WIfe's 4S was broken today. Thinking about an Iphone 5, but hesitant given the 5S next month. HELP

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: WIfe's 4S was broken today. Thinking about an Iphone 5, but hesitant given th...

Look for a phone on craigslist to use for a few weeks and then get the 5s when it's released. The 5 is a great phone and other than the rumored fingerprint scanner and possible gold option the other internal upgrades are usually not something noticeable to most consumers. For the $98 price point and if I needed a phone asap I would probably just go with that and be happy with my purchase. I will also say that yes you can do what you asked, but don't forget to tack on possible restocking/non-refundable activation fees, I totally agree with the others that said this is just wrong. People like you are the reason trial periods went from 30 days to 14, etf went from $200 to $350 and the prices of service you're complaining about continue to climb. Go with a family plan to get more for your money or as also suggested pay for a phone outright and go with t-mobile or a prepaid service.
+1 almost verbatim to what I was about to post.

jerome g

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: WIfe's 4S was broken today. Thinking about an Iphone 5, but hesitant given th...

The point of his thread was to ask if he could get away with it...if a person came here and asked if they could get away with stealing a car and explained a pretty sure fire way to do it without getting caught, does he really need to spell out the question "Is it illegal?" in order to get responses to such? Of course the OP didn't ask what our opinions on the ethics of this decision were, he's planning to do it, so obviously he holds a different view of such...but the beauty of the public forum is that when you put something like this out in the open, people can give you their thoughts even if you didn't ask (because it's very relevant).

These kinds of decisions directly affect my service experience in several ways...so I'm going to voice my thoughts on the decision whether it's asked for or not.

Of course you can reply with whatever response you wish to- but it is Not relevant to his intent on the post- which is my point. There are too many threads with replies that don't matter to the poster. It is a waste of time. You would also feel frustrated if you started a topic and the majority of replies are not addressing your point.
I don't see that as the beauty of a public forum. I see it as waste of time posting a question. This is my point and as I said before, I also don't think it is ethical.
Instead of everyone replying to a post like this with their opinion on someone else's actions, we can just make a sticky to cover all posts of questionable ethics-
Start with the 10 commandments then add on as we go along-
1) Don't buy a phone just to return it for an upgrade
2) if you find an iphone return it to the Apple store
Etc
Then just refer to the sticky with the response

P.S. before replying to a questionable post- look at yourself in the mirror and ask if there are any issues you can fix in yourself prior to condemning others. I bet this will do more good for you than your post will change the mind of the OP

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Of course you can reply with whatever response you wish to- but it is Not relevant to his intent on the post- which is my point. There are too many threads with replies that don't matter to the poster. It is a waste of time. You would also feel frustrated if you started a topic and the majority of replies are not addressing your point.
I don't see that as the beauty of a public forum. I see it as waste of time posting a question. This is my point and as I said before, I also don't think it is ethical.
Instead of everyone replying to a post like this with their opinion on someone else's actions, we can just make a sticky to cover all posts of questionable ethics-
Start with the 10 commandments then add on as we go along-
1) Don't buy a phone just to return it for an upgrade
2) if you find an iphone return it to the Apple store
Etc
Then just refer to the sticky with the response

P.S. before replying to a questionable post- look at yourself in the mirror and ask if there are any issues you can fix in yourself prior to condemning others. I bet this will do more good for you than your post will change the mind of the OP

That is the beauty of a public forum. Everyone can add their perspective. For example, after the initial query has been answered, the thread continues... it even includes suggestions by some forum members about how to work around the initial issue (temporarily replacing a broken phone with a craigslist/eBay cheapie)... and other posters chiming in to suggest a "10 Commandments" thread... (did you see what just happened there?)

EauRouge

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

wait. wait wait wait wait.

get the new phone! you'll hate yourself when it comes out

jerome g

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site

That is the beauty of a public forum. Everyone can add their perspective. For example, after the initial query has been answered, the thread continues... it even includes suggestions by some forum members about how to work around the initial issue (temporarily replacing a broken phone with a craigslist/eBay cheapie)... and other posters chiming in to suggest a "10 Commandments" thread... (did you see what just happened there?)

Got it, went off topic, but to make a point re posting in threads. And the last time that will happen. I'll leave it up to you guys to do that- it is the "beauty" of a public forum

cgr1971

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site

Another vote for the Craigslist idea. Pick up a 4 or 4s on the cheap and use it for a month. Then once the 5s is released, get it and sell the 4/4s on Craigslist or ebay. For that matter pick up a super cheap Android to use for a month off of Craigslist and resell it.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2