There are some default location tracking hidden under settings.
    Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services > Frequent Locations > Tap on list items
    iOS collecting very detailed information about you location, kinda creepy. You will find a map showing your position over the past, time that you spend at each location. I don't remember ever telling any app where I work, but iOS has labeled my work location labeled as "Work" with exact time each day I arrive at work and leave. Any new or unusual place I visit on the map, has a separate tab. Also location based iAds are turned on by default.
    Good news is you are able to clear location history and turn off the option called location frequency. What are your thoughts, did anyone ever noticed it?

Thanks for reading and responding.

Sent from my  iPhone 6 Plus!
    tanson1011 likes this.
    05-13-2015 06:27 PM
    For those who want to check:

Settings>Privacy>Location Services>System Services>Frequent Locations

Doesn't really make a difference for me whether it tracks it.
    05-13-2015 06:34 PM
    I was already aware of the setting as well as aware of the option to disable it and therefore, it does t bother me at all, especially being that I've always disabled the "frequent locations" option.
    05-13-2015 07:15 PM
    There are some default location tracking hidden under settings.
    Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services > Frequent Locations > Tap on list items
    iOS collecting very detailed information about you location, kinda creepy. You will find a map showing your position over the past, time that you spend at each location. I don't remember ever telling any app where I work, but iOS has labeled my work location labeled as "Work" with exact time each day I arrive at work and leave. Any new or unusual place I visit on the map, has a separate tab. Also location based iAds are turned on by default.
    Good news is you are able to clear location history and turn off the option called location frequency. What are your thoughts, did anyone ever noticed it?

Thanks for reading and responding.
    Common knowledge that those settings exist, as well has how to disable them (I did). It doesn't bother me at all. I trust Apple a lot more than I trust the NSA and other government agencies.
    05-13-2015 07:40 PM
    Common knowledge that those settings exist, as well has how to disable them (I did). It doesn't bother me at all. I trust Apple a lot more than I trust the NSA and other government agencies.
    I agree with you 100%. I'll place my trust in Apple until they demonstrate to me I can't trust them.
    05-13-2015 07:51 PM
    lol...you pretend like the iPhone is the only one that does this. What are you worried about?
    05-13-2015 08:31 PM
    I leave it on because I use the travel time info for my frequent locations. If not for that I'd turn it off.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus
    05-13-2015 09:45 PM