Why won't my iPhone 5 come on after dead?

destinyoung97

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
why wont my iPhone 5 come on after dead?

a while back my phone died and wouldn't come on. i tried the thing where you heat the battery with a hair dryer and its worked like a charm every time... until now.. it's now not working and my phone is completely dead. when i plug my phone in it'll shw the thing indication that it is charging then minutes/ seconds later it will say its not charging while still plugged in (like before)... someone help i don't know what to do and i use my phone for almost everything. i'm not in the financial situation to get it fixed, what can i do to fix this

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: why wont my iPhone 5 come on after dead?

Unfortunately, there's not much you can do. It sounds like the battery is worn out. It needs replacing. The battery in my old iPhone 5 is about gone. I try not to let it get below 40%. When it drains all out, it's really hard to get it to charge. Batteries are about $80 at the Apple stores. You may can find off brands for less.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site

a while back my phone died and wouldn't come on. i tried the thing where you heat the battery with a hair dryer and its worked like a charm every time... until now.. it's now not working and my phone is completely dead. when i plug my phone in it'll shw the thing indication that it is charging then minutes/ seconds later it will say its not charging while still plugged in (like before)... someone help i don't know what to do and i use my phone for almost everything. i'm not in the financial situation to get it fixed, what can i do to fix this

Welcome to iMore. Pretty good chance your battery needs replacing. That may not be what you want to hear, but is most likely the problem. My wife's 5 was showing the same issue and after talking to a Genius we were told to replace the battery. Battery was replaced and the phone works like a charm.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

I agree with the above posters. Be sure to allow an authorized Apple technician install a new battery for you.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Apple's iPhone batteries are designed to retain 80% of their original capacity for 500 full charge cycles. After that you're on borrowed time.
Replacement batteries are $79, as previously stated. Otherwise, Apple is about to announce a new iPhone on March 21st that will probably have a $450 price point for 16GB unlocked version.

Larry Cook1

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site

My granddaughter had the same problem. Went to Apple Store and for $79.00 got the battery replaced. Works fine.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2