Honestly, if the next iPhone is a stretched out 5S, with the mother of all bezel, it doesn't matter if every 6 in existence has a case on it. Unless of course you dig that style.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    Premium1 likes this.
    06-16-2014 08:06 PM
    One guy gave an opinion. You jumped him that a case solves the problem. If HE does not use a case, then a case doesn't solve sh*t. Hence no matter how many people use a case, it's irrelevant in your comment to him.

As far as majority....where are your numbers coming from? Your circle? I see many MANY people caseless every day. The forums have a sleuth of threads about going naked with the phones. It's a reality partner. Sorry the truth hurts...

Here's my numbers. Feel free to check my work. Every shopping mall has Kiosks that sell nothing but cases, nearly every store you can think of both online, and brick & mortar sells cases. Do you know why there are so many Manufactures and retailers selling cellphone cases? It's because people are buying them and putting their phones in them. A simple supply and demand, business 101 kind of thing. No matter whether it's the protection aspect, or the almost infinite ability to customize their cellphones, it has taken the saturation of cellphone cases to the point where it's quite surprising that anyone actually cares what their Black or White slab of glass initially looked like in the first place. As far as the "sleuth of forum threads" go ... what ... someone posts whether they should go without a case or not? Then a handful chime in that they hate cases, and don't use them. Then the majority post that the OP should get a case and what their favorite one is ... every single time. Mob rules, it's a reality partner ...
    Amazon.com: iphone cases
    Cell Phone Cases & Clips - Best Buy
    https://www.google.com/#q=iphone+cases
    iphone cases | eBay
    06-17-2014 09:55 AM
    Here's my numbers. Feel free to check my work. Every shopping mall has Kiosks that sell nothing but cases, nearly every store you can think of both online, and brick & mortar sells cases. Do you know why there are so many Manufactures and retailers selling cellphone cases? It's because people are buying them and putting their phones in them. A simple supply and demand, business 101 kind of thing. No matter whether it's the protection aspect, or the almost infinite ability to customize their cellphones, it has taken the saturation of cellphone cases to the point where it's quite surprising that anyone actually cares what their Black or White slab of glass initially looked like in the first place. As far as the "sleuth of forum threads" go ... what ... someone posts whether they should go without a case or not? Then a handful chime in that they hate cases, and don't use them. Then the majority post that the OP should get a case and what their favorite one is ... every single time. Mob rules, it's a reality partner ...
    Amazon.com: iphone cases
    Cell Phone Cases & Clips - Best Buy
    https://www.google.com/#q=iphone+cases
    iphone cases | eBay
    Lol 👏👏👏

Beyond Fire and fatfury like this.
    06-17-2014 10:28 AM
    I'm not getting all the "stretched out" comments. The aspect ratio won't change as it did from the iphone 4S to 5. A bigger screen iphone 6 means more width and height.

As for how the back looks, save it for the actual release. Apple isn't stupid. Most do use cases though so it is interesting how so many obsess about something they'll cover up. I'm liking the rounded edges moreso. I need a case on the 5S because frankly it sucks to use without one. JMO though but my phone is my main book reader. But I would like to lose the case with the iphone 6.
    06-17-2014 11:30 AM
    I'm not getting all the "stretched out" comments. The aspect ratio won't change as it did from the iphone 4S to 5. A bigger screen iphone 6 means more width and height.

As for how the back looks, save it for the actual release. Apple isn't stupid. Most do use cases though so it is interesting how so many obsess about something they'll cover up. I'm liking the rounded edges moreso. I need a case on the 5S because frankly it sucks to use without one. JMO though but my phone is my main book reader. But I would like to lose the case with the iphone 6.
    The prelim specs have the height growing by double the width (6mm x 3mm). So maybe stretched isn't the best adjective. But it appears they're taking an already tall and narrow device and making it even taller than it is wider.

ladyc0524 likes this.
    06-17-2014 11:38 AM
    Just so you know, you would not fall in the "most" category ...
    I see plenty of iPhones out in the wild without a case on it. So it is not "most" that use a case on their device.
    06-17-2014 07:46 PM
    Then they have serious taste issues, because clear cases are hideous in their own right.

There are far worse cases than clear cases, so taste is the least of worries with clear cases.
    06-17-2014 07:51 PM
    I see plenty of iPhones out in the wild without a case on it. So it is not "most" that use a case on their device.
    Idk I work with the public on a daily basis. I would say the ratio is easily 10 to 1 if not greater....

fatfury likes this.
    06-17-2014 08:09 PM
    Idk I work with the public on a daily basis. I would say the ratio is easily 10 to 1 if not greater....

I also work with the public and id say for every iPhone with a case I see 2 without. Guess it all depends where you're at

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-17-2014 08:10 PM
    There are far worse cases than clear cases, so taste is the least of worries with clear cases.
    Yikes! If you believe that to be true, then I have some black velvet paintings of Dogs Playing Poker for you.

fatfury likes this.
    06-17-2014 08:28 PM
    Yikes! If you believe that to be true, then I have some black velvet paintings of Dogs Playing Poker for you.

My bad I forgot you are the know all, be all and speak for everyone. How foolish of me to think there is actually differing people and opinions... /s

06-17-2014 08:30 PM
    I also work with the public and id say for every iPhone with a case I see 2 without. Guess it all depends where you're at

Right, you're pegging the BS meter ...

fatfury likes this.
    06-17-2014 08:30 PM
    Right, you're pegging the BS meter ...

Next time I'll snap some pics for you. But once again you speak for everyone and everywhere so not gonna waste my time with you.

06-17-2014 08:32 PM
    Next time I'll snap some pics for you. But once again you speak for everyone and everywhere so not gonna waste my time with you.

I never said I speak for everyone ... Just "most".

06-17-2014 08:38 PM
    I never said I speak for everyone ... Just "most".

"Most" *near you* yet anytime anyone else says different you jump in claiming they can't be right because of your "most"

06-17-2014 08:43 PM
    "Most" *near you* yet anytime anyone else says different you jump in claiming they can't be right because of your "most"

I thought you weren't going to waste your time with me? Hmmm
    Oh, and I don't see Seattle being the cellphone case capital of the world either ...

06-17-2014 08:48 PM
    I thought you weren't going to waste your time with me? Hmmm
    Oh, and I don't see Seattle being the cellphone case capital of the world either ...

Who is from Seattle? Lol and where did I ever claim that my area was cell phone case capital? The more you post, the more foolish you make yourself look. If you're going to put words in my mouth at least know what you're talking about...

06-17-2014 09:27 PM
    Who is from Seattle? Lol and where did I ever claim that my area was cell phone case capital? The more you post, the more foolish you make yourself look. If you're going to put words in my mouth at least know what you're talking about...

For someone who wasn't going waste their time on me, You sure seem to be sticking around. If you're not from Seattle then I must be the one from Seattle. I'm sure I was referencing that Seattle was no different than anyplace else in the country as far as cellphone case usage goes. As for someone looking foolish ... Well, I didn't really put any words in your mouth, and I'm fairly confident that I know what I'm talking about ... Soooo ... Yeah ...

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums
    06-17-2014 11:10 PM
    Well I don't know who everyone is talking to but I live in the cellphone case capital of the world. You're not even aloud in my town if you don't have a case on your phone. We have a check point set up.
    Beyond Fire and Premium1 like this.
    06-17-2014 11:41 PM
    Here's a nifty comparison between the 5.5", 4.7" and other phones. The 5.5" looks just a bit too big for me, as well as too expensive.

Sent from from my iPhone 5
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    06-18-2014 12:34 AM
    Here's a nifty comparison between the 5.5", 4.7" and other phones. The 5.5" looks just a bit too big for me, as well as too expensive.

Sent from from my iPhone 5
    Damn. If those prove to be accurate I might have to pass on the 5.5" and that's the version I was excited for. The bezels are ridiculous. I get the bottom due to the home button but the top? Wish they'd quit worrying so much about how thin they can make a phone. With the billions of dollars they have laying around and the staff that they do, I'm just perplexed how this is the best they can come up with.

Spencerdl likes this.
    06-18-2014 07:07 AM
    Damn. If those prove to be accurate I might have to pass on the 5.5" and that's the version I was excited for. The bezels are ridiculous. I get the bottom due to the home button but the top? Wish they'd quit worrying so much about how thin they can make a phone. With the billions of dollars they have laying around and the staff that they do, I'm just perplexed how this is the best they can come up with.

Agree not sure why apple of all people can't cut down on the bezels. It seems as the phones get larger so do their bezels in apples case. Maybe they should take some cues from lg and their super small bezels

06-18-2014 08:55 AM

I agree. Dare I say it, but Apple should have taken a page from the Samsung Galaxy Note3 book concerning the top bezel....It's way to BIG, especially for a 5.5 inch device(screen). My 5s is my portable device as where my Note3 is more like my tablet (phablet) ....I guess what I'm trying to say is between the 4.7 and 5.5 iPhone 6, I will probably be going with the 4.7 iPhone 6. I do like the idea that Apple didn't just make the device longer, but wider as well.....I like that.
    06-18-2014 09:54 AM
    Agree not sure why apple of all people can't cut down on the bezels. It seems as the phones get larger so do their bezels in apples case. Maybe they should take some cues from lg and their super small bezels

I agree. Dare I say it, but Apple should have taken a page from the Samsung Galaxy Note3 book concerning the top bezel....It's way to BIG, especially for a 5.5 inch device(screen). My 5s is my portable device as where my Note3 is more like my tablet (phablet) ....I guess what I'm trying to say is between the 4.7 and 5.5 iPhone 6, I will probably be going with the 4.7 iPhone 6. I do like the idea that Apple didn't just make the device longer, but wider as well.....I like that.
    I certainly agree with the both of you. Seems to me, based purely on what we have seen via rumors, that Apple perhaps is just not ready for the phablet market. It almost seems like a rushed attempt, despite the fact that we are coming up on the 4th generation of the Note series.

At this point I would prefer that if Apple were to release two sizes simultaneously, that they would stick to the current 4" size in addition to the 4.7". There are quite a few souls who are very happy with the one-handed ease and pocketability of the 4" device. And if they kept the specs the same on the 4" as the 4.7" (aside from size)....they would offer one of the only premium handsets at that size-point. The 4.7" would then serve to meet the needs of those clamoring for a larger screen (5" would have been my sweet spot but you'll have that).

Oh well, as always, time will tell once Cook walks out on stage.
    Premium1 and Spencerdl like this.
    06-18-2014 10:24 AM
    Keep in mind here, everyone will have their own opinion. It doesn't mean anyone here is right or wrong. You just don't see eye to eye.

Agree to disagree and coexist!

And, I finally got comfortable with a 4" screen. I've got a Note 3 I use only as a tablet. I'll be very discouraged if my only options are bigger and significantly bigger.

Sent from a larger than life device using Tapatalk!
    06-18-2014 12:13 PM
104 1234 ...