If it ends up not sticking or living up to your standards, I would strongly suggest that you give the Zagg Glass a try. It's much thinner and the tapered edges give the illusion that it isn't even there. I wouldn't give mine up for the world.
    Its about to get peeled off. It refuses to stick down. It's now been a couple days, and I cannot stand it. It's not changed at all since the install. I will probably just go back to Spigen UltraCrystal.
    04-18-2014 06:50 PM
    Hey guys. Here's some more info the Glass that a lot of you have been asking for. Also for those of you asking, it is .39mm thick. It fits most cases. The only ones I have had issues with are the Tech 21 bumpers. All Mophie cases work. Works with all Otterboxes (I recommend taking out the thick plastic that the otter box comes with). Tech 21 has been the only issue because it overlaps on the screen so much. Here's a closer look:

And here's a hammer and drop test to show you how strong iSGlass is:
    Great job, Thanks for the info and the demonstrations.
    Bradley Spence likes this.
    04-18-2014 08:39 PM
    Hey guys. Here's some more info the Glass that a lot of you have been asking for. Also for those of you asking, it is .39mm thick. It fits most cases. The only ones I have had issues with are the Tech 21 bumpers. All Mophie cases work. Works with all Otterboxes (I recommend taking out the thick plastic that the otter box comes with). Tech 21 has been the only issue because it overlaps on the screen so much. Here's a closer look:

And here's a hammer and drop test to show you how strong iSGlass is:
    I can confirm the incompatibility with the Tech 21 cases. I've tried multiple glass screen protectors with the Tech 21's but none of them work for the aforementioned reason. Too bad as I LOVE the look of the Tech 21's

Sent from my LG-V5OO (my other tablets are iPads) 📱
    04-18-2014 09:26 PM
    I've also just been informed that the RokForm V3 and SlimRok do not work either. The rule of thumb for case compatibility is if the case overlaps onto the screen and it's a tight fitting case, it will not work. Soft cases that are more loose that overlap the screen usually work. Harder cases that overlap will not.
    04-19-2014 10:35 AM
    Beveled/rounded edges chip a whole lot faster than the alternative.
    04-24-2014 05:05 PM
    Where did it chip?
    My keys dropped on my phone when someone bumped into me on the train. It's was that big a drop to the screen but it chipped. I'm so mad.
    04-24-2014 05:18 PM
    The edge of the home button cut out.
    04-24-2014 05:22 PM
    Bodyguardz says to allow 72 hours for it to fully adhere. If there is something caught underneath, it'll affect the ability to adhere.
    04-24-2014 05:23 PM
    Same thing happened in our independent testing. The process to create the beveled edges (the home button cutout is beveled) creates micro fractures and lowers the screen protectors ability to provide impact resistance. Here is a recent picture from testing a competitors beveled edge product.
    The edge of the home button cZagg tempered glass screen protector ...-beveled-home-button-3.jpgZagg tempered glass screen protector ...-beveled-home-button-2.jpgut out.
    04-24-2014 06:34 PM
    They have a warranty and keep your screen from breaking so I'm good with it.
    04-24-2014 07:14 PM
    Bodyguardz says to allow 72 hours for it to fully adhere. If there is something caught underneath, it'll affect the ability to adhere.
    There's nothing under it, and it's been over a week. The edges still are not sticking and there are still spots that look like there's just no adhesive at all on the glass. It's coming off tonight or this weekend, and I'm going back to Spigen UltraCrystal.
    04-25-2014 04:42 PM
    Ame,

Have you called customer service? I haven't read all your posts but what you're describing doesn't sound right. Have you posted a picture? I might be able to help. Either way I would give customer service a call and see if you got a defective unit.
    There's nothing under it, and it's been over a week. The edges still are not sticking and there are still spots that look like there's just no adhesive at all on the glass. It's coming off tonight or this weekend, and I'm going back to Spigen UltraCrystal.
    04-25-2014 04:57 PM
    There is DEFINITELY a problem. I had a problem like that when I first bought one. Call CS and they should replace it free of charge.
    04-25-2014 05:03 PM
    Ame,

Have you called customer service? I haven't read all your posts but what you're describing doesn't sound right. Have you posted a picture? I might be able to help. Either way I would give customer service a call and see if you got a defective unit.
    I did call, and waited on hold FOR-EVER for someone to give me any response beyond "give it more time." After the initial install and a day or two had passed, I did the online chat with a customer service rep after I called and sat on hold for a while (to be fair, it was lunchtime that day), and was told, direct quote, to "give it more time. This can take up to 72 hours to settle." That was the response EVERY. TIME. After a week went by I contacted them, again, right after my blog post went up, even, and explained the situation again. I got again told to "give it more time." When I explained this was the 2nd time I've contacted customer service for this issue, and that I had given it more than a week, I was told "sometimes it just takes longer." It was pretty much the "anything we can do to NOT deal with this customer and NOT help" response. So, I am kinda done with it, honestly. I do not have time to continue chasing the company. This is the same reason I stopped using their other protectors too, like getting any help when there was an issue was not worth the hassle.

I posted pics on my blog, the best I could get with a DSLR on macro. My camera couldn't focus on it very well, it wanted to focus on the stuff it was reflecting. I made sure when I tweeted about the review on my blog that I mentioned the company, also, and got no reply that way either.
    04-28-2014 01:08 PM
    Hi there! If you're interested in finding the best tempered-glass on the market, I'd recommend checking that link: Tempered glass, Tempered glass pane - All architecture and design manufacturers - Videos. It really help me chose.
    04-30-2014 08:02 AM
    I got one. Best screen protector ever. Can't even tell it's on there. Very smudge free. I tried a Bodyguardz tempered glass before on my S5. That was horrible.
    anon(73368) likes this.
    05-18-2014 11:26 AM
    The Bodyguardz are excellent. Granted, they are double the thickness, which allows you to tell it's on there a lot more easily. But the Zagg install process allows for easier line-up and it adheres immediately and no bubbles or anything. Mine is perfectly lined up and I'm happy.
    serglb likes this.
    05-18-2014 12:44 PM
    The Bodyguardz are excellent. Granted, they are double the thickness, which allows you to tell it's on there a lot more easily. But the Zagg install process allows for easier line-up and it adheres immediately and no bubbles or anything. Mine is perfectly lined up and I'm happy.
    The bodygurdz don't seal the best around the edges which allows dirt and lint to get trapped along the inside of the edges. That to me is not excellent for a $35 screen protector. JMHO.
    ame likes this.
    05-18-2014 12:53 PM
    I've never had a problem where after install dust gets under but I have had a difficult time lining those up and noticing they're there. I also had the initial problem where a bubble persists for a few days after until the glass adheres completely.
    05-18-2014 01:01 PM
    I just received my replacement zagg clear glass after my first one was ruined and they even waived my shipping fee Go ZAGG !! Only thing that sucks is that the rounded edges that zagg does is only on the outside of the the protector not the home button like my first one which sucks
    05-20-2014 02:40 AM
    I love my ZAGG glass screen protector. Awesome product!!
    05-20-2014 07:07 AM
    I love my ZAGG glass screen protector. Awesome product!!
    Same here! Just got mine today and it blows the zagg HD away! Won't use anything else!
    fubaracing7374 likes this.
    05-22-2014 10:35 PM
    Just curious, how does it compare to Spigen's Glas.tR?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05-23-2014 05:29 AM
    Just curious, how does it compare to Spigen's Glas.tR?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've tried that one also. I think the zagg is better. It has the best warranty, and feel. Fits it perfectly! And it's so smooth!
    05-23-2014 08:32 AM
    I just bought a generic tempered glass screen protector on eBay for less than $10 and am very surprised at the quality. Went on nice and easy with no bubbles and feels good and doesn't scratch easy. Did it to try it out not expecting much but am happy that I saved $30.

I have had it for two weeks with no signs that it is cheap and generic. Will be buying more of them for friends phones.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums
    05-23-2014 08:49 AM
219 ... 45678 ...