iPhone 5c stuck at red battery screen, how can I fix it?

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
iPhone 5c stuck at red battery screen

This morning I turned off my iPhone on accident after trying to take off my case. However, When I tried to turn it back on it got the red battery meter screen and it stayed that way for several hours. I then tried to restore via itunes and it went back to the red battery screen but an hour later it turned on(was at a very low percentage) and was doing initial setup and I tried to restore via iCloud, I left it plugged in and I came back it it shut down again and was back at the red battery screen. I have since then had my phone plugged in and it is still at the red battery screen. I have had this phone for about 2/3 of a year and it was new when I got it. Should I just be patient and wait for it or is there anything that I can do to help it?

dc73pd

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: iPhone 5c stuck at red battery screen

Is it just the battery icon showing or does it show a lightening cable icon below that? If it's just the battery icon, make sure your using an Apple approved cable and charger and see if the phone eventually gets enough power to boot up. If not then it could be your battery. If you only have the battery icon that means the phone is charging but if you have the battery and cable icons then it's not charging. Also clean out the port on your phone with a soft toothbrush as there may be lint preventing a proper connection of the cable.

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for your reply. It shows the red battery when it's plugged in, and the lightning cable when it's not. I'm also using the charging brick and cable that came with the phone, as well as switching between charging through a power bank and two computers. I left it last night overnight to charge thru the apple brick and I tried the lint thing but with a toothpick. I'll try it with a toothbrush and will report what happens.

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site

Ok so I cleaned out my thing with a toothbrush and literally nothing came out. However, I noticed something when I plugged my phone into my power bank. The bank usually shuts off automatically if nothing is using it's power, and I noticed that it stays on for about a minute at a time and then it shuts off(except for two time were it had stayed on for about 5-10 minutes). Could this possibly mean that the phone isn't taking any power in?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Ok so I cleaned out my thing with a toothbrush and literally nothing came out. However, I noticed something when I plugged my phone into my power bank. The bank usually shuts off automatically if nothing is using it's power, and I noticed that it stays on for about a minute at a time and then it shuts off(except for two time were it had stayed on for about 5-10 minutes). Could this possibly mean that the phone isn't taking any power in?

Is the red battery showing in the status bar or on the main homescreen?

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site

Ok so I put my phone in the freezer for a little bit and I plugged it back into the charger and after a few minutes it turned on. But now the battery meter says it's at 0%, and it's doesn't show the charging symbol next to it, but when I plug it in it vibrates and does the sound. Will update on how it goes overnight.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77