16 or 32GB iPhone 5s?

km12345

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I saw 2 stores reachable with 32 gb gold available n i let it go. Now I am rethinking it. A 16gb is available but its like 110miles away... Blah

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Larry Pager

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
The more relevant question is- how much free space is on 16GB vs. 32GB?

But back to the OP- if you're sure you won't turn into a game/app, movie, photo, music, or movie junkie, go with 16GB.
Remember- games can easily get to be 1GB in size.
Do you use the kindle app? Some of their magazines can be 1GB in size.

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
You never see people griping about having "too much free space" on their phone. If you can afford it, get the larger size. What may be true about your usage today isn't necessarily true tomorrow, and the only way to get more space is to buy a new phone.

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Thinking of getting the 16g version of the 5S. Don't really think I need the 32 do I?

Don't store music, I use iTunes match or stream most of the time.
All my pics get moved to iCloud photos and into iPhoto automaticlly, don't store pics (or alot of pics at least)
Don't play games
Don't watch movies

What do you think?

Thanks!

I am pretty sure you answered your question for yourself.

KingaSpades

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
If you go with 32 then you're covered if you change your mind about not storing any of those things. I normally keep a few short playlist of music and a few movies on mine just because you really never know when boredom will strike or when you'll be forced to take someone to the hospital or wait for someone at an appointment of some kind.

wendybeee

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I always regret not getting the 32 when I could have. Never thought I would ever see the message I had no more available memory but I did and it didn't thrill me. For what you do a 16GB will most likely be fine but the comfort of a 32GB is worth it !

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
AlWays go bigger. It hurts now laying out the extra bucks but you will only benefit from it.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
My first was 8, second 16, and now I have a 32. No regrets?as apps get bigger and photos get more info-rich, the extra space has been a blessing.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I think I'm going with the 32gb iphone and 32gb ipad, I do believe that would fit my mobile lifestyle perfect.

km12345

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Well after browsing eBay, it would seem that a 16gb would retain more value in resale.

iPhone 5
16gb resells for like 400 to 425
32gb resells for like 420 to 450

Unless y'all got some other info.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

kristopherlarry

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I Just Sale Mine For The Contract Price + Tax... So Like $350-$400 & Usually Sold Same Day... Am I Losing Out On $$$$, Probably... But My Goal Is Just To Use The Money To Upgrade... & I Have My Upgrades Staggered So I Can Get the Newest Every Year... Sad I Know... But Im Addicted...

Sent From The State Of Ohio...

CrackBerry Kevin

Aug 30, 2007
www.crackberry.com
Don't get 16GB. It's just not enough. Seriously. I have only used my 16GB 5s for two weeks, not even done much with it, and it's down to 3.9GB already. Also, know that 64bit apps will be bigger in file size as they start to come out (I think). Even if you don't "do much", I think it's just really easy to eat through the memory. And I start to panic when memory gets down below 25% (on any type of gadget I own).

Go 32GB. You won't regret it.

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I would always recommend a 32GB unless money is a deciding factor. From what you said, you could get away with a 16GB, but what if you decide you want more space later? If you get the 32 now, you don't have to use it all...but at least you have the storage.

If the OP is purchasing the phone on a two year contract and has the money, I would definitely go with the 32G. A lot can happen over the life of the contract and I would rather have the storage and not need it than really need it and not have it

GlennRuss

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Remember that 16GB is not really 16GB. The 5S will take about 3GB, or more just to run the iOS, so it will be 13GB give, or take brand new. It can vary with each phone. My 64GB was actually 56.7 to start. My 32GB 4S was 28. something to start. If you can afford it, go with the 32GB.

rich146

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
You guys in the states are very lucky to have the iphone so cheap. It costs $1000 dollars for the 32GB here in the UK. Anyway...16GB makes better sense for resale as you lose less ? than the larger models but ive gone for the 32GB this time for the reasons you guys have given. My current 4s was close to maxing out so had to lose some photos and film quickly. I think if you were to go away and film lots then you will fill up the memory very quickly. Also with more interesting apps on the market you are bound to download more but still keep the ones you are familiar with. Just makes sense to future proof but kills the bank balance over here. Went into my local Apple store today and the woman said that your best bet is to order online. The store has only a handful of 5s first thing in the morning but then get snapped up. Usually by folk that want to sell on for profit. I guess the "gold" craze is being taken advantage of. I had a look at that today and decided it wasn't for me (or any bloke at that!). Its just has that feminine touch about it. Sorry guys! lol
Hope to get my 5s soon :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2