Going to refuse delivery of 6s so I can get the Plus...

EpicInUtah

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
So I finally decided for sure that I wanted to go from the 6s to the 6s Plus. Well, I was one day too late; the 6s has already shipped. After speaking with verizon my two options are to accept the delivery and take the unopened phone to a local retail store to exchange it for the Plus, or to refuse delivery of the 6s and after a couple business days, contact verizon to place an order for the Plus. I would think the odds of a local retail store having a Plus in stock are going to be very low so I think I'm going to just refuse delivery so I can reorder the Plus when they receive it back. And yes I know shipping times suck now, but I think of rather wait a bit versus being stuck with the phone that was 2nd choice.

What would YOU do? Do you think I'll have my luck with local authorized retailer stores having a 64gb 6s Plus in stock by the afternoon when my 6s will be delivered?

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I don't think you will have any luck at any stores. Might have to wait to return that one and order a new one through verizon which will be a longer ship time.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
...so I think I'm going to just refuse delivery so I can reorder the Plus when they receive it back. And yes I know shipping times suck now, but I think of rather wait a bit versus being stuck with the phone that was 2nd choice.

What would YOU do?

I would take delivery of the 6s and then try and deal with Verizon and an exchange. Second choice would probably refuse the delivery and then try and get the 6s+ through Apple and their lease program. I avoid ordering through carriers if at all possible, so much easier to deal with Apple directly...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
This approach you're taking seems like a headache...I wouldn't want any part of it, but then again, I ordered the device I wanted from the get go.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Hard to say if you can luck up and find one in a store. Give it a shot. But if you have to wait that's what it is.
I had to wait 6 weeks for my Plus last year ordering on October 1st.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EpicInUtah

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I think in going to call around noon to a few retailers tomorrow and if they still have 10+ of the Plus 6s I want I will probably accept delivery and go exchange it. If I can't locate one here nearby I'll probably just reuse the delivery and go through the process with verizon. It's worth waiting to get the one I want for me at least.

abarzua21

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Wow! Verizon is really awesome. Tmobile would never go for that, if you ordered through shipping Tmobile would make you send it all the way back to send you a new one. At least verizon will let you switch it in the local store...

Posted via the iMore App on Note 5

blwatson

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I agree that your plan sounds like a massive migraine just waiting to happen. I would just go to Verizon and exchange the phone. You might have to wait, but at least you'll know it was taken care of properly and you won't incur any additional charges

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
You may have luck with a carrier store on a 64GB. Keep in mind that this can affect your upgrade eligibility so make sure you contact the carrier too so they know you refused the package and may need to get Apple and your Carrier on the phone together. I had to do that when I ordered from Amazon.com wireless store and didn't like the color and needed to get my account reset for an upgrade.

EpicInUtah

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Well the Verizon store here sold out quickly of the 6s Plus phones so I refused delivery of the 6s from FedEx. I contacted Verizon to activate the other Rose Gold 6s for my wife and mentioned refusing delivery and waiting until it was received to get my plus ordered. The rep confirmed the delivery had been refused and it was on it's way back and placed the order for me for my Plus then and there. Ship date is 10/12.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Yikes, neither choices seem good to me. The chance of getting a plus in stores is slim but waiting and waiting and waiting some more will not be fun.

Well the Verizon store here sold out quickly of the 6s Plus phones so I refused delivery of the 6s from FedEx. I contacted Verizon to activate the other Rose Gold 6s for my wife and mentioned refusing delivery and waiting until it was received to get my plus ordered. The rep confirmed the delivery had been refused and it was on it's way back and placed the order for me for my Plus then and there. Ship date is 10/12.

That's not too bad of a wait. You'll enjoy the plus more than likely, so it'll be worth it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2