Just received shipping notice from Verizon iPhone 6 is on the way

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I sure hope mine doesn't deliver early. I'm only off Friday!

I think Apple has the delivery be held until the 19th, so it won't be delivered any time before that. That's what they are supposed to do, but occasionally there will be reports of a couple phones getting delivered before launch day.

Aaron Starr

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Do certain carriers use fedex and and others UPS or is it completely random? I am really hoping for Fedex. They usually deliver in my neighborhood late morning or early afternoon. UPS is usually between 7:00PM and 9:00PM.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No. All carriers use the top four parcel carriers to deliver their packages (UPS, FedEx, USPS, DHL) how they choose which company to use is different from each other. AT&T for example: Their main warehouse is in TX. if you live like 3-8 hours away from Texas they will probly send your device via USPS. That's how it was with S5 preorders. but others who lived 10 or more hours was giving UPS or FedEx, DHL, but since Apple seems to have control over shipping Im guessing it will be a FedEx or UPS

sc00bz

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Mine will be delivered Friday also. However, it will be delivered to work and I will be out of town with my offroad club from the 19th-21st and will then be off the following week as I will be moving/settling into my new house. So, I'll have to wait a week and a half to play with it because I won't be going by work 25 miles out of my way on my 10 days off to get a phone. Ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Apple can have all orders held toil Friday but there's no telling what your carrier might do. They could have an oversight and miss some packages because they have other things to deliver throughout the week too. So while it's possible to get the device a day earlier, it's not probable. The last device I preordered was the 5 and I got the same thing, expected to received the day before actual release. Well on that day my tracking was updated with a delivery exception with no real explanation and got it the next day. So the majority should expect this.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
check the tech websites on the 18th and I'm sure we'll see a few people getting them early by some mistake

Anthonyiamador

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Mine will be delivered Friday also. However, it will be delivered to work and I will be out of town with my offroad club from the 19th-21st and will then be off the following week as I will be moving/settling into my new house. So, I'll have to wait a week and a half to play with it because I won't be going by work 25 miles out of my way on my 10 days off to get a phone. Ha

Why not? I would if I were you. It's only 25 miles and you have 10 days off. You went through all the preorder mess but you don't want to take an hour out of one of those days to get it?

sc00bz

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I didn't go through any mess. Work ordered it for me. Haha

I may run and get it or see if a co-worker who lives relatively close will be kind enough to drop it off, but I have a few minor repairs to do on the house (some needed such as a very minor plumbing leak at an elbow joint and sturdier/insulated crawl space doors; some cosmetic that aren't to my taste such as one random crimson wall in the dining room) as well as moving/settling in. I have a feeling it will be a long tiresome week. Haha

Last edited:

sc00bz

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
That and I have a bit of car shopping to do also. My current daily driver is an older jeep TJ with 35" rubber which is most likely going to get retired from DD duty to project/play thing seeing as it generally gets trailered to our larger runs anyhow.

Breaking it and driving my beater while it goes under the knife is getting old.

Last edited:

JeffAces28

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Just got mine. Delivery date 9/19!

That and I have a bit of car shopping to do also. My current daily driver is an older jeep TJ with 35" rubber which is most likely going to get retired from DD duty to project/play thing seeing as it generally gets trailered to our larger runs anyhow.