If you owned prior iPhones, where would you rate the 6+ in terms of performance/reliability?

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
First, let me say that my experience is not the norm for everyone. Just me.

I honestly would have to put the 6+ last. I am not sure if its the hardware or software or a combination.

While I still enjoy using the device along with iOS apps and services, I cant remember having a more buggy device... and I have owned and used every iPhone since the start.

My chief issues are, random restarts, getting stuck in landscape mode and slide to answer not working at times.

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Well I have owned ever iPhone that has been released and I must say the iPhone 5s was the best to me. Don't get me wrong I love my 6+ also but the 5s was a perfect device to me.

Sent from the great iPhone 6+

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm the opposite. I rank the iPhone 6 Plus at the top of the list, especially in regard to power and speed. Now in regard to the iOS version, I'm one of the ones who really haven't had any complaints. Granted, I rank iOS 6 as arguably the most stable iOS version I've used, but as I've stated above, I haven't really had any issues regarding the later versions of iOS, and I'm really liking iOS 9.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well I have owned ever iPhone that has been released and I must say the iPhone 5s was the best to me. Don't get me wrong I love my 6+ also but the 5s was a perfect device to me.

Sent from the great iPhone 6+

I have to agree that the iPhone 5S is definitely up there. It's #2 on my list...:)

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
1a - 6 Plus
1b - 5S
1c - 5
1d - 4S
1e - 4
1f - 3GS
1g - 3G

They have all been equally as reliable as the other. Performance-wise, too.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I'd have to rate the iPhone 6 Plus at the top of the list. As much as I was against the big screen, now that I have one, I could not go back to even a 4" screen. Forget the 3.5" screen. The battery life is phenomenal - I can easily go 2 full days on a charge - probably more now that I have my Watch.

I love the design of both the 3G/3GS and the iPhone 6/6 Plus. I never was a big fan of the squared edges of the iPhone 4/4S/5/5S - those phones are great to look at, but hard to hold/use with the squared edges.

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Each new iPhone is better than the last to me...even putting personal preferences and opinions aside, I think it's kind of a given that the newest variant is going to perform better than the last because there is always a performance bump of some sort with each new iPhone.

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I only had the 4 and the 6 Plus. I would rate them close to equal. Off the top of my had, the only concern that I've had that falls within the way that iOS is supposed to perform is compatibility/usability with third party keyboards on the 6 Plus. Of course, this was not an issue on the 4. My 4 performed best with the OS version out of the box (should have been iOS 4.0, since I got it close to launch). Later updates didn't work as well, which has lead me not to update my 6 Plus.

AlexJ92

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I have owned every iPhone since the original and they only keep getting better.. I had one problem when I had the iPhone 3G which would not hold a charge, I took it to Apple who swapped my 8gb model to a 16gb model at no extra cost! :) I was a very happy customer!

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I've owned the 6 plus , 4 and 3GS and I would rate them in those order. The older phones are small and would never go back to them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

urstrulyvenks

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Being a prior user of 3GS, 5 & 5S ...... I would rate 6+ on top of every other iPhone manufactured. Its performance is unbeatable & (being a photographer) would say there are no other camera which would compete with this beast. Loving my ip6+ and will be with it for sometime now....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I've only owned two iPhones, the 5s and now the 6Plus. I still like the design of the 5s better, but overall I like my 6Plus better, especially the screen real estate.

co4nd

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Well I carried a 3GS for 3 + years, still working as a backup, replaced it with an iPhone 6 the day they came out (its a 6 not a 6+). The 6 is by far superior in every possibly way. My wife has had a 3GS, 4, then a 6+ (since December) She thinks the 6+ is the best electronic device she's ever owned.

We have had no problems with either of our phones.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
If you owned prior iPhones, where would you rate the 6+ in terms of performan...

This 6+ seems better than all the iPhone's I've had in terms of performance. I also love that the screen size is really pleasant for me. I must admit I'm more concerned about its durability than any of my other iPhones but so far my careful treatment of it has paid off. It's still flawless.

Sent from Elegance

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2