Post any known issues of the iPhone 6 here!

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I had that happen once (and only once, so far at least) when switching between apps. In my case, it was when I pulled up the DataMan screen to check my LTE usage. Got the Apple logo screen as if the phone had rebooted, but it only came up for a couple of seconds.

Another odd issue I'm noticing though, is that my Notification Badges often don't clear even after I've checked the associated app. This particularly happens with Tapatalk -- I'll open the notification for new posts etc, and read all of them, but when I go back to the Forums tab or close out of the app, the badges are still there. Once I re-open the app and/or go back into a post, they clear. Sometimes this doesn't happen, but I'd say at least 60% of the time it does.

Similar behaviour from the Facebook app and occasionally WhatsApp. Perhaps, as they've not yet been updated for iOS 8/iPhone 6/6+, these issues will go away soon...

I've had that badge not clearing too! Exactly as you say and with the mail app where I will have two unread and I go and read them and the blue dot goes but when I return to the homescreen I still have the "2" badge displayed until I go into the mail app and back out again then it clears!

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
View attachment 67285View attachment 67286
Does this count as light leak?
Can only see it when in complete darkness and with brightness at max!
Doesn't bother me, will dust get in and ruin the screen?

I just tried the light leak and mine does it also! Not sure if it's the same as yours but it's more noticeable if you put it on full brightness and it's only if you tilt the phone and look up towards the screen. I wouldn't worry about it and it's clearly part of the design. I will check when I get my exchanged iPhone to see if that also does it but I presume it will so wouldn't worry mate.

TomsAndroid

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Does the stock keyboard seem a little laggy? It seems I'm typing faster than the keyboard can keep up with....

Smooth here too. Although I'm planning to use SwiftKey one even more of the bugs have been squashed and they introduce long press shortcuts over the keyboard (if they ever do). It's simply lacking from the Android version, aside from responsiveness.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Edmilan

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I dunno if it's just an iPhone 6 problem but sometimes when i pull down on the notifications, the reminders don't appear at all. Or the grey "reminders" heading appear with no actual reminders below it

Audizine

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
My messaging issue is happening again. People say they receive my iMessage from my email and not my phone number. WHY APPLE? :'(

Under messaging settings, make sure your number is checked under the send and received menu.
If your number is greyed out. Turn off and on the iMessage.
You need to do the same thing with your FaceTime.
Hope this helps

Audizine

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I've had that badge not clearing too! Exactly as you say and with the mail app where I will have two unread and I go and read them and the blue dot goes but when I return to the homescreen I still have the "2" badge displayed until I go into the mail app and back out again then it clears!

This happens to me also, but I think is because the mail app didn't refresh that I've read the email.
For me to get around this, I pull down my emails so it refreshes (You don't have to wait for it to refresh) then close the mail app. after a few seconds the badge should clear

Michael Zajdel

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Well I have my iPhone 6 Space Grey for two weeks. The only problem that I saw is that my Volume button up is like 1mm dented compering it to the Volume button down. I don't know maybe I'm being to obsessed about new device.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Well I have my iPhone 6 Space Grey for two weeks. The only problem that I saw is that my Volume button up is like 1mm dented compering it to the Volume button down. I don't know maybe I'm being to obsessed about new device.

No mine is the same! In fact I took my iPhone 6 to Apple on Friday to exchange for anthem wifi issue and when I put my case back on my new one the up button didn't work with case fitted. I then tried it on my old iPhone and it was ok so I asked for another and that also had a different up button so it's no you it's the iPhone's. There's inconsistencies with the buttons and how far they protrude which is why some ppl can't use some cases and others can. Swapping it will unlikely resolve it mate.

Michael Zajdel

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Ah ok cheers for the reply mate! Hmm so I think I will not exchange mine as it fits to all my cases including apple silicone case and spigen case and there is no problem with the unit whatsoever! Replacing it may bring more issues

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Ah ok cheers for the reply mate! Hmm so I think I will not exchange mine as it fits to all my cases including apple silicone case and spigen case and there is no problem with the unit whatsoever! Replacing it may bring more issues

Yeah exactly! I have the Spigen Neo Hybrid and on my old iphone 6 the buttons were great and the volume up was just ok and on the two new ones the volume up didn't work with the Spigen case and the power was really hard to use. I fixed it by folding s small price of masking tape and placing it on the underside of the case bumper and it's actually perfect now!

If you have similar issues with a case on just cut a 2cm piece of masking tape and fold it in half and stick the sticky side to the inside of the case button and surprisingly just the fraction of tape is enough to make the buttons click perfectly on the case! I've also ordered proper inserts from Spigen.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I've had this unread issue happening more and more today. If I have two or more unread messages (SMS/iMessage) I go in and read both of them and if I return to the home screen the badge indicator is still present showing the number of unread messages or if I back out to the messages list both messages still have the blue unread dot next to them! This happens in messages and email. In fact if I clear my call list it's really laggy and still shows either the calls or if I've backed out it will show the missed alert indicator for a second after I've hit clear. Obviously the messages issue is more important. I find myself going back into the messages a second time just to mark them as read!

Anyone else getting this on the iphone 6 or another iOS 8 device?

deedeebear

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I've had this unread issue happening more and more today. If I have two or more unread messages (SMS/iMessage) I go in and read both of them and if I return to the home screen the badge indicator is still present showing the number of unread messages or if I back out to the messages list both messages still have the blue unread dot next to them! This happens in messages and email. In fact if I clear my call list it's really laggy and still shows either the calls or if I've backed out it will show the missed alert indicator for a second after I've hit clear. Obviously the messages issue is more important. I find myself going back into the messages a second time just to mark them as read!

Anyone else getting this on the iphone 6 or another iOS 8 device?

I've actually been having this problem for a few days. Quite annoying I wonder why it's happening and it happens to iMessage and SMS and group iMessages. What you described us exactly what I've been experiencing.

precon22

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
Mine is have my calling problems where I'll be in a call and then the person is just gone they then tell me they were sent to voicemail while we were just talking

Michael Zajdel

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
image.jpg yeah so that's my 'issue' volume up is like 1mm lower than the volume down button. I don't know if you can see that but I tried to catch the issue:d

Btw after ios 8 ipad's air camera seemed to improve A LOT!