Upgrade now or wait?

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi all!

Just a really quick question...looking for some opinions ;)

I have had an iPhone 5 for about a year & my upgrade with Verizon is coming due in April. I love my iPhone 5, but lately it's been really sluggish & the battery seems to drain really quickly. I've tried resetting it...restoring it...nothing seems to help. So my question is this: Should I try & hold out until my upgrade in April & get the iPhone 5s, get the iPhone 5s on the Verizon Edge plan, or just hold out as long as possible & wait on the iPhone 6? I've heard so many rumors about when the iPhone 6 is coming out, but that's all they are..Rumors, so I don't know what to do.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Heather

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
It's a matter of preference , but if your having issues with the phone you have now, why Waite. The 5s is a great phone.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I think you should go on a playing spree...:) Go look and play with the phone and you wont be sorry. The 5S is an awesome phone coming from someone who has one. Good luck. :)

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Thats hard call. If you get the 5S in April
before you know it the iPhone 6 is here.
I love my 5S. I don't think I could wait.
The 5S is a hot piece. You wouldn't regret getting it.

Last edited:

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
How bad do you want a phone with larger screen? I kinda like the idea of a having the 4" screen on such a powerful device. The iPhone 5s is a slick device on it own, but once you jailbreak it turning it into a miPhone 5s, well, then its on a whole other level. ...and there's always iPad Minis and Airs for when you want something larger. It would be really funny if the rumors turned out to NOT be true and the iPhone 6 DID NOT have a larger screen like everyone is hopefully assuming it will.

Sent from my iridium iPad Air LTE 

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi all!

Just a really quick question...looking for some opinions ;)

I have had an iPhone 5 for about a year & my upgrade with Verizon is coming due in April. I love my iPhone 5, but lately it's been really sluggish & the battery seems to drain really quickly. I've tried resetting it...restoring it...nothing seems to help. So my question is this: Should I try & hold out until my upgrade in April & get the iPhone 5s, get the iPhone 5s on the Verizon Edge plan, or just hold out as long as possible & wait on the iPhone 6? I've heard so many rumors about when the iPhone 6 is coming out, but that's all they are..Rumors, so I don't know what to do.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Heather

My first question would be, have you had the phone less than a year. I know you mentioned having it 'about a year'. If it has been less than a year, I would be on the phone either with Verizon Tech Support or making an appointment with the Apple Genius Bar. You may walk away with a refurbished, but perfectly working, iphone 5 which could greatly affect your decision. I would hate to see you use your upgrade to get the 5S, only to be wishing down the road that you had waited on the new iphone (if indeed that is a possibilily that you would feel that way). Also, I would avoid the Edge plan like the plague if possible but that is just me.

If you are outside of that one year period then I suppose you will have to make the original decision you mentioned. In that case, I really cannot help you because our needs and wants could be completely different.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
When your upgrade comes up a new iPhone will be coming out 5 months after. I would probably wait for the new gen instead of going for the 5s but that's me personally. Do you have AppleCare+? If you're still under warranty I'd try to get a replacement.

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5s

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
When your upgrade comes up a new iPhone will be coming out 5 months after. I would probably wait for the new gen instead of going for the 5s but that's me personally. Do you have AppleCare+?

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5s

One plan of attack, if you care that much and its not a fiscal strain, is to get two lines with upgrades staggered. So, one year you can get one phone, and the next year you can get the other. IMO, its never a bad idea to have a spare phone/line if the cost isn't prohibitive or silly to you.

Sent from my iridium iPad Air LTE 

Haseeb Rehman

May 5, 2013
Visit site
My iPhone 5 is not even a bit sluggish and works exactly the same as my brother's iPhone 5S gold. I think you should get it replaced and wait for the iPhone 6.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
If you're within your warranty or have AppleCare+, you should get a replacement and save your upgrade to see what the 6 will be like. That way you'll have more options and can close between the 5S or 6.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77