I actually normally get two days of use, easily. But, I've been chatting virtually all day via iMessage, thus my battery life is a little below par.
    Also note, I've not got social media on my device. Seriously, that makes a big difference...

Is that pattern normal usage for you? I'm on the phone a fair amount throughout the day & leave LTE running it's faster than our wifi (pretty sad).

Phone
    Email via LTE (about 30 per day)
    Upload files to Dropbox
    Browser, etc

If I can get 11+ hours of power with that kind of usage I'd be OK but not thrilled.
    12-04-2014 07:58 AM

This is day 2. Seems to be pretty consistent. I can't image anyone wanting more from a phone battery. If it will last from 10 to 12 hours of usage that should get you from wake up to sleep each day. I don't understand the need for more than one day. Why not plug in at night? That's just my thought though.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    12-04-2014 08:37 AM
    This is day 2. Seems to be pretty consistent. I can't image anyone wanting more from a phone battery. If it will last from 10 to 12 hours of usage that should get you from wake up to sleep each day. I don't understand the need for more than one day. Why not plug in at night? That's just my thought though.
    Because some people's wake to sleep time differ from your own...some people have jobs that require the device to last longer than what you consider a normal "day". My wife, for instance, when they get into a heavy shooting day and the production crew is not letting up after your normal 8-12 hours, needs her device to last 15-17 hours without having to worry about usage...and because she has a regular 6, she has to have back up power sources or a quick charge here and there. I don't think the 6 Plus would suffice in her situation either.
    12-04-2014 11:11 AM
    Because some people's wake to sleep time differ from your own...some people have jobs that require the device to last longer than what you consider a normal "day". My wife, for instance, when they get into a heavy shooting day and the production crew is not letting up after your normal 8-12 hours, needs her device to last 15-17 hours without having to worry about usage...and because she has a regular 6, she has to have back up power sources or a quick charge here and there. I don't think the 6 Plus would suffice in her situation either.
    Thanks for clarifying. I'm up from 5:30am to about midnight everyday but not away from power very often. I've left my phone unplugged purely to see how long it lasts.

I can see where in your situation you would want a longer battery life. I would say that is probably a small percentage of users that need 15 plus hours of usage without charging but still it's an issue for your wife and those with similar needs. The battery life is impressive now on the 6 plus and I can only imagine it will get better with next generation. In the meantime, Good thing there are plenty of power extending sources available for the iPhone. That's a benefit of using an iPhone. Lots of accessories.

12-04-2014 11:21 AM
    Thanks for clarifying. I'm up from 5:30am to about midnight everyday but not away from power very often. I've left my phone unplugged purely to see how long it lasts.

I can see where in your situation you would want a longer battery life. I would say that is probably a small percentage of users that need 15 plus hours of usage without charging but still it's an issue for your wife and those with similar needs. The battery life is impressive now on the 6 plus and I can only imagine it will get better with next generation. In the meantime, Good thing there are plenty of power extending sources available for the iPhone. That's a benefit of using an iPhone. Lots of accessories.

I guess in the scheme of things sure, it's a smaller segment of consumer...I consider most of them on another level than even heavy users...SUPER ULTRA heavy users, lol.
    cwbcpa and TechnologyTwitt like this.
    12-04-2014 11:25 AM
    almost 10 hours and 1 day. Heavy usage. I'll fully charge it and try it on 4G today.

12-10-2014 01:52 PM
    Show us your battery life on your 6 Plus-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1418344781.485413.jpg

Is this normal?
    12-11-2014 07:40 PM
    Very impressed user right here! For the first time since I've gotten my iPhone 6, I've actually gotten through a whole day without being charged. Now, to be honest, a lot of that had to do with me watching 4 hours of movies on my work computer, but I was still using my phone while I was watching movies and had iTunes Radio and some other audio apps on almost the entire time I was at work when I wasn't watching movies.

Edit: just realized I posted in the wrong thread.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by the_tech_eater; 12-14-2014 at 08:17 AM.
    12-11-2014 10:24 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1418344781.485413.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	188.5 KB 
ID:	73303

Is this normal?
    That's very good! On days when I'm constantly on my phone, I only get about 4 hours of usage time.

Michaelc136 likes this.
    12-11-2014 10:24 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1418344781.485413.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	188.5 KB 
ID:	73303

Is this normal?
    Looks pretty normal to me but you have about 300 posts prior to yours to compare it to. You can compare and judge for yourself.

The usage hours will vary depending on what you are doing. Reading forums won't take as much battery as watching videos. It just depends.

Michaelc136 likes this.
    12-11-2014 10:26 PM
    Looks pretty normal to me but you have about 300 posts prior to yours to compare it to. You can compare and judge for yourself.

The usage hours will vary depending on what you are doing. Reading forums won't take as much battery as watching videos. It just depends.

I've actually noticed that when I'm watching local videos on my phone, I get better battery life than when I'm constantly refreshing tapatalk. So yes, just reading will get better battery life than watching videos, but loading up the content to read in the case of tapatalk, in my experience, uses more battery.

12-11-2014 10:31 PM
    I've actually noticed that when I'm watching local videos on my phone, I get better battery life than when I'm constantly refreshing tapatalk. So yes, just reading will get better battery life than watching videos, but loading up the content to read in the case of tapatalk, in my experience, uses more battery.

Interesting. I'll have to pay more attention to that. Thanks for sharing.

12-11-2014 10:41 PM
    Currently, I'm still getting around two days of battery life, and that is with moderate use. I've since added social media (Instagram and Twitter) back on my Plus. Over the next few days we'll see what happens with battery life.
    12-12-2014 01:29 PM
    I never get typical stats like everyone else but here....

12-12-2014 08:08 PM

I had it plugged into my laptop for over an hour while adding more music. I had 49% battery when it started charging and 72% when I unplugged it. A lot of the time I was using LTE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12-12-2014 09:34 PM
    Amazing battery life Show us your battery life on your 6 Plus-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1418467012.179493.jpg
    12-13-2014 05:36 AM
    I turned off some of the location settings that constantly use it. Background refresh off. Auto brightness. Push mail (but I use Cloud magic). Super heavy usage.

bsmith0731 likes this.
    12-13-2014 09:25 AM
    Wow that's amazing
    12-14-2014 07:13 AM
    http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14...77fd083961.jpg I turned off some of the location settings that constantly use it. Background refresh off. Auto brightness. Push mail (but I use Cloud magic). Super heavy usage.

Teach me how.

Do you keep Wi-Fi on? I'm starting to think low LTE is my issue.

I have those things turned off too but I'm still getting this....

12-14-2014 11:26 AM
    Teach me how.

Do you keep Wi-Fi on? I'm starting to think low LTE is my issue.

I have those things turned off too but I'm still getting this....

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14...d416a77dc6.jpg
    I never use wifi my LTE is like 3x faster than my home wifi. I use snapchat, IG, Twitter, Tapatalk and Google Play Music a ton. Netflix, maybe a couple episodes of Scandal (my addiction lately). 50% brightness/Occasional auto brightness. Push email for one account (iCloud with all other accounts forwarded to it). No Bluetooth. Background refresh off. Wallpaper settings to have parallax off (hate that moving crap). I don't talk on the phone but when I do VoLTE works flawlessly - I'm using 4G now because I changed my data plan.

I think that sums it up. I'm also on 8.1.2 if that helps any. I know another guy tried to call me a scam but that screenshot shows I haven't plugged my phone in.

12-15-2014 01:03 AM

Loving the battery life on this phone, way better than my Samsung Galaxy S4

njshoregurlz likes this.
    12-16-2014 08:34 PM
    I was using fancy keyboard for only 15 minutes... My thoughts are that third party keyboards are draining the battery.
    Well, I'm satisfied with the battery life of my 6+ have to charge it once a day, the 5s I had to charge at least 2 times a day lol

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
    12-17-2014 09:24 AM
    Show us your battery life on your 6 Plus-imageuploadedbytapatalk1418828725.032801.jpgdoes it look okay!??
    It lasts me all day more or less
    12-17-2014 10:05 AM
    Looks excellent!
    12-17-2014 01:10 PM
    Battery life is great on mine! When it gets low, I just plug it up!

12-17-2014 06:58 PM
550 ... 1213141516 ...