How to set up a Genius Bar appointment

missy8787

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
Sry to ask such a dumb question first time I have ever had to make one and this is y. I went from sprint to Verizon and got a new iPhone 6 plus ( had a 6 plus with sprint too ) last week and for some reason the sound stopped working a few days after I got the phone and so i did a hard reset which helped but then it did it again yesterday and also ended up not having sound on phone calls either. Then again the Verizon tech did what I did a hard reset and it worked again. Now I have protection plan through Verizon and said since this has happened twice now where I have to reset my phone for it to work properly if i could get a replacement and he said I should go to apple and they will give me a new device. But I don't have apple care would I have to pay for a new device? Sry in advance if this has been asked before.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
If you don't have AppleCare+ and have some kind of Assurion coverage via Verizon - you can/should use that... If you bought your phone less than 1 year ago, it's still under Apple's standard warranty. To make a GeniusBar appointment - call the store you want to visit, or Apple's toll free customer service number... or - use the Apple Store app on your phone... in the App, tap 'Stores' at the bottom...then Genius Bar... Make a Reservation...

missy8787

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the response I'm leasing the phone through Verizon's edge plan and it's definitely less then a year of me having the phone. Idk y but the Verizon tech just kept insisting I go to apple about the issue even though I have insurance through them maybe I will give Verizon one more try before I go to apple. Could it be a hardware issue with the phone?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the response I'm leasing the phone through Verizon's edge plan and it's definitely less then a year of me having the phone. Idk y but the Verizon tech just kept insisting I go to apple about the issue even though I have insurance through them maybe I will give Verizon one more try before I go to apple. Could it be a hardware issue with the phone?

He's saying use Apple's 1 year warranty first. It covers manufacturer defects. If it goes beyond that, then the other insurance kicks in. That's how the rep is looking at it. If you go back to Verizon, try a different rep.