qbnkelt,

I asked IT and they refused to get in a religious discussion with me. We are and small engineering company with a lot of young professional who are split in the middle. For some reason the relationship with there mobile is there primary relationship. All they would say was Motorola (Moto X) had the biggest issue with connectivity in the office, but a firmware update may have fixed it.

A.B.

That's too bad. They would have the best information.

Of wait I read the rest...... Nevermind....
    AB Lambert likes this.
    08-20-2014 02:12 PM
    If those are the choices . Black it is.
    08-20-2014 02:22 PM
    So your options are:
    - A phone that doesn't exist, or
    - A phone that might be anything between a $50 unbranded grey import to an HTC One M8.

To be honest, I don't think you're going to get any useful advice based on that. But for what it's worth, I'm very happy with my Moto G, and you can spend the huge amount of money you save over the iPhone on something more interesting like a short holiday or 100 books.
    08-20-2014 03:24 PM
    LOL! Since when is an iPhone a huge amount of money?
    08-20-2014 03:38 PM
    LOL! Since when is an iPhone a huge amount of money?
    You will learn very quickly who not to waste your time paying attention to around here. This would be a good start.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    08-20-2014 03:41 PM
    And so it begins.
    AB Lambert likes this.
    08-20-2014 07:59 PM
    Without clarifying what android you want, you're basically asking "should a buy an iPhone 6, or pick from 3000+ other choices?"
    08-20-2014 09:11 PM
    So your options are:
    - A phone that doesn't exist, or
    - A phone that might be anything between a $50 unbranded grey import to an HTC One M8.

To be honest, I don't think you're going to get any useful advice based on that. But for what it's worth, I'm very happy with my Moto G, and you can spend the huge amount of money you save over the iPhone on something more interesting like a short holiday or 100 books.
    Some are willing to pay for the best because they want to. Not all of us want the low end experience of the Moto G, even though it is a decent phone. It isn't worth it for some of us to spend like $200-300, we'd rather just pay a lot and have a really nice phone.
    08-20-2014 10:46 PM
    Some are willing to pay for the best because they want to. Not all of us want the low end experience of the Moto G, even though it is a decent phone. It isn't worth it for some of us to spend like $200-300, we'd rather just pay a lot and have a really nice phone.
    Man you couldn't pay me $300 to use a moto g, let alone buy one with my own money

Sent from my Death Note powered by iOS
    08-20-2014 11:21 PM
    Man you couldn't pay me $300 to use a moto g, let alone buy one with my own money

Sent from my Death Note powered by iOS
    Do not know about the G but i paid $400 for my Moto X and have no regrets. I now have a Nexus 7 tablet and really enjoy it.

My iPhone 5s and my iPad Air play quite nicely with my Androids as does my Mac. Maybe I am OS Agnostic. Lol

In any case the OP appears to have decided on the iPhone 6.

Good luck OP and I hope you enjoy iOS

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    08-21-2014 12:02 AM
    I think it depends on what kind experience you want. There are some people who really don't do a whole lot with their smartphones. I can see them thinking that the iPhone isn't worth the money. Then there are people who use their smartphones for everything and an awesome user experience is paramount. It is attractive to know that I can buy a Moto G, an Acer C720, and a Galaxy Tab 4 for less than the price of a 16GB iPhone 5S. So it really depends on what experience you are looking for and what you are willing to pay.

Sent from my iPad Air using iMore Forums
    08-21-2014 12:08 AM
    You said all you were getting at work was fanatical opinions and advice...but truthfully, that's all you're getting here too.

How a person could make a final decision on a device that isn't even on the market yet is pretty silly to me...you've got to try these phones out, get a feel for them at least on a basic level before properly putting your money towards something you'll really want.

My brother in law was a die hard Android device fan...he probably owned every major top tier Android based phone that was released since 2010. He never once tried the iPhone, and bought into the Android ecosystem based on what he had read online about the iPhone being a "simpleton" experience. He was the guy that called the iPhone a terrible, underdeveloped piece of trash...we had many debates over this, but I always just let him enjoy his choice.

Last year he bought the iPhone 5S to experience the other side so he would define his preference...and guess what? He was actually angry that he listened to the hype and tool this long to switch over...he now prefers the iPhone without hesitation, and said that had he known the experience was this good or better in the past (depending on your iOS 7 opinion), he would have switched years ago.

Just goes to show...don't buy something because other people tell you it's awesome. You might hate the iPhone experience, and running head first into the iPhone 6 without true user experience with the iPhone is just dumb in my opinion.
    08-21-2014 01:56 AM
    You will learn very quickly who not to waste your time paying attention to around here. This would be a good start.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    I'm not sure if that comment was aimed at me, but I certainly hope not as I was merely offering my opinion in a respectful and relevant way, while pointing out that the question was too open to be answerable.

I will defend the Moto G. For day to day use it's every bit as good as the iPhone 5C, and in some respects it's better (especially that large screen). Whether you think it's worth spending four times as much to get an Apple device, and whether that is a significant amount of money for you, is for you to decide.
    08-21-2014 02:44 AM
    definitely you should take iPhone
    08-21-2014 07:12 AM
    I'm not sure if that comment was aimed at me, but I certainly hope not as I was merely offering my opinion in a respectful and relevant way, while pointing out that the question was too open to be answerable.

I will defend the Moto G. For day to day use it's every bit as good as the iPhone 5C, and in some respects it's better (especially that large screen). Whether you think it's worth spending four times as much to get an Apple device, and whether that is a significant amount of money for you, is for you to decide.
    There's nothing worse than a troll that can't/won't own up to it.
    08-21-2014 10:57 AM
    There's nothing worse than a troll that can't/won't own up to it.
    Why do you think I am a troll? (Writing that is both disrespectful and against forum rules)
    The title of the thread is "should I get and iPhone 6 4.7” or an Android?" and my answer is absolutely relevant and reasonable.

BTW, I strongly agree with something you said in an earlier post:

How a person could make a final decision on a device that isn't even on the market yet is pretty silly to me...you've got to try these phones out, get a feel for them at least on a basic level before properly putting your money towards something you'll really want.
    08-21-2014 11:21 AM
    What you seem to be doing is more like try to annoy than contribute. SeanHRCC comment was more of a contribute category. If you read all the comments you will understand what the path of communication was and the background associated with it.
    08-21-2014 12:59 PM
    All,

I am trying to decide if I should get and iPhone 6 4.7” or an Android? Work has given me those 2 options. I have a Nokia Lumia Icon (“Which I love”), but they are in the process of venting those phones and will not be available till 2015.

At work I really get no facts just fanatical reasoning. I ask the same question on Android forms and I get mostly adolescent responses. The carrier sales individuals have no idea what they are selling

Thanks,

A.B.
    I would get what works for you and what you want. If you want IOS and an iPhone, wait for the iPhone 6. If you like a little bit more choice and many more options, there are lots of nice android phones out there as well. Plus if you are deeply invested in one ecosystem or another that can be a key deciding factor for you.
    AB Lambert likes this.
    08-21-2014 01:56 PM
    What you seem to be doing is more like try to annoy than contribute. SeanHRCC comment was more of a contribute category. If you read all the comments you will understand what the path of communication was and the background associated with it.
    I am quite envious of your ability to make up your mind without even seeing the device. I, on the other hand, have to play with one and even after that keep changing my mind.

The problem with today's devices is that they are all reasonably good, work as expected, and have their pluses and minuses. Its just a matter of what's important to the user.

Hope the i6 meets all your expectations.

08-21-2014 02:02 PM
    I am quite envious of your ability to make up your mind without even seeing the device. I, on the other hand, have to play with one and even after that keep changing my mind.

The problem with today's devices is that they are all reasonably good, work as expected, and have their pluses and minuses. Its just a matter of what's important to the user.

Hope the i6 meets all your expectations.

If you read I have research all possible specs. I actually did play with may different mobiles from the carrier to best-buy. From individuals who had the IOS 8 beta x updates to different mods provided by third party. Since it is a tool you also have to trust other individuals experience (good and bad). At one point you will have to take a leap and trust you have made a good choice. You only really get one shot and then you have to wait a while.
    08-21-2014 02:29 PM
    I don't really see the problem with making a decision on a device before you actually play with it. I have had so many devices over the years (especially smartphones) that I pretty much know which upcoming devices I would like and which I wouldn't like. I can tell you today, that if Apple comes out with a 5.5 inch phone, I am going to be all over it next year when I decide to retire my 5S. I don't need to have it in my hand to know that I will like it. Same goes with the Note series. I can tell you that I will most likely be fine with the Note 4 when it comes out if I chose to pick one up. I have had the previous three versions and all of them have been awesome. Same with Nexus devices. I have had all of them. Can't see myself not liking the Nexus 6.

Spencerdl and AB Lambert like this.
    08-21-2014 04:11 PM
    I don't really see the problem with making a decision on a device before you actually play with it. I have had so many devices over the years (especially smartphones) that I pretty much know which upcoming devices I would like and which I wouldn't like. I can tell you today, that if Apple comes out with a 5.5 inch phone, I am going to be all over it next year when I decide to retire my 5S. I don't need to have it in my hand to know that I will like it. Same goes with the Note series. I can tell you that I will most likely be fine with the Note 4 when it comes out if I chose to pick one up. I have had the previous three versions and all of them have been awesome. Same with Nexus devices. I have had all of them. Can't see myself not liking the Nexus 6.

To each their own, it doesn't work for me. Here is my latest adventure.

I have a 27" iMac, a 13" MBP, an iPad Air, and an iPhone 5s. So when a need developed for a smaller tablet that I would use during my travels, for reading books, emails, some web browsing etc, I naturally got the iPad Mini r.

I knew everything there was to know about, or so I thought including playing with my co worker's ipad Mini but it still didn't work out. I realized within a day of using it that it had all the expected disadvantages of a smaller tablet but wasn't small or light enough. It was too wide and too heavy to be held in one hand which is what I wanted. So I exchanged it for the Nexus 7 whose dimensions and zippiness are perfect for me.

By no way this means I am switching over to Android, all it means is that I can never buy or decide to buy a device without trying it out first Kudos to those who can and have no regrets.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    AB Lambert likes this.
    08-21-2014 05:40 PM
    To be honest, I think the problem is that I said something nice about an Android device. Although I think that was quite reasonable and certainly not 'trolling' on a thread entitled " should I get and iPhone 6 4.7” or an Android?" (sic).

You should buy whichever device you like the best, while taking into account price and other things you could spend the money on. My points are simply:
    - I still don't get how you can judge a device which hasn't yet been announced (to be clear, I am NOT saying the iPhone 6 won't be great).
    - That there are very good options available at a quarter of the price of an iPhone 5C if you prefer to save some money to spend on something more interesting. If you don't like the Moto G, check out what Huawei and even Nokia have to offer.
    08-21-2014 06:19 PM
    Has nothing to do with your preference of smart phone...it has to do with the fact that you signed up on an Apple product-centric community to make sure everyone knows it in as many possible ways as you can can away with. I call you a troll because you come here to negatively provoke people, while at the same time pretty much opposing every topic you heavily contribute in with your opinions on a product that the community isn't representative of.

Or, in more concise verbiage...I called you a troll because that is exactly what you're being.
    08-21-2014 07:13 PM
    Why do you think I am a troll? (Writing that is both disrespectful and against forum rules)
    The title of the thread is "should I get and iPhone 6 4.7 or an Android?" and my answer is absolutely relevant and reasonable.

BTW, I strongly agree with something you said in an earlier post:
    He never directly called you a troll. The hit dog barks first...
    AB Lambert likes this.
    08-21-2014 07:28 PM
103 1234 ...