Is this a good trade?

St3ib

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I was offered a trade for my 64 gig iPhone six in return I would get a 64 gig iPhone 6 Plus that has a cracked screen.due to Verizon edge, I only paid 200 for my phone. Now I will have to invest another 150 to fix the screen on the 6+. Think this is a good trade?

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: Trade a 6 for a 6 plus

I don't think so either. Unless you want that additional screen size.

53N7 9R0M M4 i6+

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It would be a good trade if the participant you're trading with gets the screen fixed first, in my opinion.

chrisforpm

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
If your phone is in good shape I'm sure you could find someone who has a similar condition 6+ and wants to trade. You could sweeten the deal and offer to pay an extra $50-$75 to offset the cost difference between the 6 and 6+. Still cheaper than replacing a cracked screen.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It's not a great deal...but aside from that, isn't the Verizon Edge program similar to AT&T Next? From what I understand, if you decide to upgrade when the next model comes out on that program, you have to give the device you bought via the program BACK when you upgrade...so if you trade for that 6 Plus, you won't be able to upgrade again for the Edge cost until you pay off the phone's monthly incremental payments after 2 years (or whatever the time frame is you signed up for).

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I was offered a trade for my 64 gig iPhone six in return I would get a 64 gig iPhone 6 Plus that has a cracked screen.due to Verizon edge, I only paid 200 for my phone. Now I will have to invest another 150 to fix the screen on the 6+. Think this is a good trade?

No, I would not trade an intact phone for one with a cracked screen that I'd have to fix. What if it's not only the screen that is damaged?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

I would say since you have to replace the screen no, because yes it isn't a large amount you would have to spend to replace the screen, but I think they should throw some $$ in since with a cracked screen, the iPhone 6 would probably have a little higher resale value.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
It's not a great deal...but aside from that, isn't the Verizon Edge program similar to AT&T Next? From what I understand, if you decide to upgrade when the next model comes out on that program, you have to give the device you bought via the program BACK when you upgrade...so if you trade for that 6 Plus, you won't be able to upgrade again for the Edge cost until you pay off the phone's monthly incremental payments after 2 years (or whatever the time frame is you signed up for).
verizon just changed that you don't have to return the device once it is fully paid off. And they make it so you can't upgrade early anymore.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
verizon just changed that you don't have to return the device once it is fully paid off. And they make it so you can't upgrade early anymore.

Well I kind of figured once it was paid off you wouldn't have to return it...the NEXT program only makes you return it if you do a yearly upgrade before the original device is paid off.

I guess I'm curious what the point of the program is if it does't allow you to upgrade each year?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Well I kind of figured once it was paid off you wouldn't have to return it...the NEXT program only makes you return it if you do a yearly upgrade before the original device is paid off.

I guess I'm curious what the point of the program is if it does't allow you to upgrade each year?

Just to get consumers off subsidies is all. Benefits nobody except the carriers.

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Just to get consumers off subsidies is all. Benefits nobody except the carriers.

I guess maybe the Edge program is different than NEXT...while I always felt the program was self service for AT&T, at least it allows for early upgrades as long as the consumer is paying the monthly payment for the device.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

I am on the Verizon website right now. You can upgrade as soon as you pay off 100% of your phone. You don't trade in your phone. So if you pay off your phone in 6 months you can go get a new phone. There would no point in doing the edge plan if you could not upgrade early after paying off the phone.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I am on the Verizon website right now. You can upgrade as soon as you pay off 100% of your phone. You don't trade in your phone. So if you pay off your phone in 6 months you can go get a new phone. There would no point in doing the edge plan if you could not upgrade early after paying off the phone.

That's what I said. Before you could upgrade after X months even if the phone wasn't paid off. Not the case anymore. Of course when it's paid off you can upgrade anytime.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
That's what I said. Before you could upgrade after X months even if the phone wasn't paid off. Not the case anymore. Of course when it's paid off you can upgrade anytime.

My bad. I misread your post. I thought it read that you can't upgrade even after you pay off the phone.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
My bad. I misread your post. I thought it read that you can't upgrade even after you pay off the phone.

Yeah that would make no sense if that was the case. But with Verizon, it wouldn't surprise me lol.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah that would make no sense if that was the case. But with Verizon, it wouldn't surprise me lol.

Lol. So true. I love the fact that I get service everywhere I go but they test me sometimes with their logic or lack of logic.

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Don't trade cuz to fix the iphone plus screen would cost more than $100. Even if you get screen replaced, it doesn't mean they're original screen.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77