Purchasing an iphone 5

androidluvr2

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure they will, but chances are they will try to get you to buy their Geek Squad plan instead, which costs like $16 a month.
Ok, because Verizon would not or at least the rep I spoke with would not. Does the Geek Squad plan include theft/loss coverage?

SmartFah

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok, because Verizon would not or at least the rep I spoke with would not. Does the Geek Squad plan include theft/loss coverage?

I don't think it does. I had it on my iPhone 4, but I don't recall it covering theft. It's more like Apple Care. It covers service, repairs, and a replacement if you accidentally damage it. Over the life of a 2 yr contract, Apple Care is definitely cheaper ($99 vs $16/mo). The only way I would recommend Best Buys plan over Apple care is if you are prone to damaging your phone a lot. Apple only offers 2 replacements at $50 each. Best Buy doesn't have a limit, or deductible for a replacement, but after 2 years, you're gonna pay close to $400.

I bought a iPhone 5 last month on eBay, fortunately it had Apple Care on it already, and Sprint had an open enrollment for their insurance program so I added it to cover loss/theft. Hopefully, you would be able to add Verizon's insurance plan to cover loss/theft. If not, Apple Care is probably the best option for repairs & replacements.

Droidrage729

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Am i missing some hidden gem in apple care cause last i checked they didn't cover neat as much as squaretrade for instance. Whats the incentive in buying apple care saying i have apple care?

androidluvr2

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Am i missing some hidden gem in apple care cause last i checked they didn't cover neat as much as squaretrade for instance. Whats the incentive in buying apple care saying i have apple care?
apple care is $99 for 2 years. It is an extended warranty plus insurance for accidental damage with a $49 deductible for accidental damage and no deductible for extended warranty. It does not cover theft or loss.

What does square trade cover and for how much?

Droidrage729

May 31, 2012
Visit site
apple care is $99 for 2 years. It is an extended warranty plus insurance for accidental damage with a $49 deductible for accidental damage and no deductible for extended warranty. It does not cover theft or loss.

What does square trade cover and for how much?

I just got two year coverage for 99 also 50 dollar deductible and it covers everything literally product failure accidental damage and last i checked applecare did not cover water damage. Applecare covers two incidents of accidental damage while squaretrade gives you 4 or 5. Given you shouldnt need 4 but again more for your money.

Nolander07

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
This is just an excerpt from the AppleCare+ plan.

ADH coverage only applies to an
operational or mechanical failure caused by an accident from handling that is the result of an unexpected
and unintentional external event (e.g., drops and liquid contact) that arises from your normal daily usage of
the Covered iPhone as intended for such Covered iPhone. ADH coverage does not include (a) protection
against normal wear and tear, theft, misplacement, reckless, abusive, willful or intentional conduct
associated with handling and use of the Covered iPhone,

It does appear to cover water damage.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I just got two year coverage for 99 also 50 dollar deductible and it covers everything literally product failure accidental damage and last i checked applecare did not cover water damage. Applecare covers two incidents of accidental damage while squaretrade gives you 4 or 5. Given you shouldnt need 4 but again more for your money.

I can see one benefit of AppleCare being that they give you a brand new phone. Does the fine print for square trade mention a new device, or just a "replacement"?

revtech

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I can see one benefit of AppleCare being that they give you a brand new phone. Does the fine print for square trade mention a new device, or just a "replacement"?

And you get it right then and there with all your "stuff" put back on it so you walk out with "your" phone back.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
4. What is not Covered?

4.1 Hardware Service and ADH Coverage Area. Apple may restrict hardware service and ADH coverage
to the Covered iPhone’s original Country of Purchase.

4.2 Hardware Coverage and ADH Coverage.

(i) The Plan does not apply to installation, removal or disposal of the Covered iPhone, or provision of
equipment while the Covered iPhone is being serviced.
(ii) The Plan does not apply to damage caused by (a) a product that is not the Covered iPhone, (b)
abuse, misuse, fire, earthquake or other external causes except as described in section 3.2 above, (c)
operating the Covered iPhone outside the permitted or intended uses described by the
manufacturer, or (d) service (including upgrades and expansions) if such was performed by anyone
who is not a representative of Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider (“AASP”).
(iii) The Plan does not apply to an iPhone with a serial number that has been altered, defaced or
removed, or has been modified to alter its functionality or capability without the written permission
of the manufacturer.
(iv) The Plan does not apply to a Covered iPhone that has been lost or stolen. This Plan only covers a
Covered iPhone that is returned to Apple in its entirety.
(v) The Plan does not apply to cosmetic damage to the Covered iPhone, including but not limited to
scratches and dents, that do not otherwise affect the functionality of the Covered iPhone.
(vi) The Plan does not apply to preventative maintenance on the Covered iPhone;
(vii) The Plan does not apply to defects caused by normal wear and tear or which is otherwise due to
normal aging of the product.
(viii) The Plan does not apply to a pre-existing condition on any Covered iPhone if you purchased
the Plan after you purchased the Covered iPhone.

born2ride41

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Squaretrade is awesome I got it for my iPhone and iPad. Hhgregg wanted like 200 for there warranty. Square trade doesn't have a deductible depending on which plan u select. So far I am impressed with square trade and will use them over sprint or another warranty.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77