6 Plus random restarts since iOS 8.3

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I can tell you I did a fresh install on my 6 Plus and haven't had any reboots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I would look at some of the crash reports for hints as to what's causing the issue.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
My restarts are not a major problem. It could've been a app I had open. I'm just keeping a eye out for them. 8.3 has been good overall.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
I've had a couple. They last about half as long as a cold boot & seem to come back up as though nothing happened as Touch ID is active.

orchiddoug

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Yes! It's driving me crazy. I have the iPad 3rd generation.

It just randomly reboots on it's own... even when i'm not in an app or using it.

It's happening at least 1 - 2 times a day now.

I hope they fix this with an update soon! My iPad has always been so stable before.

This is just CRAZY! :(

mmohn01

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Nothing here so far. My Facebook app freezes on occasion, but I just take it as a sign and then I actually become productive.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
8.3 started out well, but past couple of weeks, I've had 5-6 springboard restarts (TouchID allowed afterward). Mostly, been while in Safari.

Riley2521

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I've had some random restarts, about 3 in the last two days. One while in Candy Crush (I know, I know) and the other while in Facebook that I remember. Never had it happen before that....

goldentwig

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Yes! It's driving me crazy. ...
It just randomly reboots on it's own... even when i'm not in an app or using it.
It's happening at least 1 - 2 times a day now.
I hope they fix this with an update soon!
This is just CRAZY! :(

I too am searching for an answer to this. My iPhone 6 is now springboard crashing several times per HOUR!! It's probably up to even 6-12 times per hour now and it's making me bazonkers!! If I am on a phone call, it does NOT drop the call - just basically mutes me to the other person while it does the short, quick reboot to Apple logo and then the Touch ID/sign in screen. Once I swipe to open, the other person is still talking and usually doesn't know i've been gone for the past 15 seconds or so. If I am typing an email, it seems to autosave my place in the draft luckily, only losing one or two lines at the most.

This only started a couple of days ago and I don't know what's causing it as I updated to iOS 8.3 at least a week or three ago. I really wish I could get this resolved ASAP as I'm due with a baby on Wednesday of this week and don't have time to be messing around with this! As of last night, my local Apple Store Genius Bars didn't have any appts available until at least Monday or Tuesday. :-(

chrisforpm

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I've had a few restarts here and there. Over the last few weeks. I thought at first it was the tumblr app as it seemed to only do it while in that app. Lately however I've noticed it restart while in messages, Twitter and Safari. I've done a fresh reinstall and it appears to be fine, so far.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77