iPhone 5s gold, future of color options

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I think we might be overreacting a bit, matching the color of the phone to iOS 7. Personally, I don't care for any colors but black and white. Gold I think is just too gaudy. I can see where some younger people might like some of the other colors.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I think we might be overreacting a bit, matching the color of the phone to iOS 7. Personally, I don't care for any colors but black and white. Gold I think is just too gaudy. I can see where some younger people might like some of the other colors.

I never said it has to match...however I do think iOS 7 seems to pop more with the white iPhone.

Tippy tapped from my iPhone 5, from me to you.

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: iPhone 5s gold

Sorry, sports fans, but IMHO, the gold iPhone 5s is so ghetto. I liken it to gold "badging" on a Toyota Camry. If it really happens, that sucker is going in a case - any case to hide the cheap gold color... I see it as pretentious, and again IMHO, it will cheapen the look of the phone.

I am seriously hoping they don't do something so horribly. Gold is hardly fashionable in the jewelry these days..

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
If a gold option is indeed released, maybe they will release it in a style that is nice as opposed to gaudy. Maybe they thought it was the next most 'neutral' color outside of black or white.

Regardless, it would be an additional choice. Something many of the same people complaining about the color, complain about not having enough of. Simple really. Don't like it? Don't buy it.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Sure why not. If you're bold enough to get the Gold iPhone, a gold cord would be a perfect match. Gold phone, white cord....fail

thatgirl87

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
As much as I wanted to buy a gold phone, I changed my mind. White is better for the case I want to buy (Maxboost Atomic Air white/blue battery case).

END

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site

I just hope they improve the anodizing they use. It needs to be tougher.
I think Allyson touched on this as well a number of months ago, and that AnoStyle does a tougher anodization process.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
As much as I wanted to buy a gold phone, I changed my mind. White is better for the case I want to buy (Maxboost Atomic Air white/blue battery case).

Seems like it's going to be a white front with a gold back? Which means your phone may look exactly the same whether it's white/silver or white/gold, in the new case...

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

I would probably choose this color combination over the rest. Sadly however I don't think this one will come to fruition. Being one who always uses at the very least, a minimal case, I guess these new colors don't really matter. Unless you go naked or use a clear case, it will still look like the typical black, or white, phone from the exposed front.

Derrick4Real

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site

Sorry, sports fans, but IMHO, the gold iPhone 5s is so ghetto. I liken it to gold "badging" on a Toyota Camry. If it really happens, that sucker is going in a case - any case to hide the cheap gold color... I see it as pretentious, and again IMHO, it will cheapen the look of the phone.

Funny. I found your comment pretentious.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't mind getting the "champagne" colored iPhone 5s. I think it looks pretty sweet. And it will stand out from the rest of the black and white iPhones. The only thing is, I think the white version is the best looking color for the iPhone. There is just something about that pure white color.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711