a while back my phone died and wouldn't come on. i tried the thing where you heat the battery with a hair dryer and its worked like a charm every time... until now.. it's now not working and my phone is completely dead. when i plug my phone in it'll shw the thing indication that it is charging then minutes/ seconds later it will say its not charging while still plugged in (like before)... someone help i don't know what to do and i use my phone for almost everything. i'm not in the financial situation to get it fixed, what can i do to fix this
    03-11-2016 12:03 AM
  2. Ledsteplin said: Best Answer

Unfortunately, there's not much you can do. It sounds like the battery is worn out. It needs replacing. The battery in my old iPhone 5 is about gone. I try not to let it get below 40%. When it drains all out, it's really hard to get it to charge. Batteries are about $80 at the Apple stores. You may can find off brands for less.
    Unfortunately, there's not much you can do. It sounds like the battery is worn out. It needs replacing. The battery in my old iPhone 5 is about gone. I try not to let it get below 40%. When it drains all out, it's really hard to get it to charge. Batteries are about $80 at the Apple stores. You may can find off brands for less.
    03-11-2016 12:32 AM
    a while back my phone died and wouldn't come on. i tried the thing where you heat the battery with a hair dryer and its worked like a charm every time... until now.. it's now not working and my phone is completely dead. when i plug my phone in it'll shw the thing indication that it is charging then minutes/ seconds later it will say its not charging while still plugged in (like before)... someone help i don't know what to do and i use my phone for almost everything. i'm not in the financial situation to get it fixed, what can i do to fix this
    Welcome to iMore. Pretty good chance your battery needs replacing. That may not be what you want to hear, but is most likely the problem. My wife's 5 was showing the same issue and after talking to a Genius we were told to replace the battery. Battery was replaced and the phone works like a charm.
    Just_Me_D and libra89 like this.
    03-11-2016 12:33 AM
    I agree with the above posters. Be sure to allow an authorized Apple technician install a new battery for you.
    03-11-2016 06:49 AM
    Apple's iPhone batteries are designed to retain 80% of their original capacity for 500 full charge cycles. After that you're on borrowed time.
    Replacement batteries are $79, as previously stated. Otherwise, Apple is about to announce a new iPhone on March 21st that will probably have a $450 price point for 16GB unlocked version.
    03-11-2016 07:03 AM
    My granddaughter had the same problem. Went to Apple Store and for $79.00 got the battery replaced. Works fine.

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    Rob Phillips and libra89 like this.
    03-11-2016 11:37 AM