Here's the reddit thread. Guy even provides a screen shot to prove he has access to the site. Doesn't provide one that shows 2GB because that sheet has his employee watermarks all over it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/apple/comme...ad_pro/cuwb6sz
    I'm sure this goes without saying, but Reddit, many times, should be taken with a very fine grain of salt, lol. Not to say this isn't likely to be true, just that reddit...lol...yeaaaahhhh.
    09-10-2015 10:58 AM
    With the ipad pro rumored at 4gb, 2 just isn't enough. I want more. I want it now. I'll wait til Nov and buy an ipad..lol
    4GB is overkill specially in tablets imo unless whatever specialty apps for the pro needs it but as it is now nothing on ios or Android for that matter needs 4GB. I can almost argue the same for 3GB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-10-2015 11:06 AM
    Now here's an very intelligent answer to why Apple does what it does:

Servicing RAM uses power. So more memory = more power consumption.
    Android apps using Java, recycle released memory using garbage collection.

Attachment 90986

What this diagram shows is that garbage collectors are really awesomely fast if you have a relative memory footprint of 4 or 8.
    In other words, you need four or eight times more memory, than you are actually using to be super efficient. But when the memory becomes constrained, that performance goes way down.
    This is why Android devices have all that RAM.
    iOS does not use this style of garbage collection and does not slow down in constrained memory environments.
    So 1GB for iOS results in more performance than 3GB for Android.

Thanks to Glyn Williams for helping Armchair Engineers understand their iOS devices a little more thoroughly ...

Yes Android does that and that's why it's different and why it "needs" more RAM but I think 2GB is fine for Android unless your slapping a skin like touchwiz on it. 2GB is fine for most phones imo. Even if they added 2GB in the 6 plus I think it could handle it in terms of battery life

09-10-2015 11:09 AM
    4GB is overkill specially in tablets imo unless whatever specialty apps for the pro needs it but as it is now nothing on ios or Android for that matter needs 4GB. I can almost argue the same for 3GB
    What?? You're arguing there's such a thing as too much RAM now?? Quelle surprise, pardon my French...
    cardfan, Elim, nikkisharif and 1 others like this.
    09-10-2015 11:10 AM
    I'm sure this goes without saying, but Reddit, many times, should be taken with a very fine grain of salt, lol. Not to say this isn't likely to be true, just that reddit...lol...yeaaaahhhh.
    Long live /u/FalconArrow and /u/MetsFan4ever in /r/SquaredCircle
    09-10-2015 11:16 AM
    What?? You're arguing there's such a thing as too much RAM now?? Quelle surprise, pardon my French...
    Because 4GB is just overkill even for Android. It's just becoming a spec to sell with Android with Samsung selling the Note 5 with 4GB of LP-DDR 4 ram which is better then the DDR3 ram in other phones. The thing is 75% of the people who buy smartphones probably can't tell you the difference nor feel the difference probably.

1GB is quite low because if the safari tab loading and etc and 2GB will fix those issues. Anything higher is just overkill

09-10-2015 11:16 AM
    Because 4GB is just overkill even for Android. It's just becoming a spec to sell with Android with Samsung selling the Note 5 with 4GB of LP-DDR 4 ram which is better then the DDR3 ram in other phones. The thing is 75% of the people who buy smartphones probably can't tell you the difference nor feel the difference probably.

1GB is quite low because if the safari tab loading and etc and 2GB will fix those issues. Anything higher is just overkill

iOS_Mane likes this.
    09-10-2015 11:23 AM
    Because it's true? I would love to take a poll and see how many people give me a legit reason for needing 4GB on a phone yet

09-10-2015 11:26 AM
    Because it's true? I would love to take a poll and see how many people give me a legit reason for needing 4GB on a phone yet

Man, you take stuff too personal here. Lol
    09-10-2015 11:29 AM
    The 2GB would be good for multiple safari pages and there are times when I use Fast APP Switching(?) that my phone just reboots.

It would also be good for running multiple apps simultaneously. Apparently, using the combo of Waze (or any GPS map app) and Music/Spotify and switching back between the two using the double click on the home button causes crashes after done a few times.

I've attributed it to the low working ram, but someone said it could also be a faulty controller in the 6S.

And we all know, MORE IS BETTER! ;-)
    09-10-2015 12:14 PM
    The 2GB would be good for multiple safari pages and there are times when I use Fast APP Switching(?) that my phone just reboots.

It would also be good for running multiple apps simultaneously. Apparently, using the combo of Waze (or any GPS map app) and Music/Spotify and switching back between the two using the double click on the home button causes crashes after done a few times.

I've attributed it to the low working ram, but someone said it could also be a faulty controller in the 6S.

And we all know, MORE IS BETTER! ;-)
    Not necessarily so. Extra RAM will affect battery life - so if it's not necessary, it could negatively affect the experience.
    kch50428 likes this.
    09-10-2015 12:40 PM
    There were no tech specs at the conference, we need to wait at least one more month to get the entire specs as ram, cpu clock, etc.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    09-10-2015 12:47 PM
    I watched the keynote. Unless they whispered it while I looked away for a second they absolutely did not mention the ram.
    09-10-2015 01:17 PM
    There were no tech specs at the conference, we need to wait at least one more month to get the entire specs as ram, cpu clock, etc.
    iFixIt will have a teardown and report on the specs within hours of the iPhone 6S/Plus being released on 09/25. That's just over 2 weeks from now.
    09-10-2015 02:17 PM
    I just took my turn at clearing the ongoing petty squabbles, and handed out a bunch of warnings. Site moderators have already asked nicely, I'm asking a little more firmly.
    [warn] Stay on topic, discuss the topic, do NOT discuss the other members posting in thread.[/warn]
    If this fails to have the desired effect we will try a more robust approach. A few high visibility bans and timeouts just before the weekend usually restores calm debate. And for those who think I won't... please feel free to test the limits of moderator patience, I'm sure your families will appreciate the extra time.
    09-10-2015 02:37 PM
    Current smartphone should have 2GB of RAM to better handle multitasking, Android hasn't gone to 3GB & 4GB for nothing they are keeping ahead of the bell curve on having dozens of apps running in the background without impacting system resources.

The iPad Pro looks promising and my wife can have my iPad Air 2 but given Adobe leaked then removed the comment about 4GB of RAM on the iPad Pro says alot. Its there but they weren't supposed to say it. It will need it given the screen, the abilit to run split screen graphic intensive apps. Solid offering and I look forward to it.

iPhone 6S Plus 128GB, two Apple TV's 64GB and the iPad Pro 128GB over the next 3 months along with the Moto X Pure Edition 64GB.
    Premium1, iOS_Mane and Wildo6882 like this.
    09-10-2015 09:02 PM
    I read somewhere it was 2 gb but I can't remember where lol
    09-10-2015 09:19 PM
    Expect it to be the same as the 6 or better...
    Rumored to be smaller batteries this time around, so doubtful it will be as good as the already meh iPhone 6/6+ battery.
    09-10-2015 09:22 PM
    They never mention battery or ram because they always are on the low end for both. They just talk about the CPU/GPU and the "x hours of battery life, that you will never see in real usage"
    09-10-2015 09:24 PM
    It's huge! LOL

I think if the Mini 4 has only 1GB RAM, I'll move to the iPad Air 2. It's a very solid device with good specs. It's got great reviews about eliminating reloads too. I've got a smaller Android tablet if i need something more portable anyways.

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk.
    the iPad mini 4 has 2 GB ram. its the EXACT specs from the ipad air 2 with a smaller display.

side note, 6S and 6S+ both have 2GB ram.
    09-10-2015 10:09 PM
    the iPad mini 4 has 2 GB ram. its the EXACT specs from the ipad air 2 with a smaller display.
    Except for the processor. The iPad Air 2 has the A8X and the iPad Mini 4 has the A8.

No 2GB ?-screen-shot-2015-09-10-7.16.09-pm.png
    The A8X has three cores clocked at 1.5 GHz, a more powerful GPU compared to the A8 and it contains 3 billion transistors. With the extra 100 MHz, it performs around 13% better on single threaded and 55% better on multithreaded operations than the A8 inside the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.

Further comparison to the A8 shows that the A8X uses a metal heat spreader, which the A8 does not, and it doesn't use the package on package configuration with included RAM which the A8 does. This is similar to how the older "X" variants, the A5X and A6X, were designed. Instead the A8X in the iPad Air 2 uses an external 2 GB RAM module.

In a first for Apple, the A8X is reported to have a semi-custom GPU. The A8X uses an 8-cluster GPU based on Imagination Technologies PowerVR Series 6XT architecture. Officially, the largest implementation of Rogue is a 6-cluster design, indicating that Apple has made customizations to the design in order to provide higher performance. This GPU is referred to as the GXA6850, with the "A" denoting the Apple customization.

side note, 6S and 6S+ both have 2GB ram.
    [citation needed]
    09-10-2015 10:21 PM
    Rumored to be smaller batteries this time around, so doubtful it will be as good as the already meh iPhone 6/6+ battery.
    You're one of the only people I have heard refer to the 6+ battery life as "meh"...most people find it above average to good.

They never mention battery or ram because they always are on the low end for both. They just talk about the CPU/GPU and the "x hours of battery life, that you will never see in real usage"
    That's one way to look at it...another way would be that they don't address it because in the real world, getting stuck on those numbers is silly when the device itself performs satisfactorily relevant to how the OS uses the hardware they choose to go with. Your comment assumes that the device doesn't perform well with the lower RAM or smaller battery...when that simply is not true at all.
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    09-10-2015 10:45 PM
    I found my 6 Plus to be average but no better than my Android phones and for Apple to reduce the mAh in the battery and rely on the improved 20nm SoC is not sufficient. Their rumored plans for an even thinner iPhone next year is a joke, consumers want a bigger battery not a thinner device that is already too thin. Yes it sells that isn't the issue, sometimes people but just because others are buying too. I am not saying the iPhone is horrible, but I am saying the focus on thin is akin to glamour magazines and the way we are supposed to see models. Thin isn't the end all be all.
    09-10-2015 11:04 PM
    I found my 6 Plus to be average but no better than my Android phones and for Apple to reduce the mAh in the battery and rely on the improved 20nm SoC is not sufficient. Their rumored plans for an even thinner iPhone next year is a joke, consumers want a bigger battery not a thinner device that is already too thin. Yes it sells that isn't the issue, sometimes people but just because others are buying too. I am not saying the iPhone is horrible, but I am saying the focus on thin is akin to glamour magazines and the way we are supposed to see models. Thin isn't the end all be all.
    Apple is making what consumers want. Again, like the RAM discussion...most people don't care about battery specs as long as they get a sufficient amount of battery life on a full charge under normal use (and that is what every smart phone on the market gives you right now). Beyond that, it is foolish to think the cosmetic appeal and the continued slimness of the device isn't a popular draw to the iPhone. I mean I get it, we like to nit pick these things to pieces on here...at the end of the day though, most people don't...the battery is sufficient, the thinness is attractive and the RAM is irrelevant because the iPhone works above and beyond what most consumers want and need.
    09-10-2015 11:12 PM
    Anyone who doesn't think that more RAM makes a difference in iOS should pick up an Air and an Air 2. There is a noticeable difference between the two and I for one hope that the 6S has 2GB or I'll most likely skip it this time around. I love Apple products but for them to not put 2GB of RAM into what is already a very expensive phone to me is cheating the customer a little bit.

On a side note I do think it has 2GB of RAM but the fact that it wasn't mentioned nor is it listed anywhere on their site does make me a little skeptical.
    Premium1 and jdhooghe like this.
    09-11-2015 07:40 AM
188 ... 23456 ...