A Feel-Good Story After A Disastrous Pre-Order Experience

murtzjaffer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I think some of you were around in the Pajama Party thread when we are all waiting for the pre-order.

I tried to get one through my carrier. After 20 minutes I got through and was surprised to see that there was an offer for free AppleCare for 2 years if I decided to delay the shipment of the phone to October 14 (a savings of $100). As I was not prepared for this offer, it made me rethink things. My indecision cost me as I then couldn't get back onto the site which kept crashing. In a span of about 20 minutes, the delivery date changed from 9/19 to 9/29.

At this point, I was leaning to just taking the free AppleCare deal as I didn't see much of a difference between 9/29 and 10/14. But again, the site just couldn't handle all the orders.

I think you know where this is going.

I finally hit the purchase button and when it said 'purchasing' I know you aren't supposed to click the back button until complete. So I didn't. I waited. And waited. And waited. 10 minutes later, it said 'Bad Gateway Error.' The problem was, I had no idea if the order went through or not. No confirmation email.

So I did it again. Same thing. No confirmation email. Gateway error.

As I was in the process of doing it for a fourth time... all of a sudden and all at once I got a slew of 'Thank You For Your Purchase' emails.

Yup, I had been charged for multiple phones. My worst nightmare.

As we were now at 4:40 AM, I couldn't get a hold of my carrier or my MasterCard company.

So I waited until 8 AM to talk to them.

Anyway, after a lot of trials and tribulations... and many many phone calls, everything has been resolved.

Carrier is also giving me a shipdate of 9/19. It was a trying experience but I am happy with the end result :)

murtzjaffer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
They said I did.

I also skipped like 3 chapters of the story. Basically one person said they cancelled Order #1 and kept Order #2. Then the next person said they cancelled Order #2 and kept Order #1.

It was honestly a very stressful experience.

Let's just hope I like the 6 Plus. I cannot go through a return after this.

I have also decided, I am never doing preorder again. It was traumatizing!

murtzjaffer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Well folks.

Lots of updates today.

I called my rep at my Carrier and she confirmed that the phone would be arriving tomorrow. As you know from my other threads, in addition to my indecisiveness, I am also skeptical so I took this with a grain of salt. Earlier this afternoon, she called and said that everything was good and guaranteed it would arrive tomorrow.

Then, just when I was starting to feel at ease about the situation... she called again and said that there had been an issue with the Free AppleCare deferral code that she had initially waived to ensure my phone arrived tomorrow, but that someone had still marked the phone with it. She got on the case and said that she resolved it but that the package was now being sent via Purolator versus Canada Post because Canada Post wouldn't be able to overnight it. She said not to worry.

An hour later she called back. She said that the warehouse had still put the phone on the Canada Post airplane and that she caught it with seconds to spare before the cutoff and had it moved to Purolator who will be delivering tomorrow morning.

We both think that my delivery is cursed.

Not sure why I am posting everything here, but I guess that's what we are all here for. The perils of our respective purchase tales.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2