Post any known issues of the iPhone 6 here!

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
i'm having an issue when i receive a text message and the screen is off. it will play the first part of the notification sound and then it just cuts off. it does this for probably about 75% of messages i receive. now that i've finally upgraded to 8.0.2 i thought that would maybe help but the issue is still there. i recall this also happened on my 4S but that was every once in a while

Marcus Vasquez

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Can this be the YouTube app? When watching something on the app I hear popping noises on the speaker at highest volume. Is this normal?

I know if I take it back to RadioShack they won't replace for squat. Apple Store probably won't replace it either.

First iPhone owner.

TomsAndroid

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Can this be the YouTube app? When watching something on the app I hear popping noises on the speaker at highest volume. Is this normal?

I know if I take it back to RadioShack they won't replace for squat. Apple Store probably won't replace it either.

First iPhone owner.

Well...have you tried with any other audio source?? I'm sure Apple would replace it under warranty if it's a genuine problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nikito27

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1412440181.407630.jpgImageUploadedByiMore Forums1412440199.613225.jpg
Does this count as light leak?
Can only see it when in complete darkness and with brightness at max!
Doesn't bother me, will dust get in and ruin the screen?

Design_Guru

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Loving my 6 so far. At first hold and use it felt familiar for some reason. Then it hit me. Apple was very clever in the body design of this model. It's a total throw back to the original iPhone, just literally half as thick. And about 90% lighter. Seriously without a case it feels almost like holding a gram cracker. LOL

Anyhoo I had to post in here to let everyone know my one and only issue so far. I purchased my iPhone 6 on the Staurday of the release weekend. As of today I'm actually using my replacement which was 2 days ago on Wednesday. The reason for the replacement was a faint yellowing on the top of the screen. Not sure if anyone remembers there were a few iPhone 5's plaqued with this issue during the 5's first month. Here's the thing; this was a very difficult problem to even notice. I only did 'cause I do A LOT of email as the faint yellowing was more than obvious on a white screen. But video, the home screen or anything else it simply wasn't noticable. If you're thinking your screen may have an issue, just bring up either the notes app or your email app and hold your 6 in landscape mode. Pay attention to the side of the screen that would be the top in the vertical position. Mine had a small .5 inch "fade" along the entire section. Anyway, after meeting with a genius in the bar, it took him about 1.2 minutes to see it. Then he just said, "wow haven't seen this one yet". LOL

So I'm now on my brand BRAND new iPhone 6. Good thing I keep everything backed up in iTunes. (Not a cloud user)

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
You reckon I should go to Apple Store and see what they say? It really doesn't bother me, if dust won't get in and cause other problems

Mate I would def take that and get it swapped if nothing more than peace of mind. If later down the line other issues occur either connected or just present themselves due to the phone being poorly constructed then you will have a hard job replacing it without sending it away and all that jazz. In the first month they won't question it

When the 5 came out I was one of those who took mine back after about a week because it had scuff marks on the bezel. The replaced it without question but obviously wouldn't have been so willing further down the line. It might not be an issue for you but the fact that others don't do this means there's something different about yours and sooner or later you will likely notice more issues or even loose mute switch etc due to the source of the light leak or even moisture getting in if you are caught in the rain of the classic phone on the side in the bathroom during a shower.

PinteX

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys!

I have a new iPhone 6 4,7', and I noticed that makes this annoying noise when is shaked. Your also do? Is it normal? Should I replace the iPhone? Apple accepts this type of issue?

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I have the same phone mate and mine doesn't make a sound when shook so might be annoying more than anything. Apple will probably replace if you tell them you're not happy and others don't do this! I'd probably swap it but then I'm extremely fussy and things play on my mind once I notice them!

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I finally got my fast hard reboot happen on my iPhone 6...I guess these things will still happen from time to time, not often though...

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
The only issue I have with my iPhone 6 right now is that I am unable to put it down. My pocket computer addiction is out of control!

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I've just had a weird one...anyone have anything like this?

A couple of days ago I noticed my speaker volume for my calls and msg alerts was lower than I remember. I went in and put the ringer volume to 100% and it was still about 60% of the volume it should have been. I spent ages playing with the sound and even comparing my ipad mini side by side and just settled that I was confused and perhaps this was the norm. When I got it on day one I noticed the volume of the speaker was really loud and was really impressed hence me turning the volume down to 75% THEN today for another reason I turned the iphone off and then back on again and the volume was suddenly really loud again like it was on day one! I even had to turn the volume down from 100% which I'd increased it to so I could hear it properly! It's not slightly louder after the power cycle it's a lot louder!

I'm in the same room and no background noise so it's def not my mind playing tricks! odd.....

TekNinja81

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I finally got my fast hard reboot happen on my iPhone 6...I guess these things will still happen from time to time, not often though...

I had that happen once (and only once, so far at least) when switching between apps. In my case, it was when I pulled up the DataMan screen to check my LTE usage. Got the Apple logo screen as if the phone had rebooted, but it only came up for a couple of seconds.

Another odd issue I'm noticing though, is that my Notification Badges often don't clear even after I've checked the associated app. This particularly happens with Tapatalk -- I'll open the notification for new posts etc, and read all of them, but when I go back to the Forums tab or close out of the app, the badges are still there. Once I re-open the app and/or go back into a post, they clear. Sometimes this doesn't happen, but I'd say at least 60% of the time it does.

Similar behaviour from the Facebook app and occasionally WhatsApp. Perhaps, as they've not yet been updated for iOS 8/iPhone 6/6+, these issues will go away soon...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2