Brand new iPhone 5s "rattling" sound

pktlouie

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Noticed this today after a few days of use. If I grab my phone on the bottom with my left hand, and barely tap the back where the apple is with my other hand I hear some kinda rattling sound.

I don't hear it if I shake it.

I guess it's really not a rattling sound, it's as if the sound/vibrate switch is loose inside, but if I hold it, it still sounds when I tap the back.

Is this just mine, or...???

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Most likely camera optics... you may want to visit an AppleGenius bar if there's one near you to verify.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
My original 4S didn't have the rattle, but my replacement 4S did and even the power button would rattle a bit too. I just upgraded to a 5C Oct 25th, and the cam rattles a bit on this too.

Like stated by other members, it's the camera, and sometimes the power button can rattle too from the metals contacting each other. As long as everything functions properly, then no worries;)

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
My original 4S didn't have the rattle, but my replacement 4S did and even the power button would rattle a bit too. I just upgraded to a 5C Oct 25th, and the cam rattles a bit on this too.

Like stated by other members, it's the camera, and sometimes the power button can rattle too from the metals contacting each other. As long as everything functions properly, then no worries;)
Hey Pink, congrats on getting the 5C. Hope you enjoy it...

As others said, that sound that you hear is more than likely the Camera and will not get any worse. I had it slightly on my 5 and I can hear it a little on my 5S as well. My iPhone 5 was just fine with it the whole year that I had it. You can take it in and get it looked at but I wouldn't let it bother you. Just enjoy your 5S, it will be fine.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Anyone want to scour the forum over the last few years and link all the threads asking this? ;) :D (no offense OP, it's an honest concern that just happens to be normal for the iPhone's camera).

tkao2025

Apr 14, 2009
Visit site
The rattling sound is coming from the power button. Mine rattles and wondering whether to change it or will all the phone rattle a little. I went to the Apple store today and found some rattled more than others, but they all have a slight rattle coming from the power button.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
My 4s, 5 & 5s all Rattle ... It's a feature ;-) ... No honestly I wish they would have fixed this in the 5s .. You can actually hear my power button rattle if I shoot video. Not the end of the world but very normal for these devices.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

Haven't seen you around in awhile Pink! Thought you may have jumped ship on us!! Just got the 5S last night - LOVE!

To stay on topic - all of my iPhones have had "the rattle" and it's usually a combination of the power button and camera. Annoyed me at first but now I don't even think about it.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Haven't seen you around in awhile Pink! Thought you may have jumped ship on us!! Just got the 5S last night - LOVE!

To stay on topic - all of my iPhones have had "the rattle" and it's usually a combination of the power button and camera. Annoyed me at first but now I don't even think about it.

Jump ship :eek: nope. Not in a million years lol. I💗my pink 🎀5C🎀
Congrats on your 5S upgrade. Nice hearin from ya😃

Sent from my 🎀PINK-alicious 5C🎀

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Jump ship :eek: nope. Not in a million years lol. I💗my pink 🎀5C🎀
Congrats on your 5S upgrade. Nice hearin from ya😃

Sent from my 🎀PINK-alicious 5C🎀

Music to my ears Pink!! Glad you are enjoying your 5C! I have to admit, I have a bit of a case obsession going on. I've started an unofficial case of the month (sometimes week) club haha!

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Just picked up a brand new iPhone 5s and it makes a slight rattling sound...coming from the camera as some have mentioned.

thejerryong

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
My 4 didn't have that rattling sound. But my 5S does, and I'm sure it's the Power/Sleep button. I saw a review on Youtube that the Power/Sleep button is kinda loose.

jeremydc

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
DHL picked up my phone on Wednesday and I was sent a new phone. Now its Friday and my new phone rattles again. I will return it until I am happy. I can't believe some of you settle for this "normal rattle" on a premium device.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2