Verizon users who used the scyzek method to upgrade... I have a question..

dino325

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
So I used the scyzek method to upgrade one of my basic lines to a 6+ then activated the phone once it arrived on my unlimited line in order to avoid the tiered plan. I know Verizon has essentially closed the old loophole for upgrading with basic lines then ditching the data plan but I thought there may be a work around for getting rid of that mandatory 2 year data plan on my extra line. Anyone have any luck yet? I tried but it kicks me back to my verizon and still shows the old 4G Nexus I had activated to preorder..

dino325

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I performed the same method but the two year contract did not activate on my UDP. It remains on the TDP I added to my feature phone when I preordered. Anyone else get this to work?

dino325

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Is verizon still offering the 6GB plan for $30 a month? If so could I goto the Verizon store and have them switch the extra line back to a basic and add the 6GB TDP to my wifes line since she rarely goes over 2 gigs as it is.. Or would I have to send back the phone and redo the whole process..

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Is verizon still offering the 6GB plan for $30 a month? If so could I goto the Verizon store and have them switch the extra line back to a basic and add the 6GB TDP to my wifes line since she rarely goes over 2 gigs as it is.. Or would I have to send back the phone and redo the whole process..

The 6GB for $30 is the Verizon Maxx plan. It can only be offered by Customer Service (at least that is what I was told). And it varies on a case by case basis. I guess they offer that to lure the unlimited data customer to switch. But go ahead and give them a call.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2