my 5 (iOS 7.1) shut down at 10%, is it normal?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Mine does that too, it's not a big issue for me as I have a Mophie for charging at work and then I have a charger in my car and a couple to use at home so I haven't bothered to try and troubleshoot it much. From what I've seen, the troubleshoot's are fully charging it and letting it fully drain, if that doesn't work then restore it, and if that still doesn't work then talk to Apple, could be a battery issue in and of itself.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
Sometimes the percentage isn't calibrated properly and following metllicamilitia's advice on fully draining and fully charging usually resets this (i.e. so 1% is really shown as 1% and not 10%).

gameson

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Today my phone went dead again at 10%, so it happened the second time, definitely not a fluke. So I went to Apple Store and the guy tested my battery and said that my battery is good. He said that because of this, even if I want to request new battery, they would not let me buy battery as their checker OS said it's a good battery.

with that said, they told me to restore my phone. I already restore my phone when upgraded it from 7.0 to 7.1. on 7.0, never had this issue, battery always shut down at 1%

how can I fully drain the battery to 1% when it shut down at 10% and then would not let me turn on the phone ever ? the only way to turn it on is to stick charger, then take it off, at 10%, it shut down again...

cliffnote: phone battery is good, battery shut down at 10%, apple store would not let me buy new battery.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Today my phone went dead again at 10%, so it happened the second time, definitely not a fluke. So I went to Apple Store and the guy tested my battery and said that my battery is good. He said that because of this, even if I want to request new battery, they would not let me buy battery as their checker OS said it's a good battery.

with that said, they told me to restore my phone. I already restore my phone when upgraded it from 7.0 to 7.1. on 7.0, never had this issue, battery always shut down at 1%

how can I fully drain the battery to 1% when it shut down at 10% and then would not let me turn on the phone ever ? the only way to turn it on is to stick charger, then take it off, at 10%, it shut down again...

cliffnote: phone battery is good, battery shut down at 10%, apple store would not let me buy new battery.

Charge your phone to 100 percent then do a hard reset hold home and power .. See what percent shows after the reset

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77