Can't backup my phone to iCloud??

th3h0ff

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
I'm getting ready to purchase a 6s Plus and wanted to make sure my backups were current. However when I went to run a manual back up I get an error that says it failed? I have 42 of my 50gb available on iCloud so storage isn't the issue. Not sure how to get this to work, any ideas?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore

Make sure you have a strong Wifi signal and reboot your device first

If all else fails you can also do an iTunes backup of your device

th3h0ff

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
Thanks! I will try the keychain recommendation, I've tried a reboot, a network reboot and deleting my old I cloud backup (suggested in a few other post I've read) will report back

th3h0ff

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
So I did do an iTunes backup and verified it's there. The iCloud backup still fails. Oddly enough it shows that my backup is "stored" based on the iCloud color coded strange indicator but the iCloud Windows app and my phone show 0kb for a backup. Even though it appears the space is used. Any other suggestions?

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
So I did do an iTunes backup and verified it's there. The iCloud backup still fails. Oddly enough it shows that my backup is "stored" based on the iCloud color coded strange indicator but the iCloud Windows app and my phone show 0kb for a backup. Even though it appears the space is used. Any other suggestions?

I'd try to see if a genius can help at n Apple Store then. I've tried all the suggestions as well & the keychain thing is the only one that worked. I left the phone alone for 20-30 mins & let it do its thing. Maybe give it another shot, & let it sit there.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77