Hello everyone!

Just wanted to get some feedback. I had a Zagg Glass on my iPhone 5S and loved it. When I got my iPhone 6 I had to pick up one of their glass screen protectors (it was only $15 and I wanted something immediately on the screen). I hated the Verizon screen protector but knew it was only temporary while I waited for my Zagg. Now that the Zagg has arrived I kind of like the Verizon screen protector. Not sure if there's any real reason to switch them out. Is the quality of the Zagg better? Thinner? Just trying to see if anyone else has a similar situation.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    10-05-2014 08:48 PM
    The zagg is better quality, but if I were you and I liked the Verizon, I would return the zagg or save if incase the Verizon one breaks. The Verizon ones isn't terribly durable.
    iLive an iLife likes this.
    10-05-2014 08:55 PM
    The zagg is better quality, but if I were you and I liked the Verizon, I would return the zagg or save if incase the Verizon one breaks. The Verizon ones isn't terribly durable.
    Thanks for the input! I think I'm going to keep the Verizon screen protector one for another couple weeks and then upgrade to the Zagg.

Plus the fit of the Verizon one is a little off. It bubbles at the top because of the rounded edges.

E_Brown likes this.
    10-05-2014 08:58 PM
    Thanks for the input! I think I'm going to keep the Verizon screen protector one for another couple weeks and then upgrade to the Zagg.

Plus the fit of the Verizon one is a little off. It bubbles at the top because of the rounded edges.

The zagg may not be any different. It was like that for me when I tried the zagg. I also had one on my 5s and it was perfect, but tried the zagg glass and because of the curved screen it didn't stick around the perimeter...particularly the top and bottom. I've read other people say theirs is fine but I also talked to a guy at the AT&T store who said his was perfect...but when I looked at his phone it had the same areas at the top and bottom that weren't sticking. I guess some people have different perceptions of "perfect" lol

I ended up going with a traditional zagg hd and it's been perfectly fine for me.
    10-05-2014 09:35 PM
    The zagg may not be any different. It was like that for me when I tried the zagg. I also had one on my 5s and it was perfect, but tried the zagg glass and because of the curved screen it didn't stick around the perimeter...particularly the top and bottom. I've read other people say theirs is fine but I also talked to a guy at the AT&T store who said his was perfect...but when I looked at his phone it had the same areas at the top and bottom that weren't sticking. I guess some people have different perceptions of "perfect" lol

I ended up going with a traditional zagg hd and it's been perfectly fine for me.
    Hmmmm thanks for the input!! I'll give it a go in the next week or so (I'm actually in a wedding next weekend so maybe I'll switch it after that). I'll give the Zagg Glass a run for awhile and see that I think. I'm pretty sure I can get a replacement HD or HDX fit just the price of shipping from Zagg.

10-05-2014 09:38 PM
    Hmmmm thanks for the input!! I'll give it a go in the next week or so (I'm actually in a wedding next weekend so maybe I'll switch it after that). I'll give the Zagg Glass a run for awhile and see that I think. I'm pretty sure I can get a replacement HD or HDX fit just the price of shipping from Zagg.

I will say that depending on the color of your phone it won't be as noticeable should thee be a problem. Mine is space gray so of course it shoes every...little...detail lol
    10-05-2014 09:39 PM
    I will say that depending on the color of your phone it won't be as noticeable should thee be a problem. Mine is space gray so of course it shoes every...little...detail lol
    That never even crossed my mind. I have had black iPhones for the last 4 years (4, 4S, 5 & 5S). I finally took the plunge and got a white/silver this time around. It definitely hides the imperfections better than the black version. Not sure what I'll go for next year but I'm digging the white!!

10-05-2014 09:44 PM
    That never even crossed my mind. I have had black iPhones for the last 4 years (4, 4S, 5 & 5S). I finally took the plunge and got a white/silver this time around. It definitely hides the imperfections better than the black version. Not sure what I'll go for next year but I'm digging the white!!

I had a silver/white 5s with the zagg glass...got the space gray this time and sometimes I like it better but overall I'd rather have the silver/white version
    10-05-2014 09:47 PM
    I had a silver/white 5s with the zagg glass...got the space gray this time and sometimes I like it better but overall I'd rather have the silver/white version
    I almost took the plunge for white with my 5S and couldn't pull the trigger. I think I like it also better than the black. I also had a tough time with cases. I usually like a plain black case but the black phone with a black case is a lot of black. The white phone with a black case is a nice combo!

10-05-2014 09:53 PM

My Zagg Glass lays perfectly flat on my iPhone 6, so it is possible to do.

P.S. In the second picture, the upper right side looks a little funky, but it's just the reflection from the ceiling fan, not a bubble.

I do know what you're talking about when it doesn't lay flat on curved glass, though, because that's exactly what happened with my Galaxy S5.

iLive an iLife likes this.
    10-05-2014 09:53 PM
    Thanks for the pictures Jake! I don't think I realized the Zagg Glass has a U shape at the top. My Verizon glass is all one piece except for a cut out around the speaker.

10-05-2014 10:02 PM
    Thanks for the pictures Jake! I don't think I realized the Zagg Glass has a U shape at the top. My Verizon glass is all one piece except for a cut out around the speaker.

No problem!
    10-05-2014 10:07 PM
    Does the Verizon one actually cover the whole screen? Because the Zagg doesn't and it's absolutely disgusting that something that expensive leaves so much exposed.
    10-07-2014 04:16 PM
    It cover the actual screen. Not the bezel just the screen.
    10-07-2014 04:18 PM
    Does the Verizon one actually cover the whole screen? Because the Zagg doesn't and it's absolutely disgusting that something that expensive leaves so much exposed.
    There's s slight gap at the bottom of the screen. All that's open at the top is the speaker - the forward facing camera is covered by glass (which I'm not crazy about). The only really great thing about the Verizon SP is that it truly is anti-fingerprint. They either don't appear or are easily wiped away.

10-07-2014 06:21 PM
    I definitely agree with you. I understand that it's case friendly, but there's still too much of the screen exposed. Mine even has air bubbles in it now...after less than 3 weeks with the phone.
    Rjgjr#IM likes this.
    10-07-2014 06:33 PM
    I just peeled off my verizon one. It was getting air bubbles and dust started going under it. It would be a good protector overall if it covered more of the screen.
    10-07-2014 06:58 PM
    I just peeled off my verizon one. It was getting air bubbles and dust started going under it. It would be a good protector overall if it covered more of the screen.
    I just switched cases and there's a bunch of lint under mine too. I think I'm going to switch this out with my Zagg over the weekend.

10-07-2014 08:15 PM
    I still don't understand how people somehow expect these screen protectors to "cover more of the screen" when the edges of these screens are curved. Flat doesn't stick to curved...never has, never will.

I've read these statements countless times...here as well as in many reviews for various screen protectors on sites like Amazon for example. I had this same issue with the Galaxy s3...the curved edges caused the edges of the screen protector to not stick unless the screen protector was cut small enough so that in only lays on the FLAT part of the screen.

That's just how it is folks, I don't understand what you expect these companies to do ya know?
    dk2b likes this.
    10-07-2014 11:25 PM
    I'm using the ZAGG Glass on my space gray 6, and although it took FIVE installations to get it perfectly aligned so the edges of the glass didn't protrude over the curved bezel of the screen...I'm pretty happy with my first glass screen protector. With the curved screen, it is imperative the glass fits perfectly or the edges have nothing to adhere to & it looks funky.
    Rjgjr#IM likes this.
    10-08-2014 08:54 AM
    After reading in here with you guys raving about the glass protectors, I decided to give it a go.

So FWIW, after a few weeks of no SP at all, I decided to dress my teeny 5C up in the tempered glass protector offered by Verizon. IDK a if its cut differently than what they cut for the 6/6+, but I have to say I'm extremely impressed with it thus far. I just installed it this morning, lined up on the first shot - no bubbles or dust caught. What I immediately noticed is after literally sticking my fingers all over the screen many times to purposely try and leave prints...I can happily say that was a fail - which in turn is awesome !! I was using a Belkin TrueClear prior to taking that off a couple of weeks ago. I can honestly say I will never go back to a "plain" screen protector again. All glass for from now on😉😃

Also, the Verizon one does cover fully top to bottom, and seems to be beveled at the edges so it isn't a rough squared edge. I attached a couple of pics to show the detail. In the second full screen shot, those whitish marks you see along the top and a bit on the bottom are just reflection from the light in the room.
    Verizon Glass vs Zagg Glass Screen Protectors-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1412787055.353565.jpg
    Verizon Glass vs Zagg Glass Screen Protectors-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1412787080.180199.jpg
    10-08-2014 12:53 PM
    So I just decided to take off my Verizon Glass SP and install the Zagg Glass. I can't believe the difference! The Verizon one just feels cheap and poorly made. I honestly didn't think I was going to be able to tell a difference (and that the Zagg was a waste of money). Definitely not the case. Well worth the investment!!

After reading in here with you guys raving about the glass protectors, I decided to give it a go.

So FWIW, after a few weeks of no SP at all, I decided to dress my teeny 5C up in the tempered glass protector offered by Verizon. IDK a if its cut differently than what they cut for the 6/6+, but I have to say I'm extremely impressed with it thus far. I just installed it this morning, lined up on the first shot - no bubbles or dust caught. What I immediately noticed is after literally sticking my fingers all over the screen many times to purposely try and leave prints...I can happily say that was a fail - which in turn is awesome !! I was using a Belkin TrueClear prior to taking that off a couple of weeks ago. I can honestly say I will never go back to a "plain" screen protector again. All glass for from now on

Also, the Verizon one does cover fully top to bottom, and seems to be beveled at the edges so it isn't a rough squared edge. I attached a couple of pics to show the detail. In the second full screen shot, those whitish marks you see along the top and a bit on the bottom are just reflection from the light in the room.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1412787055.353565.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	597.8 KB 
ID:	67726
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1412787080.180199.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	614.3 KB 
ID:	67727
    Nice to see you around Pink

10-22-2014 10:12 PM
    So I just decided to take off my Verizon Glass SP and install the Zagg Glass. I can't believe the difference! The Verizon one just feels cheap and poorly made. I honestly didn't think I was going to be able to tell a difference (and that the Zagg was a waste of money). Definitely not the case. Well worth the investment!!

I'm thinking about doing the same thing. My fear is how do you actually line up the ZAGG perfectly? With the VZ one I started with getting the speaker cutout set exactly around the phone, then lined up the side before pressing down. With the ZAGG cutout how to you know the right height placement? Is it just below the speaker or right at the edge of it?
    10-23-2014 07:36 PM

Hey iLive, nice to see you too

So, really? You thought the VZW glass sp felt cheap....? I'm shocked lol. I've had it installed on my 5C since I posted about it here and I've been very happy with the feel and quality of it. Now, if your saying that it feels cheap, I can't imagine how the quality of the Zagg feels in comparison.

Perhaps next time around when this sp needs replacing I'll try out the Zagg glass !!
    10-24-2014 08:07 AM
    I'm thinking about doing the same thing. My fear is how do you actually line up the ZAGG perfectly? With the VZ one I started with getting the speaker cutout set exactly around the phone, then lined up the side before pressing down. With the ZAGG cutout how to you know the right height placement? Is it just below the speaker or right at the edge of it?
    Hey iLive, nice to see you too

So, really? You thought the VZW glass sp felt cheap....? I'm shocked lol. I've had it installed on my 5C since I posted about it here and I've been very happy with the feel and quality of it. Now, if your saying that it feels cheap, I can't imagine how the quality of the Zagg feels in comparison.

Perhaps next time around when this sp needs replacing I'll try out the Zagg glass !!
    So it did take me a few shots to get this screen protector on perfectly. Luckily it comes up fairly easy after you first install it (I think it takes a few minutes for everything to setup). I lined up the bottom around the home button then it sort of feel in line with the top opening. If I think about it, I'll try to post a picture tonight (I think I did a good job installing it haha).

As far as the feel. This screen protector is much much thinner, smooth and I think it's more responsive. I honestly thought the Verizon version was great until I installed this one. I highly recommend it!! Take the plunge!!

10-24-2014 09:29 AM
38 12