Have a secret second iPhone? Here's how to turn off Emergency Alerts to keep it safe and private

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Why single out “those in bad home environments” or “those with anxiety”?

Why not add “Are you being unfaithful to your partner and have a secret iPhone?”.

Or just change the title to “Want to disable emergency alerts?”

The integrity of these writers has severely gone downhill.

Maybe I’m just old and it’s a generational thing.

But holy folks!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

Why not add “Are you being unfaithful to your partner and have a secret iPhone?”.

But holy folks!
I agree 100%! Just reading the title turned me off from reading the article. It's just smarmy! :sick:

Gerald Lynch

Editor in Chief at iMore
Staff member
Jun 6, 2022
www.imore.com

But holy folks!
I appreciate how this article could be read that way, but the intent here was GENUINELY not around cover for adultery. There's lots of talk (at least in the UK where me and James are based) around the importance of those in difficult domestic situations (say, with a violent or controlling spouse), where second, secret handsets are a lifeline to the outside world. Yes, it just so happens that people may also have one for cheating purposes, but our intent here (perhaps naively) was with positive support in mind.

Reactions: Annie_M and EdwinG

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I appreciate how this article could be read that way, but the intent here was GENUINELY not around cover for adultery. There's lots of talk (at least in the UK where me and James are based) around the importance of those in difficult domestic situations (say, with a violent or controlling spouse), where second, secret handsets are a lifeline to the outside world. Yes, it just so happens that people may also have one for cheating purposes, but our intent here (perhaps naively) was with positive support in mind.
👋Thanks for joining in the conversation and offering feedback! I agree 100% about the importance of those in abusive domestic situations who desperately need a lifeline to the outside world. This is a good reminder to consider all sides of an issue. This puts me in mind of AirTags and how they've gotten negative feedback since they arrived on the market. Just because something "good" can be used by "bad guys for something bad" doesn't mean that they should be removed from the marketplace.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77