Why does the Weather App on my iPhone 6 showing the wrong time?

I

iMore Question

The weather app on my iphone6 shows the wrong time.

The actual time is 9:07 AM and the phone shows that time. The weather app show 2:00 PM. Sunset in Chicago will be at 11:07 PM tonight, wonderful.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Re: The weather app on my iphone6 shows the wrong time.

Go to settings and check the date/time options. If it is set to Automatic, then switch it to manual and adjust the time. If it is automatic then go to privacy settings for location and system services. Make sure the time zone location is enabled.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site

I think you are misreading it. The weather app does not give the time, you use the phone's time which you should see displayed at the top of the screen. The times on the weather app are for the events temps and conditions throughout the day, and yes the time that the sun rises and sets. :)

Zhaoying Tang

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issue with you```` it began from yesterday, and now the time in weather app is 8 pm, but it is 3.54 pm actually. I don't know what's wrong. My friends' iPhone all have this problem.

julieandtherain

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site

No, you misunderstand. The weather app is showing weather predictions for the next few hours, but four to five hours ahead of the current time. So while it's currently 5 p.m., the app indicates it's 9 p.m. and that the sun is going to set at 11:30 tonight. The time on my phone is correct, the location is correct, the app is wrong.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
takectrl