Why do I get an alert for every text received message except from one specific contact?

susiegreen

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
Since I did am IOS update.
I get an audible nouse to alert me when I receive a text message. That is except for one particular person on my contact list. When I receive a text from this contact I no receive a warning sound. Yet I do for all other contacts.. How can I rectify this problem????

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have no idea, and I've NEVER EVER experienced anything like that in regard to text messages.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Since I did am IOS update.
I get an audible nouse to alert me when I receive a text message. That is except for one particular person on my contact list. When I receive a text from this contact I no receive a warning sound. Yet I do for all other contacts.. How can I rectify this problem????

Open your Contacts app, scroll to the entry for that person and check to make sure you don't see this (NONE) in the text alert field:

View attachment 80442
And the phone numbers/details displayed in this screenshot are from my SPAM entry, so call these numbers as much as you want. Feel free to annoy the bejeezus our of them.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2