Sigh, for example, make app icons proportionate to the size of the screen...
    They could do that, but it would eliminate a row of icons from the home screen. It would feel more like the iPad and its five rows of icons but they seem to have a lot of space between them at every angle.

I personally am not a fan of icons and running apps being so zoomed in. I would be better off using a 5S if I'm not going to see more content on a device with more screen real estate.

As far as the question of the OP goes, my thoughts are the same as they were when the device was being rumored through the Spring/Summer. I finally have a mobile phone device that runs iOS with a much bigger screen I've so desperately wanted.
    10-25-2014 01:59 PM
    Just saw this on twitter. For those who think the iPhone 6 Plus is too big, I offer this as a rebuttal:

Attachment 69539
    10-25-2014 03:15 PM
    They could do that, but it would eliminate a row of icons from the home screen. It would feel more like the iPad and its five rows of icons but they seem to have a lot of space between them at every angle.

I personally am not a fan of icons and running apps being so zoomed in. I would be better off using a 5S if I'm not going to see more content on a device with more screen real estate.

As far as the question of the OP goes, my thoughts are the same as they were when the device was being rumored through the Spring/Summer. I finally have a mobile phone device that runs iOS with a much bigger screen I've so desperately wanted.
    I agree. I also thought the space between icons on the iPads were weird. That's just me though.
    10-25-2014 03:48 PM

It seems really unreasonable but if I could get a little of that space to place widgets instead, like I would with Android, that would be great. But I do understand that Apple chose to do what they did on the new iPhones. It's just a little rant of mine.
    10-25-2014 07:27 PM
    I'm a month in today and I definitely couldn't go back to my 5S, it seems so teeny tiny for lack of a better description, and I almost bought a 6 instead of a 6+ OIS and the split screen like on the iPad sold me to get the 6+ ... I don't ever see me go to the size of the 6 anytime soon, but we'll see how it goes once I get my lifeproof case for this thing, hopefully it has rounded edges and it would feel bulky and still feel nice in your hand, and as since they usually make them as thin as possible, I think that won't be an issue
    10-25-2014 08:00 PM
    I never thought the 6+ too big from the very beginning. After using it for almost a month, I can't see how I can go back to a smaller phone.
    10-25-2014 11:17 PM
    Best phone I've ever had...but if all the same functions and features were available in the regular 6, I would have that instead.
    Nanci likes this.
    10-25-2014 11:36 PM
    My partner ordered the 6 plus and I ordered the 6 knowing that the 6 would be the perfect size for me. My partner asked me to trade him. He cleans houses all day. With all the bending and moving around the 6 plus kept getting in the way. I absolutely LOVE this phone. Fits in my pocket well and I love the screen size. I can't use it one handed but I am over that already. With the addition of Yosemite's handoff and sms features makes this phone more worth it. I think i have become a true Apple geek.
    10-26-2014 12:30 AM
    Agree with OP completely, when I pick up my 5S now it feels like its an inch big. Amazing how getting used to the size changes things, and I now understand the people who said they couldn't go back to a small screen again.
    10-26-2014 12:47 AM
    The double tap to bring down the top apps is a great feature for me, got use to using this feature now, and I'm able to use the device with one hand!

Defo is a life saver for me
    anon(153966) likes this.
    10-26-2014 04:36 AM
    I will agree with you. I may have found a keeper as well.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    I also have the note 4 and I'm thinking about switching to the plus what is it that you like about the plus more then the note 4 if you don't mind me asking? maybe it will help me decide
    10-29-2014 02:39 AM
    I also have the note 4 and I'm thinking about switching to the plus what is it that you like about the plus more then the note 4 if you don't mind me asking? maybe it will help me decide
    There isn't much I like better but there are some key things obviously.

Apple Pay is faster and easier
    Digital lightning connector that's reversible
    iMessage
    Battery life is better (slightly)
    iOS is faster and more attractive
    Apps still are more polished
    More attractive device, but not by much
    Camera is faster. Not better, but faster.

Sent from my Space Grey, 128 GB, iPhone 6 Plus (that took 5 weeks to ship to me through AT&T) using Tapatalk
    10-29-2014 04:00 AM
    Hands down the best handset on the market. The size is perfect and alway was. I don't miss my 5s even remotely.

Sent from my 128GB iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
    10-29-2014 07:31 AM
    Hands down the best handset on the market. The size is perfect and alway was. I don't miss my 5s even remotely.

Sent from my 128GB iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
    I agree with you in the size. I do think the front of the device is the most beautiful I have seen. Those subtly curved edges in the screen and the phone's thinness is just plain delicious.

Sent from my Space Grey, 128 GB, iPhone 6 Plus (that took 5 weeks to ship to me through AT&T) using Tapatalk
    10-29-2014 08:01 AM
    Curious, things like?

Best phone I've ever had...but if all the same functions and features were available in the regular 6, I would have that instead.
    10-29-2014 09:14 AM
    Coming from a miserable Blackberry Storm (first generation)! It was an awful experience! The screen was too small, buggy as heck and no apps! Always wanted an iPhone but I felt the screens were too small and just decided to wait it out until Apple released something bigger than 4 inch phones.
    I don't know how you did it. I have had 3 androids since my storm and now waiting on my 6+.

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    10-29-2014 09:57 AM
    Bigger is better and I would never go back to a smaller device. This should have been done with the 4S in my opinion. But now there is no turning back.
    10-29-2014 10:21 AM
    I agree with you in the size. I do think the front of the device is the most beautiful I have seen. Those subtly curved edges in the screen and the phone's thinness is just plain delicious.

I think I'm going to make the switch thanks for your time
    10-29-2014 08:29 PM
    Why do you want to switch? Are you having an issue with your Note 4?
    10-29-2014 08:46 PM
    Why do you want to switch? Are you having an issue with your Note 4?
    Yah it's lagging pretty often
    10-29-2014 08:47 PM
    Yah it's lagging pretty often
    Really? When does it lag?
    10-29-2014 08:47 PM
    Yah , switching apps, lowering the notification bar etc..
    10-29-2014 08:51 PM
    Yah , switching apps, lowering the notification bar etc..
    Yeah. I had experienced that. It wasn't too bad. But I did notice it. The message app lagged a little too. It's not that bad to me. But iOS is noticeably smoother and faster in my opinion.
    10-29-2014 08:53 PM
    Even scrolling threw messages or call logs and I don't have that much my z1s didn't lag this much and I had way more stuff on the z1s
    10-29-2014 08:54 PM
    Even scrolling threw messages or call logs and I don't have that much my z1s didn't lag this much and I had way more stuff on the z1s
    It happens. For some, it doesn't matter too much. Where I saw the phone lag the most with some of my favorite apps. I love the NFL Mobile app and the phone almost froze completely when I used it.
    10-29-2014 08:57 PM
95 1234