Preordering the iPhone 5s?

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Preordering the iPhone 5S?

I have a few questions on preordering the iphone 5S when it becomes available?

I remember preordering it the minute it became available. i dont remember what i needed though.

its under my moms account so i know i will need her drivers license number possibly her social because i'll be opening a new line, adding a line.

my other question is, am i able to use my card even though its a different name? same last name. or would i have to use her card?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Preordering the iPhone 5S?

You should be fine to use your card... the process should ask for a card #, expiration, the validation number from the back of the card, and the name on the card... I don't believe that has to match the account holder.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site

Yup as long as you have the account holders info. You can use what ever card you like.

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site

awesome thank you both! also considering past pre-orders are they usually that same week? or same day?

I know the apple even was september 12 last year and we were able to preorder that friday at midnight, with the phones coming out on the 21.

would be we able to pre-order this friday? or does apple ever do immediate preorders as soon as the event is over? just wanna make sure im prepapred for this years phone lol

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Question what is better? Preorder from Apple or Wireless Carrier?

Thanks

This information is taken from the above link provided by Alli:

The Apple Store. If you are fortunate enough to live in a city where Apple has opened a retail presence, this is probably your best bet. Since it?s an Apple product, it logically follows that the largest number of devices will be available here. But it?s true that the longest lines will also be at your friendly neighborhood Apple store.

My experience has always been great while standing in line at an Apple store on product launch day. You are surrounded by a lot of excited Apple fans, and it?s truly a party atmosphere. The store staff is friendly, and can often be found passing out granola bars, bottled water, and having as much fun as the customers. And when the store opens? well, it?s a magical experience.

Your Wireless Provider Store. This is the second best location, in my opinion, to pick up a new iPhone on launch day. The stores will get a limited number of devices, specific to their own brand. Do I really need to tell you that you will not find an AT&T compatible iPhone at the Verizon store? But again, based on location and general supply availability, these stores will have a more limited supply of devices than the Apple store. They will only have what Apple sends them ? so they may not have all colors in all storage capacities. The lines may be long, and having more people in line than available stock is always a possibility.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Question what is better? Preorder from Apple or Wireless Carrier?

Thanks

The correct answer is "yes" or "whatever works for you". As you know, there are multiple sources from which to purchase the new iPhone. Personally, my best luck has always been through the Apple website... but others say their carrier was the best source to score a new iPhone.