iPhone 5s Pricing

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: iPhone 5S Pricing

Going to the 64GB version. Have a new baby so taking a ton of video and pictures. Have a 16GB iPhone 4S current and it's almost completely full and I've had to cut a lot of apps/games and nearly all my music out cause of that. So a 64GB version will be really nice as I'll be able to fill it up with all my music, all the games and apps I want, plus the pictures and videos without having to worry to much about space.

Also switching to T-Mobile cause of their Jump program so that the wife and I can upgrade to new iPhones next year instead of having to wait every 2 years. Thankfully the T-Mobile service where I'm at is just as good as the AT&T service.

Why aren't you sticking with AT&T and doing the Next program?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Yeah all three of them are outrageous but I think JUMP is the least offensive.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

Indeed. At least with JUMP you get a break on the price of the service contract... with ATT and VZW you are paying for the device twice - once with their respective "upgrade any time" charge ans second by paying full price for wireless services - a monthly fee that already has the cost of device subsidy factored in.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

Indeed. At least with JUMP you get a break on the price of the service contract... with ATT and VZW you are paying for the device twice - once with their respective "upgrade any time" charge ans second by paying full price for wireless services - a monthly fee that already has the cost of device subsidy factored in.

Plus I don't think the VZW and AT&T options include insurance in the cost so you're really getting ripped off. Yes let's pay the normal monthly charges but paying for half the phone before we can upgrade. Dumb!!

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site

Plus I don't think the VZW and AT&T options include insurance in the cost so you're really getting ripped off. Yes let's pay the normal monthly charges but paying for half the phone before we can upgrade. Dumb!!

First, I think that they are all bad. No, you don't get insurance with AT&T and VZW but there is no fee for the program, either. You just pay the cost of the device in monthly installments. With JUMP, there is a separate monthly required fee that "includes" the cost of insurance.

One thing to note with AT&T's Next program is that some phones are cheaper with Next than they are if you bought them full-price. I haven't seen the iPhone 5S pricing for Next yet, so I don't know if this phone will fall into that category. The Samsung Galaxy S4 is $100 cheaper via Next than full-price and the BlackBerry Z10 is $40 cheaper with Next than full-price. AT&T also offers more choices in monthly plan choices that people can be on and still use the Next program. T-Mobile requires that the customer is on the Simple Choice program (which costs more than my current plan with them) and I think that VZW requires you to be on Share Everything to use the Edge program, but I'm not sure about that. With AT&T, you can be on any of their plans (including grandfathered plans) and still use the Next program.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

T-Mobiles lower prices makes good business sense for them right now. They know they can't charge the same as Verizon and AT&T and still have the customer base that they do now. If and when their coverage improves to the level of the other major wireless carriers I believe we'll see their prices increase too.

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

T-Mobiles lower prices makes good business sense for them right now. They know they can't charge the same as Verizon and AT&T and still have the customer base that they do now. If and when their coverage improves to the level of the other major wireless carriers I believe we'll see their prices increase too.

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app

While that very well could be true, but I’d like to think that they are cheaper (and were first with their JUMP plan) because of their European parent company (Deutsch Telekom). They have definitely shown a bend towards the European type of pricing.

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site

Two years ago I got a 16G 4S. Seemed like enough at the time but life has changed. Between the apps I use, my music and photos/videos of my six, with two more on the way grandchildren, I am getting a 64G this time!

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site

While that very well could be true, but I’d like to think that they are cheaper (and were first with their JUMP plan) because of their European parent company (Deutsch Telekom). They have definitely shown a bend towards the European type of pricing.

I agree with Irish Rose here, in that they have a lower cost because the have less coverage than AT&T and VZW.

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

Another 64GB for me, but in black this time.

If at first you don't succeed, hide all evidence you've tried.

Lozi

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

Will they be available to buy unlocked right away?, if so, will they have the same prices as the 5?

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

Prices are the same 199, 299, 399 for the 16GB, 33, and 64 respectively.

The only thing anyone know for sure is that the tmobile variant will be sold unlocked on day 1. Unknown though whether they will allow you to buy the tmobile variant, take out the sim and put it on ATT. Technically it would work fine, just unknown whether this would be allowed day 1.

Wouldn't see why not since on the website they have A1533 which is the unlocked TMo model as an option to buy on the 20th.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2