Any issues with the Otterbox Defender?

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I think most cases with the built-in screen protector are having issues with the new iPhones. The screen curves a bit on the edges. And Apple is making the phones paper thin! That's really made it difficult for the case makers. When I finally upgrade to the 6 or 6 Plus, I'll try the Otterbox Defender. If the screen is not flush, I'll have Otter send me another one. If that one is like the first, I may just push the built-in screen out, and put a different screen protector on. We'll see!

Sent from CrapaTalk on my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

This is what I did and installed a glass screen protector. Works great now!

Shanicenicolle

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I have the defender. The only thing that bothers me is that there's isn't a good fit on the plastic bit inside which results in trouble with pressing side buttons from time to time. Otherwise I love it.

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
The phone has some wiggle room in my defender case, but it's not that much of an issue. For the $30 I paid on Amazon, it's much better than any other case in that price range.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The phone has some wiggle room in my defender case, but it's not that much of an issue. For the $30 I paid on Amazon, it's much better than any other case in that price range.

Does the built-in screen lie flush enough to type and use touch?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Does the built-in screen lie flush enough to type and use touch?

It really does. I didn't have a single problem with it until I put on a new screen protector. As long as you don't put one on, it's great.

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
How do you get all lint off on inside protector. I had take front off to clean phone, got lint under built in protector I've use cloth to clean it over and over but cannot get all lint off. There is very little on it I'm just paranoid it'll scratch the screen is it something shouldnt worry about ? This new one got from samsclub has been very good to me and don't wanna ruin it by tAking front plate on and off. Again there is so very little lint. I'm thinking it's just paranoia since some slide there phones in and out of there pocket without a protector and pocket lint must effect that.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
How do you get all lint off on inside protector. I had take front off to clean phone, got lint under built in protector I've use cloth to clean it over and over but cannot get all lint off. There is very little on it I'm just paranoid it'll scratch the screen is it something shouldnt worry about ? This new one got from samsclub has been very good to me and don't wanna ruin it by tAking front plate on and off. Again there is so very little lint. I'm thinking it's just paranoia since some slide there phones in and out of there pocket without a protector and pocket lint must effect that.
Yeah! The newer Otterbox Defenders are made with a hole for the fingerprint scanner use. That does allow a bit more lint to get inside. My Wife's Defender is like that. I have the old style with my iP 5. It has a cover over the home button. I don't need to clean it but maybe once every 4 months. My Wife's needs cleaning once a month. But she doesn't put it in pockets.

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Should I be worried though the upper part feels like wiggles little if you press on it I'm assuming it's from wiggle room in shell just bought this one when I was in city kinda far out return it maybe should contact otter box see what they say

kansas city shuffle

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone had any issues with the rubber slip cover becoming loose over time?

I noticed on the older version they used silicone (that they would boil in water to shrink) instead of the rubber version we see now.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2