Hardware or Software Issue Regarding Self Rebooting?

Jimbos Jumbos

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
I also bought a new 5s on launch day. Maybe one reboot on Friday. one or two on Saturday. I started keeping track yesterday. It is not consistant with apps. It seems to happen with Apple apps, 3rd party apps. since yesterday, It hasnt happened with the same app twice.

Since yesterday am, it has rebooted 7 times

I am thinking it is a reboot. Because a few times, I had hidden some apps. After it reboots, the apps are back on the front screen. They stay hidden if I just turn it off.

I dont think it is an ios issue. I updated to 7.0 for my wifes 4s and my daughters 4 and they have not had any resets

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I purchased my brand new iPhone 5s on launch day 9/20/13 and yesterday it rebooted twice by itself. It also rebooted once today. On one occasion last night the screen turned blue right before it self rebooted (similar to a windows PC BSOD). I'm wondering if it's a hardware or software issue. Has anyone else had this issue? I called Verizon today and they said that if they can't fix it then they will have to order me a new one as they presently have none in stock.
Just wondering if I'm the only one (or one of few) who has experienced this issue.
Self rebooting was always something that has plague the android OS, (I've gone through 3 android handsets and it's always been a issue) but not so with iOS so needless to say, this issue is surprising to me.

I got mine on launch day also I attached a doc to a email using pages app and hit send then blue screen of death lol and phone rebooted
But the email still sent lol
Seems like software but if it continues to happen I'll take it in .. At least I have a year lol I'm not worried about it yet because it only happened once so far

Bekrah

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
I assumed just because I saw the apple logo on the screen that the device was 'fully' rebooting.
The logo did in fact appear and disappear rather quickly. I just thought it was rebooting very fast or something. Glad I'm not the only one with the issue. It sounds like a software problem and hopefully Apple addresses it rather quickly.
I'm not sure what they will be able to do over the phone. The nearest Apple store to me is about an hour away unfortunately.

Bekrah

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
I also bought a new 5s on launch day. Maybe one reboot on Friday. one or two on Saturday. I started keeping track yesterday. It is not consistant with apps. It seems to happen with Apple apps, 3rd party apps. since yesterday, It hasnt happened with the same app twice.

Since yesterday am, it has rebooted 7 times

I am thinking it is a reboot. Because a few times, I had hidden some apps. After it reboots, the apps are back on the front screen. They stay hidden if I just turn it off.

I dont think it is an ios issue. I updated to 7.0 for my wifes 4s and my daughters 4 and they have not had any resets

I'm not convinced that it's not a iOS 7 issue. My wife also has a 4s and my daughter has a 4. My daughter told me today that her phone keeps rebooting and when unasked she said that it has happened 3 times already. My wife then spoke up and admitted that her 4s has rebooted twice since the iOS 7 update. I'm looking at 4 reboots so far on my 5s, (one of them was a blue screen reboot).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

farb12

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I have had 3 reboots with my 5s. I think that is more than I've had with both my 4s and 5. I'm sure it's app related.

jkel777

Banned
Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I just had my first "reboot" as well. I came back to my 5s and pressed the power button to unlock it, and the Apple logo appeared for a few seconds. I think it was more of a "soft reboot."

Earlier yesterday, I had some trouble updating to the 7.0.2., and long story short, my phone entered recovery mode while trying to install it through iTunes using my PC (OTA wasn't working for whatever reason) and so I had to plug it into a MacBook Pro and download 7.0.2 and restore it from there. After it was done, I set it up as a new phone, just to be safe. The "reboot" happened the next day (today) after I did all this.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
What is a springboard crash? I just had one on my 5S

It's like when Explorer crashes in Windows. You don't get a full reboot, it just reloads the desktop.

FYI It has happened a few times to my 5s since I received it also. I never had it happen with iOS 7 on my previous 5.

*EDIT* I just turned off the Parallax Effect, and holy crap did the phone speed up. Huge difference.

asuprice

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
It's like when Explorer crashes in Windows. You don't get a full reboot, it just reloads the desktop.

FYI It has happened a few times to my 5s since I received it also. I never had it happen with iOS 7 on my previous 5.

So do you think this is something that will be fixed with software updates or is it a faulty device?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2