ID finger print just doesn't work

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Mine is hit and miss, I do clean it often ... For whatever reason it does not like my left thumb, works more with my right thumb ... I have tried many fingers however feels awkward using any other finger than my thumb. Perhaps I'll run down to the Genius Bar on my next day off and see what Apple Says.

therandomone

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
In addition to wiping the sensor clean, I have found that if I don't use the edge of my finger tip as much as the middle of my finger tip, it reads A LOT better. I think this is due to dry hands, and it not reading through the cracks.

mpham2

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Mine has been working fine. And as posted above, some times when I just want to see the time on the lock screen it works so fast I miss it.

FritzDaCat

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Mine stopped working after the 7.0.3 update. I just deleted the print and rescanned and it's been flawless since then. My friend had the exact same experience.

Ujjwal Agarwal

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Mine stopped working after the 7.0.3 update. I just deleted the print and rescanned and it's been flawless since then. My friend had the exact same experience.
make sure when you program your fingers they must be clean and i guess its a bit tricky too. make sure you apply the thumb from even the edges too for some peoples it works like a charm even after months

Jimbos Jumbos

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
This is a known issue. Apple is just replacing phones with very little research. I have gone through 2 (on my third). It works great for a day or two, then slowly gets worse. takes longer to reconize finger prints. Eventually will not recognize my finger. No matter how much I clean my finger or the scanner, I just get the shaking "try again"

definitely a know issue. But looks like Apple doesn't know how to fix it.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5400101

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
so i have the apple care+ and your saying if i bring it to apple and show them that the ID doesn't really work they will give me a new phone?

Jimbos Jumbos

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
I have a 64GB space grey. refurbished or brand new if they replace it you think?

I have returned two so far for this. Both times, they only ask a few questions, then replace with one from a white box. Looks like the refurbished boxes that they (used to) use. Phone appears to look brand new to me.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2