone looks kind of dirty too when you see those bubbles.
    10-15-2015 10:10 AM
    I can see why you have concerns about not putting screen protector and that's because of your bad experiences with others phones. I'm an OCD when it comes to my iPhone. A little scratch will get me annoyed. But, I was never worried not putting screen protector. Like I said on my previous post, I never had any issues with my screen since I stopped using it a couple of years ago on my iPhone 4 going forward (I hope I didn't jinx myself). Anyway, I just don't feel like having extra layer on top of my screen. It feels great while touching it and looks good without screen protector. You also don't have to worry about seeing bubbles if you don't put it correctly. It makes your phone looks kind of dirty too when you see those bubbles.
    That's why I always buy several screen protectors because I'm super anal lol I will keep doing it over until I have no bubbles or dust
    10-15-2015 11:19 AM
    That's why I always buy several screen protectors because I'm super anal lol I will keep doing it over until I have no bubbles or dust
    Exactly the reason why I don't use screen protector either. Lol
    10-15-2015 12:59 PM
    I use front back protector with clear soft case
    10-16-2015 09:12 AM
    Exactly the reason why I don't use screen protector either. Lol
    I use a tempered glass protector, no bubbles, no dust,... And I feel a lot more comfortable than I would feel without a screen protector.
    10-19-2015 12:29 PM
    So after I got a small scratch on the screen, I decided to go with a thin case and glass screen protector.

Chris
    10-19-2015 05:22 PM
    I am probably going to have att install it... Not sure.
    I always used to get a protective glass from amazon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-21-2015 02:16 PM
    Bought an iPhone 6S Plus for my wife my 13 year old daughter and me big my wife and daughter would not touch their phones until I put a tempered glass and case that was by their own choice... My daughter has broken several iPhones and androids but the smartphone before lasted wig a tempered glass it got broken many times and not once did the screen crack... Picked ours up from Amazon $7 each with free delivery it's way better deal than best buy or a local cellphone shop it takes patience to align and put on but to me it's well worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-21-2015 10:46 PM
    I had a ZAGG Glas screen protector on my 6...and installed one on my 6s+ this afternoon. It might not need it, but it makes me feel better, so it's worth it to me.
    10-21-2015 10:55 PM
    I had a ZAGG Glas screen protector on my 6...and installed one on my 6s+ this afternoon. It might not need it, but it makes me feel better, so it's worth it to me.
    Other than the obvious visual of a protector, and the $$$ because I wasn't thinking and picked up a Zagg as well locally instead of something off Amazon, I'm really liking the Zagg. It's my first glass screen protector and I'll never go back to the plastic ones. Wow, huge difference. It feels like using the naked screen but with protection still.
    10-22-2015 12:50 AM
    Other than the obvious visual of a protector, and the $$$ because I wasn't thinking and picked up a Zagg as well locally instead of something off Amazon, I'm really liking the Zagg. It's my first glass screen protector and I'll never go back to the plastic ones. Wow, huge difference. It feels like using the naked screen but with protection still.
    Number one reason I gravitate toward that specific item is because of their awesome lifetime warranty and excellent CS. I'm quite sure that other companies are as good in all aspects, but I guess I've kind of stuck with has always worked for me.
    10-22-2015 09:57 AM
    Meh. I decided against it. I've only had one accident with a past phone that required replacing it. Other than that I have always been careful with my phones. If I break the screen I'll just pay the $150, and the $330 if I need to replace it altogether. I'll take the risk since it's only a $100 difference between replacing with AppleCare vs. not
    So, even without apple care you can replace the whole phone for $330? That's for the first year, right? But then it's too late to buy for the 2nd year?
    10-22-2015 08:13 PM
    So, even without apple care you can replace the whole phone for $330? That's for the first year, right? But then it's too late to buy for the 2nd year?
    I'm not sure because it doesn't say on their websiteNo need for a case or screen protector for 6S and 6S Plus-imoreappimg_20151023_022843.jpg
    jesssiii7 likes this.
    10-23-2015 02:28 AM
    Well today I dropped my naked iPhone on my driveway😫 but I'm happy to report the only scratch i got is so small that you really have to look for it to find it😁😁😁
    jesssiii7 likes this.
    10-28-2015 08:38 AM
    Well, last Saturday I bought my 6S Plus in rose gold from the Apple Store! First thing before taking off film, I went a block over to Verizon and bought a Zagg tempered glass screen protector and had it put on. Then a clear plastic case. I've been switching between that case and the TPU clear case with a bumper made by Spiegen I got off Amazon. Also, naked at home because both cases hurt my fingers when using the phone one-handed. Finally bought the soft case (not leather) from Apple Store after feeling it on a coworker's iPhone 6. Comes today. I loved that it was thin and felt so good in the hand and had a felt sort of lining. And comes in many nice colors. I got lavender because it was muted and subtle, not fluorescent and bright. Plus, purple's my favorite color!
    10-28-2015 09:16 AM
    Took the case off of my 6S this morning and I must say, the added weight makes it feel really durable! Don't know how long this caseless thing is going to last but right now, I like it...a lot (Forrest Gump voice)
    Last edited by mumfoau; 02-25-2016 at 08:09 AM.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    02-25-2016 07:46 AM
148 ... 456