How much percent of battery health is retained after 2 years of usage ?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've been using my iP 5 for 17 months, and the battery is showing signs of ill health. I charge at least 3 times a day. It does the weird things others talk about. Like rebooting at 20% then when I plug it in, it's at 22%. I'm hoping it will last until September when I upgrade.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The battery on my iPhone 5c is shot after ~1 year, 4 months. I'm A heavy user though. Getting it replaced tomorrow. Here's my saga :http://forums.imore.com/ask-questio...when-i-still-have-battery-life-remaining.html

Prior to that I was really impressed with battery life!
http://forums.imore.com/iphone-5c/268734-5c-battery-life-surprise.html
I've been a heavy "time" user. I'm retired and on my phone most of the day, every day. Things I do that are hard on the battery include FaceTime, Facebook, some of my photo editing apps I use a lot (Superimpose, FrameArtist+ Pro, and Leonardo Photo Editor), Words With Friends, and maybe TapaTalk. But it's mostly the time I've spent on my phone that has worn the battery down.

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I have been using my iPhone 5 since Mar 2013(~2 yrs) and the battery has been pretty much good. I frequently use Safari, Instagram, Good for Enterprise & Whatsapp and I charge it once a day. Brightness is set to Auto and my phone is on wifi most of the times.

Overall, I am quite happy with the battery and with the phone as well! Looking forward for September ;)

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Keep an eye on this issue guys: Swollen Battery! Turns out that's what my iPhone 5c had. Symptoms include battery not holding a charge/discharging quickly, phone ****ting off with battery remaining, slight screen raise where the body and screen are lifted, white "aura" on the top left of the screen.

Seems a swollen battery can be caused by heat such as the battery getting too hot while charging. Beware of using non Apple charging cables. If your phone does have a consumed battery and it is found to be swollen at the Ape store, they will replace your phone free of charge.

Sanjay Chandra

May 10, 2014
Visit site
The reason why I am asking this is because I want to get Applecare for my 5s. I have 3 months until my standard warranty expires. I guess I am going to get it.

kdeckels

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I've been using my iP 5 for 17 months, and the battery is showing signs of ill health. I charge at least 3 times a day. It does the weird things others talk about. Like rebooting at 20% then when I plug it in, it's at 22%. I'm hoping it will last until September when I upgrade.

If your's is a 5 & not a 5s Apple "was" running a program where they would replace the battery if your serial # qualified.

Channan

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
iBackupBot showed I have 1500 mAh capacity on my battery after a year and a half of usage, and that's with me using my iPhone as my primary form of Internet with tethering. My hotspot is left on several hours during the day and runs all night.

ernbrdn

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I think the battery cycle lifetime that Apple says to expect from the iPhone is approximately 500, I'm not sure of the exact number but it is on there website. From what I gathered when I was looking into this, if you use your phone every day and run the battery down every day, don't expect the battery to last 2 years and be as good as it was as new. Not saying it won't I'm just saying I wouldn't count on it. However saying that, I don't know what the applecare regular costs, but a battery replacement is not a prohibitive expense if it is ever required.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2