Regarding AppleCare, are replacement devices new or refurbished?

Jesus Pantaleon

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
So when you get your phone replaced...like the newer phones, iPhone 6 and the plus, do they give you new devices? like completely new or is it refurbished?

Hansana

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Applecare Question

So when you get your phone replaced...like the newer phones, iPhone 6 and the plus, do they give you new devices? like completely new or is it refurbished?

Refurbished. But pretty much brand new. You won't get any defective items. And you won't find any difference between a brand new and a refurbished. Refurbished phones are sometimes even better to have because they go through extensive testing before they are given to you. So you get a issues free phone :)

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk for 

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

The refurbs are quality tested better than the new ones...and they are pretty much 90% new components (everything you see visually IS new). At the end of the day, this should not be a concern for anyone getting a replacement device from Apple.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Got a replacement a few weeks ago with Apple and I swear this refurbished unit performs better than my original new one. Especially the background app running. I've had far less and less app reboots.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site

It seems like the replacement I got has a better screen than my original. No light bleed at the top. I think it was called light bleed, it was all shadowy and discolored at the very top. I ignored it because it had a lot less issues than the first two I'd bought. This one really does seem perfect.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

I’ve never had to have an iPhone or iPad replaced, yet, but this is great news to hear . . . just in case.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Applecare Question

It seems like the replacement I got has a better screen than my original. No light bleed at the top. I think it was called light bleed, it was all shadowy and discolored at the very top. I ignored it because it had a lot less issues than the first two I'd bought. This one really does seem perfect.

Mine has a slight light bleed issue but not enough of an issue to get it replaced or anything. Just isn't worth the exchange game imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xtremeled

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site

I've had 3 phones replaced by Apple. Every one has been a brand new phone, not refurbished

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Applecare Question

I've had 3 phones replaced by Apple. Every one has been a brand new phone, not refurbished

You could if just gone to a store with no refurbished units available.

My near launch iPhone 4 had to be replaced and it was a refurbished unit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

That's not going to identify it as a refurb or new.

I can identify all three for him.

They were refurbished units.

I can understand a case where maybe a particular store was out of refurbished units that precise moment he was there for a replacement. But three times? No.

Tanveer Qureshi

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
HI i buy a iphone 6 plus from a telecom company in UAE .and after few days my iphone damage with liquid .finely they are saying give us 1300 and we will give you new phone .its okay but i am very confuse about replacement phone it will be refurbished or New? if refurbished so it will be okay or not.please help me because i buy first time .thanks

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
HI i buy a iphone 6 plus from a telecom company in UAE .and after few days my iphone damage with liquid .finely they are saying give us 1300 and we will give you new phone .its okay but i am very confuse about replacement phone it will be refurbished or New? if refurbished so it will be okay or not.please help me because i buy first time .thanks

Refurbished units are better than new units because of the testing they go through.

Gabriel Morales3

Jun 23, 2016
Visit site
Apple remplaces your phone with refurbished phone works a lot of issues, took me 5 replacements to get it alright, at this point I will never pay for apple care anymore, I rather buy new phone instead of wasting my time and getting aggravated

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Apple remplaces your phone with refurbished phone works a lot of issues, took me 5 replacements to get it alright, at this point I will never pay for apple care anymore, I rather buy new phone instead of wasting my time and getting aggravated

That's definitely not the norm. I've had phones replaced before and have never had an issue.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I have had phone replaced as well and didn't have issue. Also have purchased numerous refurbished devices without issue.

judgetom

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Definitively an exceptional case - not the normal way. I had several replacements in the past and had never any issues with the replaced gadgets.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2