iphone 5 black 16gb

kennyboy1

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
i hope this is ok to put here. my daughter as the iphone5. i dont know what she as done but she cannot unlock her phone to use. she said the kids was playing with it and her password does not work now its on paygo with o2 thay said thay cannot help her which seems strange to me. i use bbz10 so im not familiar with iphone some1 told me you can jail break it.or just put new software on it so i need advice really. i can see from the top of the page there is a iphone section do i have to regester again to access that section or just use my user name to ask for help or can some give me advice ive tryed many ways how to do it from the internet but will not work and every1 telling to jail break it or put new software on. ive done my bb so im ok with that its just this iphone....... help please..

kennyboy1

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
thanks for your for reply yes it was displaying that because ive tried loads of ways that it was of the internet how to bypass your password key.at 1 point the phone was disabled for 5 minutes. but ive turned it on this mourning and it is asking for pass key. i dont know what im doing with these phones because ive only had blackbeery. ive been and got her a usb lead for it thinking it would be easy like the bb but dont seem to be getting anywhere and the people ive spoken to said i need to jailbreak it put new software on it plus i need itunes.and to be honest nothing as worked. your post is the nearest thing so far so if you could advice me or give me some guide on what to do please. as i said its on o2 paygo but thay where no help. and from what i can gather its not been backed up because her boyfreind done it and thay have split and she dont have a pc to do it so like i said im stuck at the minute so any advice would be great thank you.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Here you say it was the boyfriend, on Crackberry you said it was the kids...little details changing from forum to forum, forgive me for being a bit questionable about your post. Also, you seem to be confused on things like simple sign ins on the forums, so this situation may honestly be beyond your ability (no offense)...

To add, these threads always make me curious how a person who uses another type of smart phone is just completely dumbfounded and lost when it comes to a lock out situation with password protection. I mean really? Every phone I've had for the last decade has had an option for some kind of password protection, and they all work in the same, simple way...no password, no access.

Reading your post, it seems you want access to the phone without the password...I just did a 2 second google search and the first 4 hits were information about bypassing password protection on the iPhone. I'm not trying to call you out on this, but bypassing security features on a device, to me at least, is something a bit sketchy, and because of such, I'm not comfortable with just up and posting links to those instructions (again, it's as simple as a google search for "bypass password protection iphone 5").

You have to understand that a new member coming in and asking for information on bypassing security features on the iPhone seems a bit weird. Good luck with it if your situation is an honest one...

Social Distortion68

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Maybe I missed something...
Sean, you said
"Here you say it was the boyfriend, on Crackberry you said it was the kids"
But the OP said here:
" my daughter as the iphone5"
Just asking...

kennyboy1

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Here you say it was the boyfriend, on Crackberry you said it was the kids...little details changing from forum to forum, forgive me for being a bit questionable about your post. Also, you seem to be confused on things like simple sign ins on the forums, so this situation may honestly be beyond your ability (no offense)...

To add, these threads always make me curious how a person who uses another type of smart phone is just completely dumbfounded and lost when it comes to a lock out situation with password protection. I mean really? Every phone I've had for the last decade has had an option for some kind of password protection, and they all work in the same, simple way...no password, no access.

Reading your post, it seems you want access to the phone without the password...I just did a 2 second google search and the first 4 hits were information about bypassing password protection on the iPhone. I'm not trying to call you out on this, but bypassing security features on a device, to me at least, is something a bit sketchy, and because of such, I'm not comfortable with just up and posting links to those instructions (again, it's as simple as a google search for "bypass password protection iphone 5").

You have to understand that a new member coming in and asking for information on bypassing security features on the iPhone seems a bit weird. Good luck with it if your situation is an honest one...

right let me explain propley the phone belongs to my daughter.when she was with her boyfreind he was the one that used to look after the phone ie through the pc she dont have a clue what he used to do.and yes the kids was messing with it but she does not know what thay have done to it.she is no longer with the boyfriend so she as no access to a pc.and your right about singing to this forum because i didnt know or still if i use the same user name and password for this forum like crackberry.and like i said ive only had a bb and dont use a password on that because i dont always remember them.ive never had a iphone before or even held 1 in my hands untill she mentioned it to me i thought i could do it for her. ive had many people telling me i need to do this or do that. it went over my head.that is why i asked for help i really should have explained propley this mourning before i went to work but i was rushing i do understand now reading back through my post that i should have mentioned things properley.and if you look on crackberry i always use that site for help with my bb.so i hope i have explained myself now and hope you will still give me advice what i need to do im sorry if you feel mislead but your not its my fault for not explaining it right.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Like I was saying before, if you're having issues just remembering how to sign into the different forums...this might be a bit beyond you, and you might want to have someone help you with it.

Against my better judgement...here's a vid (with a kid explaining it, but there's about 100 videos of this), this of course is assuming you're on 6.1.4 (but should work on others as well)...

How to bypass passcode using Siri on IOS 6.1.4 - YouTube

...after you've done this, you'll want to restore your iPhone from a back up (since you wont be able to turn off password protection without the original password)...you WILL need a computer to do this (and you will need the Apple ID associated with the phone), so looking at your original post, this may not be a permanent fix for you at all, but will give you access to the phone at least.

kennyboy1

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Like I was saying before, if you're having issues just remembering how to sign into the different forums...this might be a bit beyond you, and you might want to have someone help you with it.

Against my better judgement...here's a vid (with a kid explaining it, but there's about 100 videos of this), this of course is assuming you're on 6.1.4 (but should work on others as well)...

How to bypass passcode using Siri on IOS 6.1.4 - YouTube

...after you've done this, you'll want to restore your iPhone from a back up (since you wont be able to turn off password protection without the original password)...you WILL need a computer to do this (and you will need the Apple ID associated with the phone), so looking at your original post, this may not be a permanent fix for you at all, but will give you access to the phone at least.

ok ive tried that method now the pictures of my grand kids have gone and there is for empty boxes where thay where plus the screen as turned white i can still see things on there but it as not bypassed the passkey so do i need Apple ID and iTunes. i have pc and usb cable i have tried many methods like that but the phone as never change untill now again thanks for your advice.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So you got into the phone without the password and your primary concern was to go look at pictures? I'm a bit baffled here to be honest.

No offense man, but your situation just sounds like a big cluster F&%#...yes, you do need the Apple ID registered to the iPhone in order to restore it and yes, you do need iTunes to do it (because of the situation).

Beyond what we've given you, it sounds like you also have a damaged iPhone...and because I really can't understand what it is you're experiencing and what exactly you need someone to tell you, I'm kind of done. Good luck with it...sounds like the issue is probably going to be beyond your abilities (or really anyones honestly, unless someone can come up with the password).

Last edited:

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
ok ive tried that method now the pictures of my grand kids have gone and there is for empty boxes where thay where plus the screen as turned white i can still see things on there but it as not bypassed the passkey so do i need Apple ID and iTunes. i have pc and usb cable i have tried many methods like that but the phone as never change untill now again thanks for your advice.

Try holding the home and power key in until the Apple logo shows up and see if those pictures come back. Yes, you do need to have an Apple ID as well as iTunes installed on your computer.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2.

kennyboy1

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Right ok I've finally got my daughters iPhone 5 password smashed I'm going to pick it up tomorrow from my friend who done it for her but he did warn her she would lose everything on it ie pics and anything that was stored on it. But he rang me to say that there is no signal on the phone. I have spoken to my daughter and she said it was ok until now ie there was a signal. I have asked him why is there no signal and he said he does not know so could he have done something to the phone by smashing the password or will she have to contact o2 to get the sim activated again.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Right ok I've finally got my daughters iPhone 5 password smashed I'm going to pick it up tomorrow from my friend who done it for her but he did warn her she would lose everything on it ie pics and anything that was stored on it. But he rang me to say that there is no signal on the phone. I have spoken to my daughter and she said it was ok until now ie there was a signal. I have asked him why is there no signal and he said he does not know so could he have done something to the phone by smashing the password or will she have to contact o2 to get the sim activated again.

He didn't "smash" the password, he overrode the password (like you did before) and restored the iphone...so now it's in it's native state with no link to an account or anything, essentially fresh out of the box. I hope you didn't pay money for this, lol...

As far as no signal, could be several things...no reception in his area, the SIM card needs to be removed and put back in (or even replaced), could be because the phone isn't fully restored yet and is waiting to have the Apple ID information put back into it...lots of stuff.

Truthfully, this story sounds so weird at this point I'm done...good luck with it.

kennyboy1

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
No I didn't pay him to do it he was very helpful. What I don't understand is your negative view on this matter as I don't know about I phones and was asking advice/help so my daughter could have her phone working again. Is it to much trouble to ask you what I need know ie iTunes and apple I'd. And where do I get them from please.i just hope you don't get stuck with something and get negative answers.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
What I don't understand is your negative view on this matter as I don't know about I phones and was asking advice/help so my daughter could have her phone working again. Is it to much trouble to ask you what I need know ie iTunes and apple I'd. And where do I get them from please.i just hope you don't get stuck with something and get negative answers.
I've read through this thread twice now and frankly I do not get how you came to the conclusion that Sean's replies to you were negative. IMHO, he has done more than enough to try to help you resolve this. Hopefully you will see this too if you take a minute and review his posts again. That said, if you go to apples support site in this link, there is a lot of info to help you understand your question about an Apple ID and iTunes. http://www.apple.com/support/

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I've read through this thread twice now and frankly I do not get how you came to the conclusion that Sean's replies to you were negative. IMHO, he has done more than enough to try to help you resolve this. Hopefully you will see this too if you take a minute and review his posts again. That said, if you go to apples support site in this link, there is a lot of info to help you understand your question about an Apple ID and iTunes. http://www.apple.com/support/

Not only do I agree with you 100%, but am also amazed you were able to get through this thread twice. I made it through once and my head is throbbing lol.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
No I didn't pay him to do it he was very helpful. What I don't understand is your negative view on this matter as I don't know about I phones and was asking advice/help so my daughter could have her phone working again. Is it to much trouble to ask you what I need know ie iTunes and apple I'd. And where do I get them from please.i just hope you don't get stuck with something and get negative answers.

Here's the reality of this situation bud, you've come to a forum asking how to break password protection on an iPhone...something that we could have easily just approached as you trying to use someone's phone you have no real access to and told you to buzz off, but against the better judgement of the (for the most part) logical minds in our community, help started flowing towards you, showing you PRECISELY how to bypass the password lock. So what do you do immediately afterwards? Instead of restoring the phone so you could get a fresh start on the phone and be able to use it, you go looking at the pictures in the phone (this further makes me curious what your agenda was, as looking at pictures when a phone is locked up and needs to be used is probably the last thing on people's minds when they are trying to figure out how to start using it again).

THEN...you bring it to some "password smasher" (whatever the hell that is), and he tells you "Oh, there's no signal to this phone...". So no signal to a phone that is password locked that you don't have the password for...and you can't restore it back because you don't have the Apple ID for it, and this is really all above your head because you "don't know about the phone" (your words).

We're not miracle workers here man...and what you need is someone who can work miracles. Perhaps trying a religious forum, or something in the magician arena. I'm going to give you a simple way of understanding how you sound to us in this thread...

"Hey guys, I have this phone thingy, and it's locked with a password...I don't have the password and have no idea how to get it, I also have no idea what an Apple ID is, and don't have iTunes...the phone isn't working, the pictures are gone and I really don't know much about phones anyways so I wouldn't even know how to use the information you will provide to me because it's beyond me.

Can someone make my phone work?"

It's not me being negative my friend, it's you assuming we have some kind of magical process for you to override a security feature that is functioning as it should, and then you needing assistance but having no idea how to use such.

What you need to do (which was suggested at the very beginning of the thread) is to find someone who DOES know what they are doing and asking them to help you get it back on it's feet...this is all in the assumption that your attempts are done so in an honest nature, and not to try and use/peek inside of someone's phone you shouldn't have access to.

In the end, just looking at your responses, there's nothing we're going to be able to do to help you because you can't even really help yourself.

Last edited:

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I think if you just kicked back and read ALL of your posts as Sean and the rest of us are, It is not being negative as much as really being a bit skeptical about the entire situation.
Even when he said he was done he still offered help so I would be appreciative to what you got so far and don't look at it any different than how we are viewing it.
​If all this is ligit we truly wish you the best.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I've read through this thread twice now and frankly I do not get how you came to the conclusion that Sean's replies to you were negative. IMHO, he has done more than enough to try to help you resolve this. Hopefully you will see this too if you take a minute and review his posts again. That said, if you go to apples support site in this link, there is a lot of info to help you understand your question about an Apple ID and iTunes. Apple - Support
I agree with you Rose 100% and personally i just finished quoting the last answer by Sean the same way you did here before i even read yours. I am looking at this the same as you guys.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Here's the reality of this situation bud, you've come to a forum asking how to break password protection on an iPhone...something that we could have easily just approached as you trying to use someone's phone you have no real access to and told you to buzz off, but against the better judgement of the (for the most part) logical minds in our community, help started flowing towards you, showing you PRECISELY how to bypass the password lock. So what do you do immediately afterwards? Instead of restoring the phone so you could get a fresh start on the phone and be able to use it, you go looking at the pictures in the phone (this further makes me curious what your agenda was, as looking at pictures when a phone is locked up and needs to be used is probably the last thing on people's minds when they are trying to figure out how to start using it again).

THEN...you bring it to some "password smasher" (whatever the hell that is), and he tells you "Oh, there's no signal to this phone...". So no signal to a phone that is password locked that you don't have the password for...and you can't restore it back because you don't have the Apple ID for it, and this is really all above your head because you "don't know about the phone" (your words).

We're not miracle workers here man...and what you need is someone who can work miracles. Perhaps trying a religious forum, or something in the magician arena. I'm going to give you a simple way of understanding how you sound to us in this thread...

It's not me being negative my friend, it's you assuming we have some kind of magical process for you to override a security feature that is functioning as it should, and then you needing assistance but having no idea how to use such.

What you need to do (which was suggested at the very beginning of the thread) is to find someone who DOES know what they are doing and asking them to help you get it back on it's feet...this is all in the assumption that your attempts are done so in an honest nature, and not to try and use/peek inside of someone's phone you shouldn't have access to.

In the end, just looking at your responses, there's nothing we're going to be able to do to help you because you can't even really help yourself.
Between ALL of the work you have thrown the OPs way as well as the other answers and Rose helping I would just beg off on it at this point although I know where you are coming from Sean but if the OP cannot be more appreciative than advice gets to a point of OK time to call it a night you know what I mean? :)
I know and suppose more people here are glad you tried to help that she is and all your points you have made are spot on.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2