Why is my iPhone completely unresponsive?

I

iMore Question

my iphone is completely unresponsive

my original charger broke so i bought a new one that was a bit weird- it needed to be in a certain position for my phone to register it. anyway it was on 1% on saturday ON CHARGEwhen it turned off and it hasntbeen on since. the charging icon did come on for a few hours but now, even with a new charger it is unresponsive, nothing but blackness on the screen. it wont even hard reset.im 65 miles from an apple store so thats out of the question for just now. and i dont have itunes on mycomputer, i will install it butim just wondering if im doing something wrong
its an iphone 5s with ios9

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
my iphone is completely unresponsive

Were you using an Apple OEM charger, or at least a MFi (made for iPhone) branded charger? It could be the charger or you could have a fried battery.

Also, does your lightning cable disconnect from the charging block? You can try to unplug the block and plug it into your laptop and see if that charges the phone. You don't need to have iTunes installed.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: my iphone is completely unresponsive

Never use a non certified charger or cable. Those cheap Chinese knock offs can damage the phone.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: my iphone is completely unresponsive

Never use a non certified charger or cable. Those cheap Chinese knock offs can damage the phone.

That's if they don't explode and injure someone.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2