Not liking iOS8 so far...

BradM73

Sep 11, 2008
Visit site
So my iPhone 6 arrived, and overall it's fine. I like the camera features a LOT. Big upgrade from my 4S. Hate the protruding camera. What the heck was Apple thinking there?? (Steve is a tornado in his grave). Apple messed up on the camera for sure.

What's worse is that I've had one heck of a time with iCloud and iCloud mail set up. I get constant popups asking me for my iCloud password. A password which I've reset twice and it still won't accept. I think I may have finally gotten it to shut up, but it was driving me crazy all day.

I'm also not sold on the lackluster pastel icons that permeate the new OS. Keep in mind, I didn't use iOS 7 on my phone. Only on my iPad. It's a pretty jarring change, and I'm already wishing for the look of iOS 6.

As far as camera features, how do you change the time delay for time lapse? That's a pretty important feature to have.

Overall, I don't care much for the look of iOS 8. I definitely don't like the new Safari and how it shows the open pages. Bleh! This is the first iPhone I've owned that hasn't completely blown my socks off. :( At least not yet.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately the laws of physics demand that given current smartphone camera technology, a camera kit needs to be certain sizes for the light to properly focus on the sensor. You can see this in the Lumias for example. If you want a slimmer phone, and have a high quality camera, you need to make that sacrifice. There is no choice in the matter.

As for the iCloud popup, that happened to me today and I dismissed it and it hasn't come back. The biggest problem of iOS 8 for me so far is that the 3rd party keyboards do not always show but that is my case in particular.

As for the icons and the look of iOS now, well, again, that's how it is. I know you are entitled to your opinion on the matter and I know there are many like minded individuals who are not set on it. There was a lot of uproar when iOS 7 was introduced but again, it's been out for a year for things to calm down and for it to grow on people but I understand that for some, it will never grow on them. Personally, I like it and prefer it to the bland icons of Android but again, that's just me. Different strokes.

I can't help you with the Time-Lapse question. I've looked many places and didn't find any answers

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately the laws of physics demand that given current smartphone camera technology, a camera kit needs to be certain sizes for the light to properly focus on the sensor. You can see this in the Lumias for example. If you want a slimmer phone, and have a high quality camera, you need to make that sacrifice. There is no choice in the matter.

As for the iCloud popup, that happened to me today and I dismissed it and it hasn't come back. The biggest problem of iOS 8 for me so far is that the 3rd party keyboards do not always show but that is my case in particular.

As for the icons and the look of iOS now, well, again, that's how it is. I know you are entitled to your opinion on the matter and I know there are many like minded individuals who are not set on it. There was a lot of uproar when iOS 7 was introduced but again, it's been out for a year for things to calm down and for it to grow on people but I understand that for some, it will never grow on them. Personally, I like it and prefer it to the bland icons of Android but again, that's just me. Different strokes.

I can't help you with the Time-Lapse question. I've looked many places and didn't find any answers

Yup, last year everyone was in an uproar over the new cosmetics of iOS7...and those looks carried over to iOS8. My suggestion...just like how it panned out with many, if not most, users...try not to let the colors bother you, and you may start enjoying it. Or at least not noticing the new look.

Good luck, and I hope you start enjoying your 6 more in the future!

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I was one of those who didn't care for the look of iOS 7 before it was released. But I got used to it very quickly. Now I wouldn't go back to iOS 6 for anything. Give it some time. I hope you enjoy your new iPhone.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I was one of those who didn't care for the look of iOS 7 before it was released. But I got used to it very quickly. Now I wouldn't go back to iOS 6 for anything. Give it some time. I hope you enjoy your new iPhone.

I didn't like it at first but then I found myself starting to look more and more at pictures of iOS 7 :p

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

I was the same way. When I first saw it, I thought it was too girlie....for lack of a better word.

After using it, I feel that iOS 6 looks so outdated in many ways.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I didn't like it at first but then I found myself starting to look more and more at pictures of iOS 7 :p

I was the same way. When I first saw it, I thought it was too girlie....for lack of a better word.

After using it, I feel that iOS 6 looks so outdated in many ways.

While I liked iOS 7 from the beginning, there were certainly some areas that Apple needed to tweak. It has evolved into something that is quite nice, IMHO, but there was a real firestorm of hatred for iOS 7 last year. This year, the changes are more subtle, but there is still a faction of users who don’t like it. It will grow on you over time.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
iOS 7 and the 5s was the reason I switched from Android to iOS. I adapted to iOS 8 just fine. Also hate that protruding camera lens.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Larry Cook1

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I guess the saying "Different strokes for different folks" really hold true here. I came over from Android a few months ago and couldn't be more happy. IOS 8 is fantastic and the changes to the camera are the greatest. It is so much easier using the iphone than the Android I had. By the way I have the 5s and love it. Thanks.

Audizine

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

I understand your point. But I would have preferred to have a slightly thicker phone with a better battery than to have a protruding camera or a super thin phone. I think the 5/5S had a perfect thickness. Sometimes I hold my wife's (5S) phone and it actually feels good to hold, but the screen is so tinny... lol

mistabritt

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I agree with everyone else. Just give it some time and it will start to grow on you. I for one love the look and feel of iOS 8. But I understand and remember how lots of people were in uproar last year when Apple released iOS 7. And congrats on the iPhone 6, its an amazing phone.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't care for the look of ios 7/8 but got used to it. More annoyed with how buggy 8 has been.