Its normal because your zip code on card and adress isnt match,dont take it so personally my friend thats how the things work, good luck.
    12-04-2013 11:35 AM
    Its normal because your zip code on card and adress isnt match,dont take it so personally my friend thats how the things work, good luck.
    That's not his issue - the issue is that Apple would not ship to the freight forwarder since his billing address is outside the US. Yes, technically the ship to and the bill to addresses did not match up and normally that isn't a big deal. (Folks buy gifts all the time) The issue is Apple identified the address as a freight forwarder and blocked the sale.

As the OP and another user have stated, this "policy" is not applied consistently. (I actually think that it is, hence the embargo on iPhones versus other electronics). They have other products they have bought with little or no issue but I think what they don't understand is that if Apple has no store presence and is working with the regional carriers they will not cannibalize those sales by fulfilling orders direct.
    12-04-2013 11:59 AM
    I have the same problem, but I made order to address of my friend. And the apple was canceled this order. I really don't know whats wrong.
    You should use the credit card of your friend and pay him in cash. My friend pay me for amazon USA since they dont ship to canada, so he buys with his name and card and give it to me
    12-04-2013 01:10 PM
    That's not his issue - the issue is that Apple would not ship to the freight forwarder since his billing address is outside the US. Yes, technically the ship to and the bill to addresses did not match up and normally that isn't a big deal. (Folks buy gifts all the time) The issue is Apple identified the address as a freight forwarder and blocked the sale.

As the OP and another user have stated, this "policy" is not applied consistently. (I actually think that it is, hence the embargo on iPhones versus other electronics). They have other products they have bought with little or no issue but I think what they don't understand is that if Apple has no store presence and is working with the regional carriers they will not cannibalize those sales by fulfilling orders direct.

You can help him if you are in the us and then send him the iphone
    12-04-2013 01:13 PM
    Getting a iPhone is not a human right.

Apple is a business and if they choose not to ship to a particular type of address then that's what it is.
    If someone doesn't like how they do business then don't do business with them.

#Naked Tuesday
    12-04-2013 01:21 PM
    You can help him if you are in the us and then send him the iphone
    Are we participating in the same thread? Serious question.
    12-04-2013 01:33 PM
    Are we participating in the same thread? Serious question.
    Yes i just try to be nice cos in reality apple has the right to cancel the order and debating about it is not really help
    12-04-2013 02:20 PM
    Getting a iPhone is not a human right.

Apple is a business and if they choose not to ship to a particular type of address then that's what it is.
    If someone doesn't like how they do business then don't do business with them.

#Naked Tuesday
    Apple can be refusing to send to freight-forwarders for many possible reasons. 1. They just don't care 2. An agreement with the carrier in the foreign country 3. An export restriction in the US 4. And import restriction in the foreign country 5. Fraud prevention with differing credit card and shipping info.
    I'm going to go with #2. And I would agree that the prices seem higher than an unlocked phone from the US from some foreign carriers especially where Apple doesn't have a physical presence in that nation. But before Apple gets the blame, we would need to know whether Apple inflates the price to the foreign carrier or if Apple sells it at a reasonable price and the foreign carrier marks it up. I do not know which is the case.
    But regardless of that, if the option Apple had to sell in that nation was to sell thru the carrier (and let them mark up the final price at will) or not sell in that country at all then I'm guessing good business sense means that they except the carrier's terms to avoid freight-forwarders.
    TiredOfPhoneWar likes this.
    12-04-2013 03:20 PM
    @Karenkcoulter

Exactly my point from the previous page. Logistically speaking, Apple is going to go with a low-cost alternative when servicing markets where they do not currently have a physical presence. Does it stink that you cannot free and clear buy a phone from Apple direct based on your geographical location? Yes. But, odds are they are contractually obligated to restrict shipments outside the US. So should Apple break a contract just to make you happy?

Also, think of the embargos that get placed all the time when the HTC's and Samsungs of the world sue or get sued for various patent infringement cases or intellectual property issues.
    12-04-2013 03:47 PM
    There are model restrictions geographically talking.

I asked Apple to replace the European iPhone 5s with the American model. The guy told me on phone he'd try everything to achieve this, but the service just didn't allow this.
    There was no reason specified, but we just both guessed the American Model is not allowed to be sold out of the US.
    12-04-2013 04:03 PM
    blah blah blah blah blah
    You know, for someone with a single post in this community asking for "tolerance", coming into the thread and calling people idiots and stupid seems awful hypocritical.

At any rate, I think you both could use a tutorial in the difference between necessity and luxury when it comes to these devices...show me one piece of evidence that says you MUST have an iPhone as your cellular device. I'll be waiting...forever. You say that in Europe, internet access and having a mobile phone is a "common right"...in what way does this equate to the iPhone being a necessity? That'd be like me saying I have a common right to public transportation, so they better allot me a BMW X5 as such...that's asinine, and just as ridiculous and pretending the iPhone is a necessity.

And then you go on and on and on about how this and that is "BS"...how is it bullsh*t when Apple is simply adhering to their own regulations on shipping a product? They don't owe you anything...they have a rule, if you don't follow it, you don't get the product. It's a pretty black and white situation here, regardless of your opinions and generic assumptions about the world of shipping works, I'm going to safely guess than there is a reason Apple doesn't do it, but even if there wasn't, even if Apple simply did it so M.Rizk couldn't have an iPhone and NO other reason...they're a business, and therefore, if that is their decision, DEAL WITH IT. Order the device how you're supposed to...if your country or region of the world is too expensive for you to where you want to enjoy the benefits of living in the United States...MOVE. Become a citizen here, enjoy our ways of life in this regard...otherwise, DEAL WITH IT.

You don't like the pricing of products in your country? MOVE. You don't like the shipping techniques afforded to your region? MOVE. You feel like the world owes you equality, respect and the same opportunity as the next guy regardless of what you put into the equation? COME BACK TO REALITY.

I feel like I'm debating this with a teenager with a bad case of entitlement. I mean seriously? How is it Apple's fault that it costs them more to get an iPhone to you so YOU have to pay for it? Show me a "global market" business that doesn't practice these kinds of things? You can't, because there are none.

I'm seriously just baffled at the entitlement issues I see these days. People feel like the world owes them...well...THE WORLD. Get over yourselves. And if you want tolerance, you should practice what you preach. Not a solid start there with your lowly entry to the community buddy.
    12-04-2013 04:20 PM
    You don't like the pricing of products in your country? MOVE. You don't like the shipping techniques afforded to your region? MOVE. You feel like the world owes you equality, respect and the same opportunity as the next guy regardless of what you put into the equation? COME BACK TO REALITY.

You take one step forward but two steps back in this argument. Clearly they disapprove of the policies in place, but they aren't fully read on the subject so their stance on the matter appears uneducated and entitled. But, to suggest that the means to an end is moving to a country where the pricing and shipping is not an issue is a little asinine itself.

This thread

1. Does nothing to further the conversation of any company's refusal to ship outside of their country of origin
    2. Explain why a company such as Apple does not offer direct fulfillment, as is the case with the original poster's claim
    3. Should be considered a lesson in how not to get your point across regarding a subject
    12-04-2013 04:32 PM
    There's really no argument at all to take any steps in any direction...there are people who feel entitled to have something they cannot through a method that is not available to them (obviously). Apple doesn't refuse to ship outside their country of origin...Apple refuses to ship using certain METHODS outside their country of origin. Big difference.

My point was clear, and you understood it (as well as the others)...whether you liked it or not, I couldn't really care less...my suggestion that they move out of their country was a bit tongue in cheek, if you took it literally, that's on you, I'm not going to try and walk you through my entire retort hand in hand.

Thanks for making a list though, are you being paid for your role as his vocal representative here? lol...
    12-04-2013 05:14 PM
    Actually, it had less to do with the shipping method (a freight forwarder) and the potential for there being issues with carrier exclusivity in the area the OP is located in. Granted, the shipping destination (a freight forwarder) is usually a no-no for most businesses.

And no, you don't have to hold my hand and guide me through your explanation. I was looking more towards the civil approach of diffusing the situation versus falling into the stereotype that many Americans get lumped into that we are a 'like it or leave it' nation and that is our stance with everything. Things happen for a reason and I suspect we don't have all of the supporting facts for the points brought up here. We probably never will and I'm cool with that.

It's a crime that I am not being compensated for my time and effort. Just mail the check to

edited to remove personal address
    12-04-2013 05:29 PM
    Actually, it had less to do with the shipping method (a freight forwarder) and the potential for there being issues with carrier exclusivity in the area the OP is located in. Granted, the shipping destination (a freight forwarder) is usually a no-no for most businesses.

And no, you don't have to hold my hand and guide me through your explanation. I was looking more towards the civil approach of diffusing the situation versus falling into the stereotype that many Americans get lumped into that we are a 'like it or leave it' nation and that is our stance with everything. Things happen for a reason and I suspect we don't have all of the supporting facts for the points brought up here. We probably never will and I'm cool with that.

It's a crime that I am not being compensated for my time and effort. Just mail the check to 1060 W Addison St, Chicago, IL 60613.
    So you have proof that the carrier exclusivity was the overriding factor in the cancellation of his order? Or is that just an assumption?

Personally, I have no feeling of obligation to be "civil" or diffusive when it comes to A.) A person who blames a company like Apple because their work around didn't actually work and they'd have to go through standard procedures (for their area) to order the device...or B.) A kid who comes on here screaming "IDIOTS! YOU'RE STUPID!" on his first post in some odd attempt at campaign for tolerance, lol. Forgive me, but when a person complains that they aren't afforded the same things another person is just because they exist, it is quite hard not to shove the "like it or leave it" stance in their face.

Truth be told, I don't mind being "that" American at all honestly. If a person wants what you have, let them work for it in some way...I'm frankly sick of the "Everyone is Equal!" society that is growing in such numbers...everyone is NOT equal, everyone does NOT deserve a gold medal, everyone does NOT deserve to win all the time. But before I continue on that tangent, I'll just end it here by saying that I'd love to go to another country (germany for instance) and buy a nice BMW without the inflated cost I see here in the United States, and if there was a way to do it, I would...but I'm not going to sit and sh*t on BMW when I figure out that I can't get around it, as if they isolated me out from the bunch and shook their finger at me with a resounding "NO!"...nope, I'll get it through the means available to me, and if I can't afford to do so, why should I feel entitled to it?
    12-04-2013 05:43 PM
    Do you want a trophy for that post?
    12-04-2013 05:45 PM
    From Apple.com

"Shopping in the U.S.

The Apple Online Store US ships items within the continental US, Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico. No shipments can be made to PO Box addresses, United States territories, or addresses outside of the United States. You may not export any products purchased at the Apple Online Store."

The last sentence says it all. This is what the OP was attempting to do.
    There is a way a company exports goods and using a freight forwarder is not how Apple exports their products.

If the OP wants a iPhone buy one in his country and when he gets here buy a sim free one to use in the US and buy a sim. The dilemma is the OP's issue not Apple Inc.

#Naked Tuesday
    Fausty82 likes this.
    12-04-2013 06:29 PM
    Do you want a trophy for that post?
    While you're handing them out, sure. I'll be sure to display it next to your "Certified Post Hero" certificate on the iMore mantel.
    12-04-2013 07:04 PM
    Well, Apple does have a markup on their iPhones depending on where you live, with the Asia Pacific version (Model A1530) being the most expensive at an insane $869 for the 16GB model. Wow.

As for OP, if you don't care much for the warranty and just want the phone with AC+, the best thing you can do is to have your friend in the US purchase it and give it to you when making a visit, or for you or someone you know to purchase the phone and bring it back to your country. I know, not the best (or fastest) solution on the planet.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    12-05-2013 01:50 AM
    Certified?
    12-05-2013 10:08 AM
45 12