Why is the power button directly across from the volume buttons ?????

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
On my 6, 6+, 6s+ and 6s why is the power button directly across from the volume rockers ?
Am I the only person accidentally hitting my volume rockers when hitting the power button and visa versa.
On my Note 5 and Galaxy phones the power button is lower on the side so your not accidentally hitting the volume rockers when hitting the power button.
How come Apple has to make the volume rockers and power button directly across from each other at the same location on each side of the iphone ?
Just seems like a stupid design flaw, is Apple aware of this ?

Cheers
Davyo

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm quite sure Apple is aware of it and, if I've learned anything about Apple over the years, there is a reason behind everything they do. Perhaps the power button would have interfered with the camera sensor so they moved it.
It took me a little while to get used to the button placement but since then it hasn't bothered me. I rarely hit the volume buttons on accident.

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I concur, they had to make the phone thinner and the camera better, so they moved it to a less obstructive location.

Not sure what the current placement of the power button would have to do with the camera or making the phone thinner.
It would seem like no big deal at all to simply place the power button a bit lower so it's not directly across from the volume rockers.
I'm more inclined to think it's just an Apple design flaw,,, perhaps Apple will lower the power button in 1 or 2 more years like Samsung already did a few years ago.
Cheers
Davyo

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lingtingzhiyin988